PDA

View Full Version : Robocop (2013)

Xtrema
08-20-2012, 01:00 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/

ED-209
http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-content/uploads//2012/07/robocop-2013-remake-movie-01.jpg

Robocop
http://comics-x-aminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Hpvqs.jpg

House as Dick Jones?
http://www.yellmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/robocop-remake-Hugh-vs-Laurie-Ronny-Cox-dick-jones.jpg

Discuss.

adam c
08-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Robocop suit looks stupid
Detroit is no longer worth protecting

Point?

InRich
08-20-2012, 01:20 PM
wow does that suit ever look fucking stupid.

Xtrema
08-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Early scripts (true or not) also called for Robocop to transform like Optimus Prime.

:facepalm:

Hollywood seriously need to stop fucking with my childhood.

chibwack
08-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Early scripts (true or not) also called for Robocop to transform like Optimus Prime.

:facepalm:

Hollywood seriously need to stop fucking with my childhood.
First, teenage alien ninja turtles, now this?

flipstah
08-20-2012, 02:14 PM
I think we have hit the point in life where we are officially out of creative ideas. :(

sputnik
08-20-2012, 02:18 PM
I think society need to make a pact for at least 5-10 years that we (as a whole) will NEVER go to a remake of a movie that is less than 50 years old.

Hollywood needs a kick in the nuts.

JordanAndrew
08-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Robocop almost looks like a shitty version of Raiden from metal gear. They seriously should just stick to the original look.

403Gemini
08-20-2012, 05:24 PM
All they had to do was remake the exact robocop movie, keep the suit almost identical, just make it look like he doesn't have a stick up his ass while he is walking and i'd have been happy.

Inzane
08-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Another completely unnecessary remake....

Where's a smilie for pointing a gun at one's own head? That's what I need for this post.

Maxx Mazda
08-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Looks like a steel plate knockoff of the Crysis nanosuit...

FFS when will Hollywood come up with a new goddamn idea???

WhippWhapp
08-20-2012, 07:59 PM
The original qualifies under "so bad, but good for laughs", like Total Recall.

BigMass
08-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by WhippWhapp
The original qualifies under "so bad, but good for laughs", like Total Recall.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/129/577/How+About+No.jpg

both movies are classic genius cinema. They are in no way bad

HiTempguy1
08-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/129/577/How+About+No.jpg

both movies are classic genius cinema. They are in no way bad

The original movie, I felt like I was watching a STORY unfold. The remake, I felt like I was watching a constant car chase scene with explosions, combined with virtually non-existant character development. I then realized why I love late 80's, early 90's movies, even if they sometimes have cheezy lines/bad acting/poor props/atmospheres; because they do what a movie actually should. F*&k modern cinema.

What I said about Total Recall, also applies to Robocop. Admittingly enough, Robocop is more "kid-ish" IMO, but still a classic.

D'z Nutz
08-21-2012, 12:38 AM
Jesus Christ. That suit looks so stupid, I'm expecting him to do back flips, somersaults, kicks, and punches now.

al-ti2d
08-21-2012, 01:15 AM
That suit reminds me of the game Gravity Guy for the iPhone & iPad...
http://media.appspy.com/thumbs/images/icons/i405228647_jpg_180x180_q85.jpg

WhippWhapp
08-21-2012, 05:48 AM
Science fiction doesn't have to have shit acting, direction or script- see Blade Runner from the 80's or Children of Men, just off the top of my head.

403Gemini
08-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

What I said about Total Recall, also applies to Robocop. Admittingly enough, Robocop is more "kid-ish" IMO, but still a classic.

Robocop is "kid-ish" ? lol dude it's classic 80's violence at it's best... graphic and gratuitous
A9l9wxGFl4k
pOkZIay0J00
FftEeQmuDWM

This , Terminator 1&2 and Predator 1 were my "childhood movies" (my dad rocked :thumbsup: )

They really don't make movies with this level of violence anymore... most directors would rather sell a PG-13 product and get more sales then make a solid R rated movie

sexualbanana
08-21-2012, 09:46 AM
At least the new ED-209 doesn't look like a microphone.

chibwack
08-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Robocop is "kid-ish" ? lol dude it's classic 80's violence at it's best... graphic and gratuitous

Plus I'm pretty sure the first boobs I ever saw were in robocop. Ahh, nostalgia :thumbsup:

lilmira
08-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Come on Gary Oldman, please be no part of this. Replace him with Nic Cage or something.

BigMass
08-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah Robocop wasn’t kiddish at all. They wanted to give it an “X” rating when it came out due to how violent it was

03ozwhip
08-21-2012, 11:39 AM
looks like a dumbed down version of ironman. i wont go to the theatre and watch it, but ill dl it.

JordanEG6
08-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Oh God no.

What is up with that suit? I'm sick of seeing these remakes. Hollywood is either running out of ideas or they're stuck dwelling in the 90s.

D'z Nutz
08-21-2012, 02:15 PM
check out the trailer :rofl:

Km4f-eRE4Kc

(Of course, the irony with this video is they made a recent remake of it too :rolleyes:)

b_t
08-21-2012, 02:27 PM
huh I don't think the suit looks that bad, but the EDI-209 looks fuckin stupid. its like the designer drawing it had no idea what the hell he was doing and just kept making the design busier and busier until you can hardly tell what you are looking at.. just like the new Transformers

403Gemini
08-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by b_t
huh I don't think the suit looks that bad, but the EDI-209 looks fuckin stupid. its like the designer drawing it had no idea what the hell he was doing and just kept making the design busier and busier until you can hardly tell what you are looking at.. just like the new Transformers

Want to know why the new suit is awful? Because he will be transforming... yes Robocop will transform...

HK2NR
08-21-2012, 03:09 PM
dztELFt8uUU

Viral vid don't know if its real or not
But the few shots of the suit at the end looks quite different

Tik-Tok
08-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Jesus Christ. That suit looks so stupid, I'm expecting him to do back flips, somersaults, kicks, and punches now.

:werd: And I have no doubt he will be doing such things, along with a jetpack on his back flying through the air.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Want to know why the new suit is awful? Because he will be transforming... yes Robocop will transform...

Completely, or more like "Go Go Gadget penis extender!"

chibwack
08-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
I think society need to make a pact for at least 5-10 years that we (as a whole) will NEVER go to a remake of a movie that is less than 50 years old.

Hollywood needs a kick in the nuts.

Guy on another forum made a good point though.... remakes are a safe bet compared to new franchises, and in this environment thats exactly what they're looking for.

Inzane
08-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by chibwack
Plus I'm pretty sure the first boobs I ever saw were in robocop.

That had me puzzled momentarily... :confused: Boobs in Robocop...? The police HQ shower/locker room scene?

If it's not that then I'm forgetting some boobs here... what the hell?! :rofl:

403Gemini
08-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Inzane

That had me puzzled momentarily... :confused: Boobs in Robocop...? The police HQ shower/locker room scene?

If it's not that then I'm forgetting some boobs here... what the hell?! :rofl:

Yep the locker scene had boobs :thumbsup:

Phl0xed
08-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Samuel L Jackson!? Well at least we know there will be plenty of yelling and loud noises. "HAVEN'T YOU EVER SEEN MY MOVIES!?"

I really hope they're not going through with a transforming Robocop... I'm still not over the Teenage "Alien" Ninja Turtles yet, this might be too much to handle!!

403Gemini
08-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Phl0xed
Samuel L Jackson!? Well at least we know there will be plenty of yelling and loud noises. "HAVEN'T YOU EVER SEEN MY MOVIES!?"

I really hope they're not going through with a transforming Robocop... I'm still not over the Teenage "Alien" Ninja Turtles yet, this might be too much to handle!!

Least Ninja Turtles was scrapped

b_t
08-23-2012, 01:34 PM
LOL holy shit I don't remember the original robocop being as violent as those first two clips. version I watched Murphy's arm didn't fall off until the end and they weren't blowing chunks out of the guy in the boardroom

benyl
08-23-2012, 01:58 PM
yeah, that looks like a directors cut or something.

ZEDGE
08-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Robocop - Crysis edition

lol

Xtrema
08-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by benyl
yeah, that looks like a directors cut or something.

Unrated director's cut has extra 5 mins of gore.

Most of it is around how Murphy died.

403Gemini
08-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Strange, I have the copy from the 80's on Beta and has all the gore from the scenes I posted

BigDannyCool
09-06-2013, 06:14 PM
official trailer out. looks like there's two versions of the suit in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeSfnIT_Bw

BigMass
09-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
official trailer out. looks like there's two versions of the suit in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeSfnIT_Bw

http://img.pr0gramm.com/2013/07/cartman-pooping.gif

403Gemini
09-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I'll start with I'm happy they scrapped this suit (mostly): http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3628/ey001.jpg , without the visor it wouldn't be the same (IMO)

I still prefer the 80's suit but maybe that's just nostalgia - I do like that he moves faster than the classic stick-up his ass walk lol. That would have been the only thing I would have wanted in a remake - similar story as the first , similar suit - but faster moving.

As for the story - I feel like the original story of Murphy was tragic. Listed as K.I.A so his family moved on, made him more "human" when he started to have his memories return. I don't like how his family seems to be involved. Also getting gunned down in ULTRA 80's violence was something to watch. A car bomb just doesn't do it justice nor enough torture as getting shot down , hand blown off and a bullet through his head. I'll absolutely check it out because i LOVE Robocop (still watch that movie every few months).

My thoughts anyway!

lilmira
09-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Back then dodging bullets is for pussies, he doesn't have to move fast since he's bad-ass like that.

Raiden like cyborg is a different direction, it may work as long as they don't go too far with the action.

Keeping my expectation low.

Team_Mclaren
09-07-2013, 10:58 AM
WTF this shit is gay, Robocop should be a slow moving badass, not some Halo dude who can jump and shit.

Anyone remember the TV Series? I thought it was fucking awesome :rofl:

Tik-Tok
09-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Directed by José Padilha?

Is he like the Mexican non-union equivalent to Michael Bay?

schocker
09-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
WTF this shit is gay, Robocop should be a slow moving badass, not some Halo dude who can jump and shit.

Anyone remember the TV Series? I thought it was fucking awesome :rofl:
I watched 1 & 2 a couple months ago and they were hilarious. I watch robocop for the awkward movements and conversation. I also liked the giant robots in 2 how they were filmed using stop motion :rofl:

403Gemini
09-07-2013, 04:43 PM
1 is still a pretty classic movie - the plot isn't half bad for an 80's action movie , also the tongue in cheek humor just made it all the better

Xtrema
09-07-2013, 04:50 PM
The initial suit has elements of the original, too bad they painted it black probably for cheaper CGI cost.

It's alright but the PG-13 rating really shows:

- Instead of being brutally killed slowly by Red Foreman and the gang, Murphy get killed by a car bomb? lame.

- Original Robocop team make sure he lose his humanity and Murphy had to fight back to regain it. They even cut off his good arm to make that point. Now not only he kept the arm and he is self aware when he woke up. WTF?

- The recall of old family which has abandoned him is part of reboot/relearn process for Murphy to regain humanity. Here, wife made the decision to make him Robocop. Not the same impact.

This movie seems to be a mixed bag of origin story and some of the plots from Robocop 2. But the PG-13 rating sealed its fate. Much like the idiotic Robocop 3.

Inzane
09-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
But the PG-13 rating sealed its fate.

Yup.

The R rating and Paul Verhoeven are a big part of what made the original movie what it was.

Inzane
03-03-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm surpised no one is talking about this movie. I'm assuming many have seen it by now. I just saw it last night and was pleasantly surprised. A recent hollywood remake that did NOT suck.

Of course it's not a Paul Verhoeven movie, but it was a different enough take on the concept that I think it deserves to be judged on its own merits.

Definitely entertaining and had some clever bits. What it lacks obviously is the over the top violence, satire and humor of the original.

Gary Oldman and Micheal Keaton were both excellent. Samuel L Jackson was ok. The new guy in the lead role was unfamiliar to me and not as memorable as Peter Weller, but he did ok.

At the end I was satisfied enough that I do hope they produce a sequel, using this movie's setup (cast, tech, etc.).

HHURICANE1
03-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Was pleasantly surprised. It didn't suck like most remakes do.

sputnik
03-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
Was pleasantly surprised. It didn't suck like most remakes do.

I take it you never saw the original.

HHURICANE1
03-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Matter of fact I saw it in the theater when it first came out and still say the second one is better. Nothing wrong with the first one but prefer the new more.

funkedelic2
03-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Thought it was dece. Got dragged to go see it and I enjoyed it. Loved SLJ in it lol

rx7boi
03-07-2014, 09:32 AM
When they took him apart for the first time, I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You had to remove EVERYTHING? :cry: