PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen Freedriving Tour 2012

got_mike33
08-21-2012, 01:23 PM
I searched the threads and couldn't find another one, so I hope this isn't a repost.

This looks sweet though, http://vwexperience.ca/tour/

Drive your favourite Volkswagen around a specially designed course with a professional precision driver at your side. At the 2012 Freedriving Tour, enjoy one of the most adrenalin-filled driving experiences of your life as you push your skills, your heart rate and your favourite Volkswagen further than you ever thought possible.

Has anyone had any experience with this at all? I registered for Sunday and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of fine print.

nickyh
08-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I went to it last year at COP and the parking lot they used was way too small to actually have much fun.

Still, it was a great event to attend and it had me thinking more of the line up than I expected. The Tiguan really surprised me in how well it handled and braked.

I had my GTI on order when I went so it was a great way to get my fix until mine arrived.
Basically drove the course, hopped out and waiting in line for the next car even though I only registered for the GTI, drove the whole line they were testing by the time I left.

strawberrydouch
08-21-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm registered for a rip in a GTI on the 24th, If they configure it anything like the revwerks trackdays it should be a great time!

strawberrydouch
08-21-2012, 05:50 PM
I agree though, I kind of just put my name and some basic contact info in, checked off I agree to the terms and conditions and I was registered haha. Seemed like it was almost too easy... There will likely be more paperwork on the day of the event though.