PDA

View Full Version : need good pow board

canadian booster
08-21-2012, 03:22 PM
i really need to pick up a new board, and this might be the season finally, i usually ride a 157 Libtech in all conditions but every year my speed and control are both affected because it's a park board

sure it's easy to flip around and dodge and pull little jumps all over, but it sucks when i just want to cruise and is even worse in powder

any thoughts on a stiffer board, maybe a 165 ? I'd like to stay with Libtech if possible but i'm open to suggestions, Burton, Option, etc..

bituerbo
08-21-2012, 03:30 PM
I've heard rocker rocks in powder. And by heard I mean read, in lots of online reviews. Gives a 'surf' or 'planing' feeling.

I ride an 8 year old ~170(?) Elan Endless (free ride) which gives me good lift in powder. Sucks for jumps and spins, but I can glide over the silkiest of champagne and not sink, even when it's quite flat. Traversing 'soft spots' (as I call them) with less effort means a more enjoyable day on the mountain.

As this is going to be a powder-specific board, keep the weight down, as you may end up with snowshoes on your feet and your board on your back as you start searching for 'the perfect line'.

canadian booster
08-21-2012, 03:38 PM
that's exactly what i'm talking about, i borrowed my friends board once, and although it was a lot larger (175) and a hell of a lot more effort to turn it was stable and didn't sink or flex weird

i'll check out rocker online, gotta have a shop to browse somewhere