PDA

View Full Version : Shop recommendation for general mechanical work?

nonofyobiz
08-22-2012, 05:46 AM
I did a quick search and there wasn't much response to these kinds of threads but how knows. Looking for a shop in the south to bring my car to for general maintenance and repairs. Tired of getting raped by the dealership.

So, anyone have a shop the like and trust here in the south?

Crystalrw
08-22-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm a fan of Rite Price just off Blackfoot Trail, next to the Holy Smoke BBQ Pit.

Eugene there is awesome.. it's the only mechanic I've gone to repeatedly. Always tells me what's up and I've find the pricing to be really good.

I go in there a few times a year for oil change/check-up/inspection, and any time I bring up concerns he finds out the problem and is very honest about what is required to fix it. More often than not it is a non-issue that requires no work. Unlike other mechanics where I go in to get my tires changed over and they give me a list of things they recommend I do that costs $1500. Never been messed around with like that at Rite Price.

Plus the BBQ place is spectacular so it's nice to go there if I'm getting something quick done :)

gretz
08-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Garage Box, 4039842808, you won't go to another shop

FraserB
08-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Depends on what vehicle you need worked on.

If it is a truck, Broken Axle in the NE hands down.

btimbit
08-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

+1 for Broken Axle. Pain for people in the south though, and he did specify south, so I'll add Geoff at Minute Muffler Shawnee. Most honest mechanic I've ever met

Avoid the Avenida Auto Center. They do decent work but they WILL try and swindle you for more

962 kid
08-22-2012, 04:37 PM
+1 for eugene

speedog
08-22-2012, 05:04 PM
PM sent

bourge73
08-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Ravi/Gary at Minute Muffler on 32nd my go to shop. Great peoples :thumbsup: (not south but I drive for good work/prices)

shizzay
08-22-2012, 06:34 PM
well for anyone looking for a good shop in the nw... i've always had good experiences at hawkwood auto...

nonofyobiz
08-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Crystalrw
I'm a fan of Rite Price just off Blackfoot Trail, next to the Holy Smoke BBQ Pit.

Eugene there is awesome.. it's the only mechanic I've gone to repeatedly. Always tells me what's up and I've find the pricing to be really good.

I go in there a few times a year for oil change/check-up/inspection, and any time I bring up concerns he finds out the problem and is very honest about what is required to fix it. More often than not it is a non-issue that requires no work. Unlike other mechanics where I go in to get my tires changed over and they give me a list of things they recommend I do that costs $1500. Never been messed around with like that at Rite Price.

Plus the BBQ place is spectacular so it's nice to go there if I'm getting something quick done :)

I love holy smoke!

ya I brought the car to Mitsu for a timing belt ...quoted under 500...bill was 750, plus apparently I need a new Rad, new inner tie tod ends, new tires....i'm sure there was more. lol
The total estimate was like another $1900.
I really can't afford to keep this old POS on the road.:nut:

cr0n1c
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
ADAIR Auto (seumass) would be a shop that I can recommend. Very honest and takes pride on what they do. They are located near the pick & pull on glenmore & barlow.

Graham_A_M
08-23-2012, 04:08 PM
I go down to Sheni at Auto Align. Their right off Banister road in Midnapore. He does wicked work, and for a great price. Not the place to go if you need advanced very specific work to be done (lets say a ECU tuning & remapping as well as turbo tuning on an Audi), but for somewhat technical work, he's great. Dead honest and its really not expensive at all.
:thumbsup:

Originally posted by FraserB

Yeah Dave and his crew are great, but what KILLS it for me is that his wife & kids are there, which can be a LOT to handle most of the time. Its like waiting in a daycare with very bratty kids until your truck is done. :nut:
Longest 1hour I've waited in a very long time. :facepalm:

That being said I wont go back, its just too much being surrounded by screaming kids. Unfortunately being in Airways industrial park there is no where else you can go for a coffee or whatever until its done.

g-m
08-23-2012, 07:06 PM
knibbe automotive on center st and 15th ave NW. Outstanding

WhippWhapp
08-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
Ravi/Gary at Minute Muffler on 32nd my go to shop. Great peoples :thumbsup: (not south but I drive for good work/prices)

Where we take the SRX now, thumbs up!