PDA

View Full Version : Fast And Furious 6 - In Production **in theatres May 24th**

Pages : [1] 2

Mar
08-22-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fast-Furious-6-Officially-Begins-Production-32212.html

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/32212/Fast_Six_32212.jpg
Fast and the Furious fans knew a sixth installment was coming ever since Dwayne Johnson and Eva Mendes were seen discussing their next target – a thought-dead fugitive played by Michelle Rodriguez – in the mid-credits tease at the end of Fast Five. Of course, if Fast Five had tanked at the box office, delivering that promised sequel might have become more of a challenge. But it didn’t, and so production officially is moving forward on the as-yet-untitled Fast Six (they have to come up with something snappier than that).

Director Justin Lin confirmed the news on his Twitter feed, stating, “It's 2am & just got up for the 1st day of FF6. Always love the calm & silence of the night b4 going on set. Let's go shoot a f@#kin' movie!” You have to love a filmmaker’s enthusiasm. We can only pray that boundless energy makes its way to the big screen and into the finished product.

With the Fast films, it usually does. The addition of The Rock to the series gave the movie an unexpected jolt. Johnson and franchise “founding father” Vin Diesel played off each other beautifully (and brutally). And re-introducing Rodriguez (who many thought died in an earlier installment) plays to the fans while also giving Six another spark.

Here’s what we know about the sequel as it prepares to film around London. Virtually everyone’s back in the mix, from Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster to Luke Evans and Tyrese Gibson. Haywire star Gina Carano is listed on the film’s IMDB page, though so is Rihanna (even though that’s only a rumor at this point). Universal wants the movie in theaters on May 24, 2013 so Lin and his cast better put the pedal to the metal … something they are accustomed to doing.

UwZcweYqDT4

1Yvnl0iL8qg

holden
08-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Forget the original cast, they need to do a Tokyo Drift: Part 2.

SeanDon
08-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah dude. Bow wow was sick!

Xtrema
08-22-2012, 10:47 AM
So that's why Jordana Brewster's FB is littered with London pictures.

5 wasn't bad. Heist plots fits the franchise better than I thought.

BerserkerCatSplat
08-22-2012, 10:51 AM
5 was lots of fun to watch, I'll definitely catch 6.

dandia89
08-22-2012, 11:09 AM
tokyo drift was far the best. they killed off the coolest character though :(

Hallowed_point
08-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Am I the only one who hates tokyo drift? I thought it was terrible! :thumbsdow

Fast Five was wicked, can't hide my excitement for FF6 :D :burnout:

* Any interest for a Beyond meet for FF6 opening night?? :D

Swank
08-22-2012, 11:23 AM
^I dunno about hate but I thought it was by far the worst one. I will def check out 6!

KRyn
08-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

For FF5 I organized an opening night event. About 20 guys met up opening night had dinner and cruised to the Balzac mall to catch the movie after. The new reserved seating at movie theaters makes stuff like this easy. We have been planning something similar for FF6.

taemo
08-22-2012, 11:45 AM

i like them all, 2 is my fav and 5th and 3rd after.
Never really got into the 4th one

Canmorite
08-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by holden
Forget the original cast, they need to do a Tokyo Drift: Part 2.

Originally posted by dandia89
Didn't even bother seeing Tokyo Drift, the theme song made me want to rip my ears off :nut:

I hope they still include a lot of racing. More 'heist' direction is meh, it's been done before many times. Showcase some cool cars and lots of action!

BMW Power
08-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Tokyo drift was terrible, really cheesy acting.

Fast 5 was pretty good, looking forward to the 6th one.

95EG6P
08-22-2012, 12:50 PM
love all the F and F :clap: can not wait to see the 6th one :burnout:

flipstah
08-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

Didn't even bother seeing Tokyo Drift, the theme song made me want to rip my ears off :nut:

I hope they still include a lot of racing. More 'heist' direction is meh, it's been done before many times. Showcase some cool cars and lots of action!

I wonder if you know... How we live in Toh-key-yo...

dj_patm
08-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Tokyo drift and the original are the only ones that really focused on the Cars and racing. Didn't Tanner Foust do the stunt driving in 3? The guy can really throw a car around and make it look sick.

The first was by far the best in my opinion.

2 was terrible. CGI racing? :barf:

Originally posted by dandia89

Han? He was in the 5th one.

I like that actor

Mar
08-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm
Tokyo drift and the original are the only ones that really focused on the Cars and racing. Didn't Tanner Foust do the stunt driving in 3? The guy can really throw a car around and make it look sick.
Not sure if that's his name but he's the actual drift king guy. He actually did all the drifting in that movie, the only computer generated effect was where the car skims the parkade wall in slow motion. The director was talking about filming scenes and how they'd have to do the drift up the parkade ramp with computers until the guy said he could do it for real. They gave him one chance and he did it on the first take, what you see in the movie is how it happened for real.

I've watched all the movies with the director commentary on, lots of cool information.
- In the first one where they're racing in the desert and Dom is being held back from fighting Tran, he draws his arm back to punch Tran and catches the actor's nose, breaking it with his elbow.
- In the second one where they're racing down the street by the semi trailers and the Corvette crashes into the Mustang wreck, that was an accident. He was supposed to drive around it.

I like that actor
Chronologically the movies occurred in this order: 1 - 2 - 4 - 5 - 3. Tokyo Drift is the last in the timeline.

HyperZell
08-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

I wonder if you know... How we live in Toh-key-yo...

You see him come and go from the black benz SLR...I wonder where he get that kinda money...don't worry about it!

95teetee
08-22-2012, 04:59 PM

I like that actor yes, but I think 5 was a prequel to Tokyo Drift.

btw, Tokyo Drift is my favorite of the F&F movies.

...then again, it's also the only one I've seen.

brucebanner
08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Fantastic, always look forward to this series.:clap:

dj_patm
08-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah I know the timeline, I'm just saying Han will be back for 6. He's listed on the IMDB page.

I think they're just going to pretend like tokyo drift never happened for the rest of the movies and thats why it's conveniently placed last in the timeline

holden
08-22-2012, 07:38 PM

i agree Tokyo Drift was no masterpiece, but in terms of plot, acting, etc. they've all kind of sucked... since i'm a fan of all things japanese and i'm asian, Tokyo Drift was most entertaining for me... hopefully in Tokyo Drift part 2 the main character will be asian... Asians FTW!!!

K3RMiTdot
08-22-2012, 07:44 PM
wooo cait wait. less than a yr to go already haha

Xtrema
08-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Yeah I know the timeline, I'm just saying Han will be back for 6. He's listed on the IMDB page.

I think they're just going to pretend like tokyo drift never happened for the rest of the movies and thats why it's conveniently placed last in the timeline

If they want to keep going with the same cast, it's probably better to leave TD out.

black13
08-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Can't wait.

And to me Tokyo Drift was still the best and most fun. Followed by Fast Five.

I'm guessing they will tie this one up with Tokyo Drift probably since this is the 3 prequel to that movie and its about time.

xnvy
08-22-2012, 08:51 PM

I wonder if you know... How we live in Toh-key-yo... I wanna If yu no

Haodey lif in tokoyo

If u cee me and u meenee then u kno u hafto go

Fast and furiohh

sexualbanana
08-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I've watched all the movies with the director commentary on, lots of cool information.
- In the first one where they're racing in the desert and Dom is being held back from fighting Tran, he draws his arm back to punch Tran and catches the actor's nose, breaking it with his elbow.

He broke the security guy's nose.

Inzane
08-22-2012, 10:38 PM
I think they're just going to pretend like tokyo drift never happened

Let's hope so. I agree with those that said Tokyo Drift was the worst in the series.

know1edge
08-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Mar

Not sure if that's his name but he's the actual drift king guy. He actually did all the drifting in that movie, the only computer generated effect was where the car skims the parkade wall in slow motion.

How did Keiichi pull off doing all the drifting in the movie, in the tandem drift scenes?

The ones that said tokyo drift was the worst I can only assume have extremely low interest in imports and drifting, because 2F2F was just terrible :barf:

max_boost
08-23-2012, 12:32 AM
:thumbsup: :clap: :burnout:

dj_patm
08-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

If they want to keep going with the same cast, it's probably better to leave TD out.

The best part is the HUGE flaw with their timelines.

Cars that weren't out yet in the days of Tokyo Drift are featured in the new movies... Well unless you tell yourself that EVERYONE drove 8+ year old cars back then.

beecue
08-23-2012, 08:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lJSsIl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fcFKMl.jpg

I've enjoyed all of them including the 2nd. The new trilogy will be the best though.

James Martin
09-04-2012, 01:36 PM

Disoblige
09-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by James Martin
Can someone please ban this spammer and delete all his useless posts?

http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=10656323

Mibz
09-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Well unless you tell yourself that EVERYONE drove 8+ year old cars back then. Man, these tires ain't cheap! Gotta save money somehow.

JAYMEZ
09-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Awesome , cant wait :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
09-04-2012, 03:53 PM
The 2nd f&f was by far the worst.

HyperZell
09-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
The 2nd f&f was by far the worst.

He did the stare and drive on you, didn't he?

flipstah
09-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell

He did the stare and drive on you, didn't he?

He got that from me.

K3RMiTdot
09-04-2012, 03:57 PM
man the rock is so jacked now compared to his WWF/E days

sl888
09-04-2012, 05:09 PM
More Elsa Pataky please!

dandia89
09-04-2012, 06:52 PM

nice, i didn't even know that. it'd actually make a ton of sense to keep it out since they haven't really resolved the letty sitch

Cos
12-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Shlade
12-06-2012, 06:45 PM
hes not.

Fan made trailers are gay

Toma
12-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Love them all.

First one was best.

xnvy
12-09-2012, 02:43 PM
^First one has the best quotes but 5 was the best. First genuinely good movie in the series IMO, really liked the dynamic between Toretto and Johnson's character as well as the heist scene for some reason. Always found it funny that they switch cars from a GT3 RS to an STI though when they try and beat the cameras.

Hallowed_point
12-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
^First one has the best quotes but 5 was the best. First genuinely good movie in the series IMO, really liked the dynamic between Toretto and Johnson's character.heist scene for some reason. Always found it funny that they switch cars from a GT3 RS to an STI though when they try and beat the cameras.

:thumbsup: agreed! 5 was just non stop action, the intro was fire :burnout:

GQBalla
12-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Didnt like the fan made trailer....

Can't wait for this one I love the fast and furious series.

ArjayAquino
12-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Spotted at Dom's house...
http://www.motorworldhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/superstreet_fastandfurious6.jpg

LINKY (http://www.motorworldhype.com/2012-12-04/movie-hype-leaked-pic-from-fast-and-the-furious-6-set-shows-bensopra-gt-r-possible-plot-detail-andy/)

sexualbanana
01-31-2013, 06:24 PM
Here's the first official synopsis from the studio:

Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson lead the returning cast of all-stars as the global blockbuster franchise built on speed races to its next continent in Fast & Furious 6. Reuniting for their most high-stakes adventure yet, fan favorites Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges and Elsa Pataky are joined by badass series newcomers Luke Evans and Gina Carano.

Since Dom (Diesel) and Brian’s (Walker) Rio heist toppled a kingpin’s empire and left their crew with $100 million, our heroes have scattered across the globe. But their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.

Meanwhile, Hobbs (Johnson) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London. Payment? Full pardons for all of them so they can return home and make their families whole again.

Link (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/01/fast-and-furious-6-plot-synopsis-revealed)

know1edge
02-01-2013, 02:01 AM
Lethal mercenary drivers eh

403Gemini
02-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Campy, but actually sounds fun.

The F&F movies are fantastic, it's sort of like beyond... how we all started with civics/integras and moved into fancier cars as we grew up, like the series did.

I think I only own up to 3... I really should buy 4 & 5 just to complete the collection. My list from best to worst is:

1st - so much nostalgia, I graduated high school the year this came out so I have so many fond memories around this time period... and it has the best lines out of all of them :rofl:
5th - Probably the best 'movie' as a whole. And Dwayne Johnson is awesome, I support (almost) anything he's done (maybe not the toothfairy... :rofl:)
2nd - Yeah, that's right, I liked it more than tokyo drift... it was campy, stupid, but fun.
3rd - I think losing the main characters made it feel too much like the "odd one out" , and really didn't have much to do with cars but rather felt like the remake of Karate Kid (you know, the one with Will Smith's kid...) but with cars instead of martial arts. Decent enough, but I have troubles sitting through it since I tend to get bored.
4th - I dunno... I only watched this on my laptop when I was in Edmonton over a weekend at a course... really didn't grab my attention, nothing memorable about this movie at all.

toyboy88
02-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Synopsis sounds awesome.

First trailer reveal is during the Superbowl this weekend!!

toyboy88
02-03-2013, 06:21 PM
ozG6KQftTmc

First official trailer up...looks awesome! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozG6KQftTmc

eglove
02-03-2013, 06:27 PM
yesssssssssssssssss can't wait!

black13
02-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Damn that looks good!

Woah an FXX? They are upping the cars each movie along with some...other things
http://oi50.tinypic.com/ven4fb.jpg

black13
02-03-2013, 06:34 PM
DP

ZorroAMG
02-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Was out in Venice and was partying with Michelle Rodriguez last night :)

HyperZell
02-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

You know what they say...pics or...

urrforce
02-04-2013, 12:20 AM
official first trailer looks so good these flicks are always cheesy but still so entertaining lol

ZorroAMG
02-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell

You know what they say...pics or...

If you're a facebook friend, I'd send it to ya...otherwise...you know what they say about pics on the internet...

GTS4tw
02-04-2013, 08:20 AM

The only "actress" that can make you notice bad acting in a movie full of bad actors.

KRyn
02-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

The only "actress" that can make you notice bad acting in a movie full of bad actors.

:rofl:

She is terrible.

403Gemini
02-04-2013, 10:00 AM
She's the only woman in hollywood that holds a gun like a man. She has my respect lol

ZorroAMG
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Well, she's got a career in something she loves at least. She's gotta be somewhat successful since you all know HER. PS She's quite intelligent and super friendly!

flipstah
02-04-2013, 12:03 PM

How life is hard for you. :(

MGCM
02-04-2013, 07:13 PM
"ummmm Dom? They got a tank"

lulz

max_boost
02-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Solid entertainment. Look forward to the ridiculousness of it. :D

MGCM
02-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Solid entertainment. Look forward to the ridiculousness of it. :D

lol hard to beat them taking down a plane with their cars.......then Dom comes flying/smashing out the nosecone after it crashes

bituerbo
02-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by black13
Damn that looks good!

Woah an FXX? They are upping the cars each movie along with some...other things
http://oi50.tinypic.com/ven4fb.jpg

Nope, just an Enzo. And just a kit car. Or even a set prop?

Real-Deal:
http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/coupe/8553210+w799+h499+cr1+ar0/112_0410_A_Twist_Of_Le_Mans_Ferrari_Enzo_The_Porsche_Carrera_GT_And_The_Ford_GT_09z%2BFerrari_Enzo%2BFront_Drivers_Side_View.jpg

JAYMEZ
02-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Vin just put up another trailor .

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4205188897260&set=vb.89562268312&type=2&theater

Quiet10
02-05-2013, 09:35 AM
I cannot wait to see this movie! :eek:

LadyLuck
02-05-2013, 11:07 AM
full extended trailer :clap:

p1QgNF6J1h0

MGCM
02-05-2013, 11:38 AM
extended trailer is ftw

hurrdurr
02-05-2013, 11:48 AM
wow that looks insane haha. I can't wipe this stupid grin off my face

Anton
02-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Dave P
02-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Looks unreal. I think a F&F marathon is going to be in order

Inzane
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
So... in the first movie they are outright mocking Ferrari, and now they're endorsing them? :dunno:

Mibz
02-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I -think- you might be taking this too seriously.

treg50
02-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Haha more of the same over the top action, looks awesome.

But I really hope gina carano gets killed off fast, her face kind of ruins this movie already for me, the fuck were they thinking. Everyone and everything else looks great, can not stand watching her try to act, her fighting ability can't save her dead pan face.

D'z Nutz
02-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Remember when this came out around FNF2? It doesn't seem so over the top now haha

ACSpl2kXMPY

lilmira
02-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Vehicular wut? More like ridicular warfare lol.

Keep it simple with lots of action. It worked in the 80s/90s.

MGCM
02-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by treg50
Haha more of the same over the top action, looks awesome.

But I really hope gina carano gets killed off fast, her face kind of ruins this movie already for me, the fuck were they thinking. Everyone and everything else looks great, can not stand watching her try to act, her fighting ability can't save her dead pan face.

well of course she dies, sadly it appears they drag out her ultimate demise.........its simple, tank, splat, but instead they shot a bridge...........shoot a bridge with a tank < shoot gina carano with a tank........where did they go wrong on that equation :confused:

sexualbanana
02-06-2013, 01:28 AM

Don't you be talking shit about my future ex-wife!

treg50
02-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Don't you be talking shit about my future ex-wife!
When she was on American Gladiators I was saying the same thing.
:D

sexualbanana
04-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Fast 7 has a new director....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1490123/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

beecue
04-28-2013, 09:23 PM
C_puVuHoR6o

Final trailer. It's going to be a nice month at the theatres starting thursday. :D

firebane
04-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Probably one of my most favorite movie franchises yet. Like how The Prodigy has a song in it and this movie looks good with some crazy ass stunts like the last.

Mibz
04-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by beecue
Final trailer. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ldvkJE281r4e39ro1_1280.jpg

flipstah
04-29-2013, 09:38 AM
May 24th? Isn't that a Beyond meet Wednesday? :devil:

Canmorite
04-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Stoked for this :thumbsup: Remember the first installment like it was yesterday...

urrforce
04-29-2013, 12:07 PM
may is gonna be such a great movie month as said above

DJ Lazy
04-29-2013, 12:12 PM
May 24th? Isn't that a Beyond meet Wednesday? :devil:

24th is a Friday..

flipstah
04-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

24th is a Friday..

Major fail.

http://images.wikia.com/smuff/images/f/f3/Derp.gif

max_boost
04-29-2013, 03:19 PM
LOL. So ridiculous I love it haha

Cos
04-29-2013, 04:08 PM

Hallowed_point
04-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Meet @ chinook for opening night?? Pumped for this, even though they have turned into more action then car movies.

CompletelyNumb
04-29-2013, 08:47 PM

When she was on American Gladiators I was saying the same thing.
:D

http://www.cagedinsider.com/wp-content/images/mma/2013/02/Gina-Carano-2.jpg

would hit

Movie looks awesome.

Maybelater
04-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Remember when this came out around FNF2? It doesn't seem so over the top now haha

ACSpl2kXMPY

:rofl: :rofl:

Canmorite
05-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Meet @ chinook for opening night?? Pumped for this, even though they have turned into more action then car movies.

There was one last movie, I'm in :thumbsup:

Hallowed_point
05-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite

There was one last movie, I'm in :thumbsup:

Awesome..let's get some more beyonders in on this..maybe I'll bump some 2 fast 2 furious ..ACT A FOOL!!!! :rofl: