PDA

View Full Version : Bering Watches

HNF88
08-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Hello Beyonders!

There has been rumors of my store potentially carrying Bering Watches. Similar designs to Skagen Watches, but 200% better quality. The usual stainless,titanium or ceramics cases and straps, however all of the watches come with a sapphire crystal.

Now, if non of you have heard. Skagen Designs was acquired by Fossil Group, which would possibly mean the demise of their quality build. I used to be a fan of their watches, but if they have fossil reputability, I think otherwise.

Other then that, whats is your opinion on Bering Watches?

flipstah
08-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Their designs look like Movado's, Rado's, and Skagen's. I swear one of the designs is pulled directly from a Skagen face.

If they can offer cermaics for <$250, that's good.

ga16i
08-22-2012, 01:39 PM
My opinion of Bering is neutral at best. Never heard of them until now. But that's fine, I'm open to new brands I've not heard of. I picked up a Nixon 3 years back before hearing about them.

As for the watches, I can't see me picking one up. Like flipstah mentioned, some of them do sorta look like a Movado inspired design. Plain, simple, glossy and flat with minimal decoration mostly. But that's not my thing, seems too thin and non-manly. Especially the ones with the mesh bracelet. They do mention "unusually slim" for both their ceramic and classic collections. Seeing the page for the Bering story about some guy jumping out of a helicopter in the Arctic and talk of adventure, I was expecting something more rugged and tough looking.

XylathaneGTR
08-22-2012, 05:40 PM
http://beringtime.de/media/catalog/product/cache/8/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/2/32039-447_1.jpg
http://www.ticwatches.co.uk/images/products/zoom/1307459926-45701600.jpg
If I saw their product in a display case, I'd assume someone was knockin' off Skagen's. They really don't appear to be doing anything different than their competition [the exception being saphire and ceramic under $250...haven't seen that before. Where are they cutting corners to get that price point?]
Verdict? Would not buy.