PDA

View Full Version : Stony and Nosehill detour

phreezee
08-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Specifically coming from Tuscany Home Depot going into Bowness. Anyone ride this yet? What are the construction, traffic and surface conditions like?

jwslam
08-22-2012, 04:35 PM
I drove it on sunday.
IIRC it's a two lane newly paved road. Shoulders were wide enough for half a car.

phreezee
08-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks!

Where is the turn off now? By the lights at Home Depot? That's the only way they could manage the west bound traffic I guessing.

eglove
08-23-2012, 08:54 PM
What a gong show...totally missed this the other day cause the big sign wasn't on...lol and that traffic circle...so useless. At least it's all nicely paved

what exactly is going to happen there? Is it just going to be a big sweeping overpass?

bigboom
08-24-2012, 11:13 AM
when you come down the tuscany hill take the traffic circle to the right...it brings you down to the lower road. there is a shoulder and it is in decent shape. i take that way home when i do my cochrane loop...i actually prefer it to crossing stoney because i dont have to wait for that light to cross.

phreezee
08-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I checked it out today, and there's no shoulder on the 2km stretch of Bearspaw Dam Rd. With the 2 way traffic in rush hours, and the construction zone, I don't think I'll be biking it.