PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Motor Co President hit people with his Porsche. LOL

CalgaryB5
02-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Japan Today (http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=1&id=287791)

The ironic part is the Porsche he was driving. Could it be he thinks domestic(JDM) sucks?

:drama:

Redlyne_mr2
02-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Oh thanks for the link definitely a topic for discussion in my automotive economics class.

Zephyr
02-09-2004, 12:33 AM
couldn't he just order people to build a nissan just for him.. something to match a porsche...i guess even other companies enjoy other cars...

FiveFreshFish
02-09-2004, 12:44 AM
As long as he owns or drives ONE Nissan, there's no need for all his cars to be Nissan. He could have owned the Porsche before he was head of Nissan.

Similarly, I doubt the CEO of McDick's eats there exclusively.

LudeRoca
02-09-2004, 12:50 AM
k prolly the nicest nissan out there for a sports car is the G35 Coupe, or the 350 z but they are pretty much the same thing except for a few difference. oh yea and the skyline. If i was him i would be riding in a ferrari or a porcshe as well. I would own a lot of nissans but i wouldnt lose respect for him just cause he has other cars in his garage.

Zephyr
02-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Now I wonder if it would be weird if Bill Gates used a Mac...

KoukiS14
02-09-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
Now I wonder if it would be weird if Bill Gates used a Mac...

He probably does.

Isn't the Mac better anyway?

Ben
02-09-2004, 01:24 AM
Meh, when I was a Ski Tech, I was wearing the Hoodie of a rival company all the time, hahahaha

Redlyne_mr2
02-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Meh, when I was a Ski Tech, I was wearing the Hoodie of a rival company all the time, hahahaha
Great comparison

:thumbsdow

5.9 R/T
02-09-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Great comparison

lol boo urns.

1badPT
02-09-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
k prolly the nicest nissan out there for a sports car is the G35 Coupe, or the 350 z but they are pretty much the same thing except for a few difference. oh yea and the skyline. If i was him i would be riding in a ferrari or a porcshe as well. I would own a lot of nissans but i wouldnt lose respect for him just cause he has other cars in his garage.

G35 is great.

350Z is perfection. That is the difference :tongue:

Ben
02-09-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Great comparison

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

lol boo urns.

He's just pissed hes way over in Barrie where skiing absolutly sucks compared to Calgary.

hjr
02-09-2004, 10:13 AM
damn, you guys are saying that if you were the CEO of a FUCKING INTERNATIONAL COMPANY, you would drive a 350Z??? that sounds like BS to me. Porsche all the way. This dude knows where its at and the 350 isnt it. Its a great car, but its not a GT2 or whatever he was driving. Excuse me for thinking this is an absolutely NOTHING issue.

Redlyne_mr2
02-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Ben

He's just pissed hes way over in Barrie where skiing absolutly sucks compared to Calgary.
Haha thats actually....true, nice call bud

rc2002
02-09-2004, 10:38 AM
It's not fair to expect the CEO to drive cars that his company produces. Imagine KIA's or Hyundai's CEO being forced to drive those cars!

1badPT
02-09-2004, 10:54 AM
But he has access to nismo - i mean the real nismo, not the watered down pissy version of nismo they have over here. Plus as someone mentioned before, you'd think he'd be able to get a custom build of one of the cars. I dunno. I guess if I were CEO, I'd believe in my company's product so strongly that I wouldn't be able to drive another company's car.

SinisterProbeGt
02-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Could have been worse
Nessie
He could have been driving a Porsche, hit a Nissan, and injured the people in the Nissan while remaining unhurt in the Porsche

ZorroAMG
02-09-2004, 11:46 AM
So what if he can drive nismo or G35's or 350Z's or skylines? They are still Nissan and compared to Porsche or Ferrari.....well um ...they just don't.

He probably has like 20 cars, who gives a fuck what he drives? There are always reasons for bitching and always people to bitch. Let it go Tokyo. (haha that rhymes :nut: )

VWhooligan
02-09-2004, 02:16 PM
I don't think this is an issue at all, its not like Porsche has the same consumers than Nissan does. Now if he was driving a Honda instead of a Nissan it'd be a big deal, but Porsche and Nissan have totally different target audiences.

cappachihngo
02-09-2004, 10:51 PM
hmm ya he probably has like a billion cars inhis garage.. maybe he just wanted to go a bit faster dat day??? who knows...:dunno:

Idratherbsidewayz
02-09-2004, 10:59 PM
He is a President of a huge company. As someone stated before i think it looks good if he owns a Nissan and he prolly does, and its prolly really nice. But the names: Porsche, Lamborghini, or Ferrari are all ones that give the impression of wealth and power. Heres an example: If you have a daily driver Honda Civic DX that wins shows, runs low 10's, and owns on track days, thats pretty fucking awesome. But, its still a Honda Civic. As a president of a big company, with you're reputation between friends and in the world at stake, would you rather be driving that Civic, or a nice Porsche GT2..?

403Gemini
02-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by VWhooligan
I don't think this is an issue at all, its not like Porsche has the same consumers than Nissan does. Now if he was driving a Honda instead of a Nissan it'd be a big deal, but Porsche and Nissan have totally different target audiences.

exactally, i couldnt have put it better

1badPT
02-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
As a president of a big company, with you're reputation between friends and in the world at stake, would you rather be driving that Civic, or a nice Porsche GT2..?
If it was a civic, then he could drive an acura. This is the Nissan CEO - he can drive an Infinity.

Idratherbsidewayz
02-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Infinity or Porsche, not a very hard decision...

1badPT
02-09-2004, 11:22 PM
For you or me, but this is the CEO of Nissan.

JordanLotoski
02-09-2004, 11:35 PM
wonder if the CEO for kia drives a KIA.......hmmmm.....yeah iam sure he does

JordanLotoski
02-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Infinity or Porsche, not a very hard decision...

yeah id take the porsche over a set of speakers anyday:thumbsup:

1badPT
02-09-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
wonder if the CEO for kia drives a KIA.......hmmmm.....yeah iam sure he does

Actually he might :tongue: