PDA

View Full Version : Japanese import customs broker.

calgarys_finest
08-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Has anyone on here gone through the process of importing a car from japan on their own? If you have did you use a customs broker? Was it simple? Also did you ship it to calgary and got any tips for that?

I want a car that not many people have here and am going to try and source it myself.

J.M.
08-25-2012, 06:54 PM
What kind of car?

calgarys_finest
08-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Its an FTO

J.M.
08-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Have you looked into JDM Connection before? I think if you locate the car yourself they can bring it over for you using their services.

azian_advanced
08-26-2012, 09:38 AM
I imported my gt-four myself 3 months ago using this how-to (http://forums.jdmvip.com/jdmvips_updated_guide_for_RORO_customs_clearance_amp_WWL_Import_Discussion_Canada_Importing_JDM_Cars_From_Japan-698-t).

it was my first time importing and it was a good experience overall. i cleared customs myself but you can pay about $250 to get a broker to do it for you. i didn't run into any major issues but i Idid spendmany many hours planning and researching info making sure i did everything correctly and didn't get into any unexpected expenses.

i was lucky to pick up my car the same day i arrived so i spent a good day practicing how to drive RHD before i drove it back to winnipeg.