PDA

View Full Version : Roxette in Calgary

BMW Power
08-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Hey guys and girls, as some of you may know, Roxette are going to be performing in Calgary on the 9th of September. A friend of mine is a huge fan and I know that she would be thrilled to get an autograph.

Does anyone know if the band are going to have an autograph signing session or on the other hand, know what hotel they will be staying at?

TIA :)

Seth1968
08-29-2012, 11:13 AM
I have no idea, but "your friend" lol, has got some damn good taste in music. That band is very underrated.

Deborah Harry, Alecia Moore, Marie Fredrickson, Patricia Andrzewski. :thumbsup:

...one of those kids is doing they're own thing.

95teetee
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Just wait around until Roxette, Glass Tiger, and Kim Clark Champniss are cleaning up after the show:dunno:

Kloubek
08-31-2012, 10:23 PM
I heard a clip from Roxette in concert. I'm older than most on Beyond and was a fan back in the day... but man, she sounded awful.

BMW Power
09-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I heard a clip from Roxette in concert. I'm older than most on Beyond and was a fan back in the day... but man, she sounded awful.

Went for the concert last night. It was a pretty good experience.

Unfortunately they have grown pretty old the lead singer's (Marie Fredrikkson) vocals no longer possess the depth they once used to. She also seemed incredibly fragile and seemed to walk with a limp.

It really is sad to see people age and also a reminder that despite wealth,fame and recognition we're all destined to kick the bucket eventually. Doubt they're ever going to tour again after this, so im just glad I got the opportunity to see them.

BokCh0y
09-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Was at the concert last night too, really enjoyed the show. Glad to see her back on stage after her brain tumor.

Show was great!!!

She didn't hit the notes she did back in the 80/90's, but none the less they were great.

big A
09-10-2012, 09:07 PM
I was there too and loved it. I also agree with everyone that says she is nowhere near as good as she used to be but if you were at the concert last night it is quite clear to see that Per Gessle is now the front man and he puts on an awesome show!

sexualbanana
09-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by BMW Power

Unfortunately they have grown pretty old the lead singer's (Marie Fredrikkson) vocals no longer possess the depth they once used to. She also seemed incredibly fragile and seemed to walk with a limp.

She's been fighting a brain tumor for the last few years

James Martin
09-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Well I don't have any idea about this may be because I never thought about this and it was also not required ever. But still I would be waiting for your ideal replies.

t_soarer
09-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

She's been fighting a brain tumor for the last few years

She battled a brain tumor, had to re-learn how to speak, and is still blind in one eye. That may explain the notes/sticking to one spot on the stage. Still pretty impressive to put on a concert after all that.