PDA

View Full Version : Who blends their food up?

hamkered
08-29-2012, 03:32 PM
I tried blending a can of tuna mixed with water yesterday post-workout; it wasn't bad at all. It was especially useful because eating a can of tuna without blending it can take almost an hour for me sometimes (it's just that it's so dry :().

Now I'm thinking of doing this for most of my meals. It'll take me a lot less time to eat and it'll be easier to force it down to get my food intake for the day.

Anyone already do this, or tried it on a long-term basis before?

KRyn
08-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Just drink a high end weight gainer if you need calories and find eating a lot difficult. Make sure it has a low 2-1 carb to protein ratioand you are good to go.

Disoblige
08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
I personally would never think about blending my fish or steak post-workout.

I would however, blend a lot of frozen fruit for smoothies. Definitely tough to eat a lot of fruit when you could easily drink it. :)

hamkered
08-29-2012, 03:41 PM
KRyn, what kind would you recommend? I've stayed away from them ever since I had an allergic reaction to Mutant Mass. I've tried Quick Mass which wasn't bad, but since then I've stuck to whey protein (non-weight gainer) and trying my best to get in my 5-6 meals a day.

Definitely couldn't blend my steak either haha but I find that a lot of my meals take up so much of my time. Throwing everything into a blender and drinking it is fast, and a LOT easier to clean up.

KRyn
08-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by hamkered
KRyn, what kind would you recommend? I've stayed away from them ever since I had an allergic reaction to Mutant Mass. I've tried Quick Mass which wasn't bad, but since then I've stuck to whey protein (non-weight gainer) and trying my best to get in my 5-6 meals a day.

Definitely couldn't blend my steak either haha but I find that a lot of my meals take up so much of my time. Throwing everything into a blender and drinking it is fast, and a LOT easier to clean up.

In my opinion (and of the brands I have tried) Ultimate Nutrition makes the best weight gainer. Your best bet is to either order it online or go to Sampson’s the first Tuesday of every month and get it on sale. It has nearly a 1:1 (1:0.85 exactly) carb to protein ratio and only 5g of sugar per serving. It is fairly expensive, but if you can afford it, it is worth the cash. Mutant mass has a 4:1 carb to protein ratio, which is great for gaining weight if you don't care about becoming a lard ass.

Also stick to chocolate for flavouring, the vanilla is alright.

http://www.popeyescanada.com/inf_ultimate_isomass.php

hamkered
08-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks, looks good. I'll look into it.

Does anyone blend their food though? Thread got derailed kind of...

A|pine
08-29-2012, 04:32 PM
I think Arnold Schwwarzenegger does in the beginning of End of days. He blends some concoction of Chinese Food then drinks it.

KRyn
08-29-2012, 04:45 PM
I blend breakfast on occasion... Pasteurized egg whites, oatmeal, milk, protein powder and a touch of cinnamon + nutmeg.

Have also tried tuna + diet Coke.