PDA

View Full Version : "Best place on Earth": BC Campground Noah's Ark

LollerBrader
08-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Kootenay/Revelstoke campground Noah's Ark bill's itself as "the best place on Earth".

While it ain't exactly Hugh's mansion, or Salma Hayek's bra, but it's worthy of the description.

Built on land purchased from a former Buddhist commune, Noah's ark is home to a multistory reconstruction of Noah's Ark, which doubles as a frozen-yoghurt stand.

Apparently the reconstruction is built upon the frame of an actual boat that was disassembled in harbor for highway transit, and then reassembled/welded on site. WTF?

There's so much to be said about this place, but in a nutshell, it's just neat. The owners, Jano and Sonia, are wonderful hosts. Jano is a busy busy many whose prolific output puts all other busy men to share, but never seems fussed.

Jano also provides tours of the area with his amphibious argo, which covers the various abandoned settlements and cabins and colorful history of their land.

They've got premium cabins, RV plots, and tent sites.

Highly recommended for anyone camping in the Revelstoke region.

http://www.rvcampingrevelstoke.com/

sxtasy
08-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the review. Are the RV sites somewhat private? How close is it to the highway? Do the sites have firepits?

msommers
08-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Sounds pretty cool. When I think of "best place on earth" I always get that image of Bora Bora 4 Seasons :D

http://www.bora-bora-paradise.com/images/fourseasonresortbungalows.jpg

Tik-Tok
08-30-2012, 05:49 PM
^^^

:drool: :love: :love: :love:

Graham_A_M
08-30-2012, 07:59 PM
^ Word. thats just... wow. :drool:

LollerBrader
08-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Sounds pretty cool. When I think of "best place on earth" I always get that image of Bora Bora 4 Seasons :D

Been there too. Trip of a lifetime. Stayed on the overwater cabins, but it wasn't 4 seasons.

LollerBrader
08-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
Thanks for the review. Are the RV sites somewhat private? How close is it to the highway? Do the sites have firepits?

All sites have firepits. It's about 30 seconds off of the #1 - In fact, you can see the Ark from the highway, high up on the hill, but it's not quite evident what it is.

The RV sites aren't really private. They are in rows, so your neighbor is a vehicle length away. I don't really mind tho - Always interesting to see who one's campsite neighbors are, and we always meet interesting people.

hedge
08-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Sound more like an 'RV park' than camping. My daughter prefers the parks for something to do but I prefer camping, hard to please everyone.

LollerBrader
08-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by hedge
Sound more like an 'RV park' than camping. My daughter prefers the parks for something to do but I prefer camping, hard to please everyone.

That's pretty well it, although they do have tent sites. It's far from roughing it, but very kid-friendly.