PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage rates/terms/Brokers question

KappaSigma
08-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Any people or brokers know of any institute willing to pay a mortgage breakage penalty to get me into a new mortgage? Basically I get a lower rate and they pay about few Gs for penalties but in the end they make double digit interest off me for 5 years (minimumbased on 5 year fixed rate)?

pizdets17
09-02-2012, 10:39 AM
in this market I doubt it.

CapnCrunch
09-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by KappaSigma
Any people or brokers know of any institute willing to pay a mortgage breakage penalty to get me into a new mortgage? Basically I get a lower rate and they pay about few Gs for penalties but in the end they make double digit interest off me for 5 years (minimumbased on 5 year fixed rate)?

Double digit interest on a mortgage?

You shouldn't be allowed to make financial decisions for yourself. Ask your mom what to do. :banghead:

tpurcell4
09-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by KappaSigma

You're best chance at getting this done would be looking at a cash back mortgage, where the the lender will give you up to 5.5% cash back to be used however you want to, at an interest rate of roughly 5% +/- depending on the lender. Or 1-3% cash back for lower rates.

Cheers,

Todd