PDA

View Full Version : Fine Dining Tasting Menus?

Crystalrw
08-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Has anyone had any experience dining at the following restaurants:

Q Haute
Rouge
Teatro

Or any other restaurants that do a 7+ course tasting menu in the city?

I am looking at booking with a group this winter to one of these places and want to make sure we have an amazing experience.

Any foodies here with some tips?

Budget is $120 per head before wine pairing.

Mitsu3000gt
08-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Been to Rouge and Teatro.

Rouge is the best restaurant in Calgary IMO. Best food I've ever had locally. Been a couple times now for the tasting menu + wine pairing.

River Cafe does tasting menus too, but it's not in the same league.

If you have a big group, I would imagine just about any restaurant could arrange a tasting menu.

KRyn
08-30-2012, 02:26 PM
I know Rush has a tasting menu and suggested wine pairings.

Strider
08-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Crystalrw
Has anyone had any experience dining at the following restaurants:

Q Haute
Rouge
Teatro

Or any other restaurants that do a 7+ course tasting menu in the city?

I am looking at booking with a group this winter to one of these places and want to make sure we have an amazing experience.

Any foodies here with some tips?

Budget is $120 per head before wine pairing.

Chef's Table at the Kensington Riverside Inn... Probably the best meal I've had in Calgary. That was a few years ago, so you'll have to find some more recent opinions.

Haven't tried the others, but keep reading that Q Haute is quite overrated... and any "high end" restaurant that does Groupons automatically gets a strike against them.

I've also been to Rouge lately (not for the tasting menu though), and was fairly underwhelmed.

JLau
08-30-2012, 05:04 PM
i've tried Rouge's tasting menu with wine pairing twice now. Food was good, great presentation and service. Price was reasonable as well.

Crystalrw
08-30-2012, 06:02 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about Rouge, so that's nice. If I don't go for this group outing, I'll definitely go myself another time.

Haven't heard much about Teatro yet but I spoke to them on the phone and they were really helpful. They have a bigger tasting menu than the other restaurants for the same price, hopefully the quality of the food is good?

JLau
08-30-2012, 06:10 PM
food was good, keep in mind "tasting menu", so portions arent big, but i think we got 6 or 7 courses in....

xolemonteaox
08-30-2012, 06:22 PM
+1 for Q
been there many time and I personally think it's the best out of Rouge and Chef's Table. Went to Rouge a couple of times and it was a hit and miss for us. Went to Chef's Table for Valentines and I was unimpressed.
But the 7 course before wine pairing at Q is $175.

Very Bistro and Jacqueline can do a custom tasting menu for you if you provide them your budget and what not.

robert367
09-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Haven't observed much about Teatro yet but I talked to them on the cell phone and they were really beneficial. They have a larger flavored selection than the other dining places for the same cost, hopefully the excellent of the meals is good?