PDA

View Full Version : $#%'n uncovered trucks

M.alex
08-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Took 2 bloody boulders (size of your fist basically) to my windshield.

Except I got the fvckers license plate and asga number ... is it better to try to contact the company and settle with them, or go through insurance? If insurance, is it treated like a regular windshield claim, or something else (because a @#$#@n gravel hauling truck can't be tossing boulders onto the highway, that's got to be a breach of liability, not like a car pinching a rock at you because of bad luck) :dunno:

Modelexis
08-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Pics, or it didn't happen.
:)

clemmy26
08-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Was it a troll CPS undercover truck?

sillysod
08-30-2012, 04:33 PM
call teri @ ASGA, #'s on the website. She will tell you who to call if you have the ASGA reg # from the truck.

99% of companies will want to just give you $$$ and make this go away instead of having it show up as a safety incident.

syritis
08-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
99% of companies will want to just give you $$$ and make this go away instead of risking it turn into a $300000 bylaw fine for an unkept commercial vehicle/causing road debris

fixed

ExtraSlow
08-30-2012, 06:56 PM
agreed call asga, they'll make this shit right pronto.

M.alex
08-30-2012, 09:18 PM
I called ASGA and they wouldn't tell me the company, but they said everything would be forwarded promptly.

My thoughts are they'll tell me to f-off, but we'll see.

I contacted my insurance and because I don't have windshield coverage they can't help me - I'd have to file a police report and sue in small claims.

Knowing my luck the company (I didn't get the company truck name, just the asga and license plate before he turned off) will be a small 1 or 2 person operation who'll tell me to f-off. :thumbsdow

If a rock takes out my windshield, fine, bad luck, but to have rocks the size of your fist come flying off a gravel truck...:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Rat Fink
08-30-2012, 09:49 PM

Zhariak
08-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Did anyone else see the semi that was hauling gravel/dirt/rocks on deerfoot and didn't have it's load covered, plus was leaking through the back gate?

It was ripping southbound deerfoot just going over anderson/bow bottom... Shit was going EVERYWHERE

Cody D
08-30-2012, 10:49 PM
The worst I ever saw was unsecured pig parts flying out of a semi trailer. That was a fucked up experience dodging pig heads.

M.alex
08-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Almost 24hrs later and no call back from the company. Time to learn about the small claims process :rolleyes:

95teetee
08-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
What I don't get is why the degenerate slime that usually drive that shit don't take 2 seconds to roll out the tarp on their trucks. They all have them. I sure wish it was harder to get a class 1/3 license. They practically hand that shit out like toilet paper. There's one good driver for every hundred it seems. this- I followed a landscaper with gravel piled a foot higher than his trailer, with a nice tarp rolled up in front. I was actually wishing I'd get a rock from him.

Or, more to the truth, I was actually wishing I had a rock chip I could blame on him.

78si
08-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Where are the pictures?:nut:

master hec0
09-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
Almost 24hrs later and no call back from the company. Time to learn about the small claims process :rolleyes:

what's the ASGA number if you dont mind me asking. il let you know if i see it on my rounds (im a gravel driver) if you get the company name they will probably pay for the windshield unless their cheap assholes. I had a company spray some rocks out of its truck and get shot out of the wheels by the trailer and they paid for the windshield no problem and that was on the dump truck i was driving too.

also those "not responsible for broken windshields" signs you see are total BULLSHIT.

AndyL
09-01-2012, 08:34 AM
I believe this is where dashcam comes in handy, proves the debris came off the truck not kicked up by the wheels :D

swak
09-01-2012, 08:42 AM
One summer I saw some toerag hauling gravel piled up high on..... His flatbed 1 tonne.
I seriously don't know what goes through some peoples minds

*facepalm

M.alex
09-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Well, that sucks.

On the posiitve side my windshield is only 1200 (i thought it would be more since it's a head-up display windshield). Negative side

- insurance can't help me because I don't have windshield insurance (I would have thought gravel trucks tossing boulders would fall into a different category, but guess not)

- asga wasn't much help ... no contact yet

- police would let me file an report because I couldn't conclusively prove it came from the truck

- I can't contact the company because I was dilligent and took down all the marking information I could (license and asga # before it turned off) except the company name. Except you can't do shit with that because of FOIP unless you want to pay $100 and go through a whole process to see which company owns the damn thing.

So lesson learned from this - at all costs get the company name, that is the most important thing, not the license plate or identifcation number

Originally posted by master hec0

what's the ASGA number if you dont mind me asking. il let you know if i see it on my rounds (im a gravel driver) if you get the company name they will probably pay for the windshield unless their cheap assholes. I had a company spray some rocks out of its truck and get shot out of the wheels by the trailer and they paid for the windshield no problem and that was on the dump truck i was driving too.

also those "not responsible for broken windshields" signs you see are total BULLSHIT.

PM'd