PDA

View Full Version : How long to see Insurance Adjuster

cyberplaypen
09-01-2012, 12:48 AM
I live in B.C. But my Family lives in Alberta. The Question I have is How long does it take to to get an appointment to see a insurance adjuster to put a claim on a vehicle that got major hail damage. My mother lives in southern Alberta, She owns a truck lent it to my brother that lives in Northern Alberta, Driving up he got caught in a major hail storm the size of golf balls and got a lot of damage. It is covered by insurance. But my mother tells me my brother has been calling everyday to see an adjuster but has heard nothing back yet. While this happened 2.5 weeks ago. what is the average time frame to get an appointment with a adjuster and does the wait time have a longer effect because its up north. As my feeling is Hunting Season is around the corner having access with a great 4X4 not having to worry if it gets scratched while having her believe it takes time as the inspectors are busy.

speedog
09-01-2012, 07:34 AM
It took eight days for us to get in to see one of our insurance company's adjusters after the August 12, 2012 hail storm, but a look in the other Beyond hail thread would show that this is certainly not the norm. Keep calling and good luck.

corsvette
09-01-2012, 09:44 AM
If you're with TD insurance be prepared to hurry up and wait, our truck was damaged before the hail storm and we still cant get the adjuster to call us back or answer an email.

raceman6135
09-01-2012, 01:05 PM
My friend's car that was damaged in that hail storm has finally got an appointment with an adjuster for this coming Friday.

Depends on your insurance company. I'm not sure who she has her auto insured through.

Your mom may just have to wait a bit longer.

Team_Mclaren
09-01-2012, 03:25 PM
If its not drivable, it'd be pretty quick. If not, get ready to wait weeks or months...

I had two claims, one has been settled and one is still waiting for an adjustor.

relyt92
09-01-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm seeing an adjuster on sept 10th, with aviva insurance.

speedog
09-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
If its not drivable, it'd be pretty quick. If not, get ready to wait weeks or months...

I had two claims, one has been settled and one is still waiting for an adjustor.
Dunno, both of our vehicles were very drivable and both were appraised within eight days. Think it depends more upon the insurance company you're with.