PDA

View Full Version : Jensen's corn @ Dalhousie Co-op

blueToy
09-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Just a head's up if you are planning to buy some Taber corn from this location . Make sure to check out the corn before you leave . I bought a dozen , brought them home , then started to prepare our long weekend BBQ feast . When I got to the corn , I found that 4 0f the 12 we missing their tops . One was almost half gone . Got pissed enough to hand over cooking duties to wife and race down there , but they were gone . I can only imagine that the tops were rotten so they cropped them , but will be back there tomorrow . The sellers were probably in there fifties , looked older then they probably are . Male and female , and she looks to try and pass herself off as a milf but really isn't . They don't even look like they fit the neighbourhood . More far SE types ... run hard and put away wet once too many and looked like they wasted too much of their lives escaping reality thru drugs .
Anyway , either insist on bagging your own or give them a quick feel to make sure you get what you paid for before you leave the parking lot .

Sorry for the long rant .

st184
09-02-2012, 08:23 PM
So you could say this business operates against the grain?

blueToy
09-02-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm saying if you don't want to be corn-holed , check the produce before you leave . Or ask to check and bag it yourself .
As a aside , the corn we did eat was very good . Very sweet .

Cheers

Davetronz
09-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by blueToy
They don't even look like they fit the neighbourhood . More far SE types ...
... I didn't realize us far SE people were a distinct "type"...
:dunno:

Benny
09-03-2012, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by st184
So you could say this business operates against the grain?

One might infer that there's not a kernel of truth to this business.

Pinner
09-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by blueToy
More far SE types ... run hard and put away wet once too many and looked like they wasted too much of their lives escaping reality thru drugs .

Wow,

rage2
09-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Believe it or not...

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/alberta/Alberta+farmers+want+crackdown+counterfeit+Taber+corn/7181181/story.html

The counterfeiting has been on the news all summer. Started with Edmonton, when only 1 stand out of 30 or so were actual Taber corn lol.

Even got to the point where CBC did a taste test, and Taber corn lost. Funny stuff.

sillysod
09-03-2012, 09:40 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Smitty_58f053_692633.jpg

lilmira
09-03-2012, 10:28 AM
"Corn" artist

cancer man
09-03-2012, 10:31 AM
It's the corny truth read it myself yuk yuk yuk.