PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when Telus will offer new phones?(bluetooth)

tc3
02-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Telus has the worst tech/first phones on the market!! Even Fido offers better phones?!?!
I've been waiting for telus to offer a bluetooth option phone. Anyone have any insider information???
TC

roopi
02-09-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Telus will have a couple of the new Moto's with BT however it will probably be a while. Look how long it took them to release their T72X.

Ajay
02-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Bluetooth and Telus don't mix for some reason. Everyone comes in and asks when Telus is going to come out with Bluetooth compatible phones and my guess is as good as theirs.

Telus will be releasing a few more new models sometime in Q1 but none of the models being released are going to be Bluetooth as far as I know.

rage2
02-09-2004, 05:00 PM
No doubt. They don't even allow you to use a non Telus phone anymore either. If it wasn't for their rock solid network, I'd be on Fido LONG ago. Cheaper, and better phones!

t3rry
02-09-2004, 05:03 PM
i hate to tell ya but fido is where its @ GSM is the future my friend

bigboom
02-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by rage2
No doubt. They don't even allow you to use a non Telus phone anymore either. If it wasn't for their rock solid network, I'd be on Fido LONG ago. Cheaper, and better phones!

same here...i tried them all and ended up with telus. ive been with telus for almost two years and i havent had any problems with them. a bit pricier than fido but worth it.

gongSHOW
02-09-2004, 06:14 PM
ya fido has more phones simply because it GSM and that most cell phone manufacturers make, mainly because its the only network in Europe where everyone has a cell :thumbsup:!

xkon
02-09-2004, 06:26 PM
ive just switched to telus from rogers, id rather have a plain phone that never fails me as opposed to a flashy one that never works. Id never go back!

Ajay
02-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by xkon
ive just switched to telus from rogers, id rather have a plain phone that never fails me as opposed to a flashy one that never works. Id never go back!

:werd:

What's the point of having a flashy phone if it doesn't work for you. In the end it's a PHONE that you're going to be using for PHONING people.

rage2
02-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by xkon

Originally posted by Ajay
What's the point of having a flashy phone if it doesn't work for you. In the end it's a PHONE that you're going to be using for PHONING people.
hehe with Rogers, I can see that happening. But honestly, Fido isn't that bad if you're not a heavy user, driving around on the phone a lot. I used a work Fido phone for a week and it only cut out in a few places that I drive through.

If you're looking for a very reliable network but don't mind crappy phones, choose Telus.

If you're looking for a huge variety of cool phones, go Fido.

If you smoke a lot of crack, go Rogers!

tc3
02-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
Bluetooth and Telus don't mix for some reason. Everyone comes in and asks when Telus is going to come out with Bluetooth compatible phones and my guess is as good as theirs.

Telus will be releasing a few more new models sometime in Q1 but none of the models being released are going to be Bluetooth as far as I know.

They told me in Dec 02 that BT was coming out in 1st quarter 03. That never happened! I think they basicly told me that to stay on as a customer. So who really knows in anything new will come out soon.
I freaken hate Telus, they know they have the best service AND they know ur most likely not to go anywhere else no matter how shitty they treat u. "Fuk what the customer wants, they'll still give us their money even if we don't do anything!!"

Is it possible to get an unlocked BT phone from some other country and get it to work?? Any one try that??

A2VR6
02-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Is there such thing as Bluetooh CDMA/TDMA phones? Because all i've seen so far are GSM.

xkon
02-10-2004, 12:45 AM
im sure there is, however TELUS locks all foriegn ESN's out of their network... so they wont work!!!

LOL rage, love the rogers comment

ApexDrift
02-10-2004, 01:06 AM
^^
its not that they lock the phones out... its a matter of reprograming the PRL... ive reprogramed a couple of phone s from verison with the telus PRL and got my friend in activations to put it on the net work...so far they work fine

rage2
02-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Telus refuses to reprogram foreign PRL's now. Without the proper PRL, you're gonna run into reception problems, so to deal with that, telus does not activate foreign ESN's anymore. Meaning you MUST use a Telus phone with Telus service.

Ajay
02-10-2004, 01:26 AM
Makes sense....they want you to buy their product if you're using their network.

tc3
02-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Anyone have any insider info on upcoming models??

rage2
02-10-2004, 01:30 AM
www.howardforums.com

Everything you'll ever need to know about cell phones and providers.

Redlyne_mr2
02-10-2004, 01:31 AM
Every once and a while i get a call from a lady at some telus store. Im currently with Fido and she told me that if I switched to telus my plan would be %50 percent less and I could trade in my cell for any of the telus models. Trade?? I wonder what would happen to my gsm phone once I traded it in? I should open another fido account get a really crappy phone then trade it in for the top of the line telus phone then sell it

GTS Jeff
02-10-2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6
Is there such thing as Bluetooh CDMA/TDMA phones? Because all i've seen so far are GSM. yep...altho maybe not tdma cuz i dont think anybody uses that anymore.

Ajay
02-10-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Every once and a while i get a call from a lady at some telus store. Im currently with Fido and she told me that if I switched to telus my plan would be %50 percent less and I could trade in my cell for any of the telus models. Trade?? I wonder what would happen to my gsm phone once I traded it in? I should open another fido account get a really crappy phone then trade it in for the top of the line telus phone then sell it

Are you in Ontario? Cause that promotion sounds familiar to something Telus ran out here this past summer (except the 50% off the plan). I know Telus is offering a couple sweet promotions in Eastern Canada. One being if you're with Fido the sales reps in Ontario have the ability to match whatever plan it is you're on right away.

roopi
02-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
yep...altho maybe not tdma cuz i dont think anybody uses that anymore.

Rogers still offers TDMA service. They are no longer upgrading the network but they still offer phones for it. I imagine they will be phased out slowly.

GTS Jeff
02-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by roopi

Rogers still offers TDMA service. They are no longer upgrading the network but they still offer phones for it. I imagine they will be phased out slowly. u know what i mean:)

roopi
02-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
u know what i mean:)

OK Gotcha! I was thinking you meant no company offers it anymore. My bad.

szw
02-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

You could buy a really cheap gsm phone to trade, but you most likely will have to sign a contract with telus to get their phone.