PDA

View Full Version : Traffic ticket fighters/lawyers

P_D
09-04-2012, 01:35 PM
I was just wondering who beyond thinks is the best traffic lawyer or ticket fighter out there? I got a stunting ticket because my passenger was a drunk retard mooning people. I'm not willing to take a 4 demerit hit because of it. I don't want to wreck my squeaky clean record with this ticket so I'd like to fight it any help would be greatly appreciated.

gretz
09-04-2012, 01:40 PM
lol... What is your defense for fighting it?

"well, my buddy only had one cheek visible, can we cut the demerits and fine down the center?

Modelexis
09-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I've dealt with pointts and fightthatticket.

I found that pointts was mostly concerned with just getting the points off and sticking you with a fine to still pay.

fightthatticket seems to be more willing to hammer the courts as long as it takes to get you the result you want.

Either one is fine though, never had a bad experience with either and I have one pending with pointts right now.

I like pointts just because I can call them on my lunchbreak with the ticket number and they can get started. I give them a CC over the phone and they have me on file.
Then they email me a letter with the result.

-relk-
09-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Is that really a stunting ticket?

I don't know much about the definition of a stunting ticket, but that seems more like a public indecency ticket for your buddy... Might have a case if you bring that up? :dunno:

Warning: I have never fought a ticket myself, and this is just my 2 cents on the matter

lilmira
09-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by gretz
lol... What is your defense for fighting it?

"well, my buddy only had one cheek visible, can we cut the demerits and fine down the center?

He wasn't mooning sir, he just has an ass face, it's true.

Modelexis
09-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by -relk-
Is that really a stunting ticket?

I don't know much about the definition of a stunting ticket, but that seems more like a public indecency ticket for your buddy... Might have a case if you bring that up? :dunno:

Warning: I have never fought a ticket myself, and this is just my 2 cents on the matter

It's kind of irrelevant whether the ticket is valid or not, it still has to be fought.

-relk-
09-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

It's kind of irrelevant whether the ticket is valid or not, it still has to be fought.

True. I just got sidetracked. Let us know how it works out OP

Nitro5
09-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I though passengers could get a stunting ticket as well. Why didn't the cop write your buddy up? Did he moon the cop?

RightCoast
09-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Yes passengers can get stunting tickets, You can get a stunting ticket while sitting on the side of the road. You don't have to be in a car to get a stunting ticket. It's anything that might distract drivers on the road.

Mooning is a perfect example. And instead of fighting it, why not have your asshat of a buddy take responsibility for it?

googe
09-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by RightCoast
Yes passengers can get stunting tickets, You can get a stunting ticket while sitting on the side of the road. You don't have to be in a car to get a stunting ticket. It's anything that might distract drivers on the road.

Mooning is a perfect example. And instead of fighting it, why not have your asshat of a buddy take responsibility for it?

I see you don't know how demerits work.

BigShow
09-07-2012, 07:59 PM
They're all useless crooks, fight it yourself you'll likely get the same result. My opinion comes after paying thousands to try and wipe away pink tickets and receiving inadequate counselling and defense.

clemmy26
09-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Waiting for the holier than thou police lover crowd to post that you should ensure that the passenger has his belt buckle done up and his seat belt fastened at all times.

Blue
09-07-2012, 08:51 PM
shouldnt the passenger be ticketed and not the driver? :dunno: thats what i learned from driving school a few years back haha

88jbody
09-07-2012, 09:28 PM
the cop gave the wrong person the ticket. go ask for disclosure they have to give you all the evidence related which would be police notes, if the police notes say that the passenger was mooning or distracting drivers, you have a very sound basis to get it thrown as you did not break the law he did. you may loose some time from work. but IMO worth it on this ticket

FullFledgedYYC
09-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Fight it on your own.