PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Start Remote car starter

tch725
02-09-2004, 03:45 PM
This past October I had an Arctic Start remote car starter installed in my car for a surprise birthday present. All was fine until this past month, when we had a huge cold spell. Since my car would not start on its own, I had gotten a boost, which didn't end up helping. However, since the boost, my remote car starter will no longer work. So, when I went back to the garage where it was installed, I found out that they shut down. I have not been able to find anyone else in Saskatoon, SK that even sells them, and the manual has no contact information for the distributor. Unfortunately, the person that gave it to me as a gift has 'temporarily' misplaced all the warranty information. If anyone knows how to contact the distributor so I can find more information on dealer locations, I would be extremely grateful :D .

silvercivicsir
02-09-2004, 11:05 PM
what doesn't work about it ? do you have a white remote with a blue led ?

maybe it lost the "programing" for the remote.. try going from on to run position 5 times, and after the 5th time the lights shoud come on , and then press the "lock/unlock" on the remote which should relearn the remote [assuming you have the arctic start with the "white remote / blue led on it" , which is a compustar clone..

tch725
02-11-2004, 03:08 PM
My car will not start using my remote. My remote appears to be working fine - it has a blue led but is black with gray buttons.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by "going from on to run position 5 times".

Please reply.... that way I can hopefully get things working again.

Thanks.

silvercivicsir
02-12-2004, 01:17 AM
you know how how there are four different positions for the key to be in. ... first one is lock, then accessory then run and then start.. cycle the key from the accessory to the run 5 times [ on off on off ] and after the 5th time the park lights should come on. then press the "lock/unlock" button on the remote.. and if the brain learns the remote, it should flash confirmation. it will then exit, and give your remotes a try..

If you look ont he windshield do you see the Antenna.. what number is on it..

tch725
02-12-2004, 12:03 PM
:D :thumbsup: :clap:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I tried what you suggested and it worked! I was getting EXTREMELY

tch725
02-12-2004, 12:05 PM
(sorry) frustrated as I had no luck finding a dealer or installer in my area.

As well, the person that gave me the gift is very thankful as well, since it was not meant to only work for a few months.

How did you know that trick?

Thanks again.

silvercivicsir
02-13-2004, 12:16 AM
oh it's not a trick.. that's how you program the Remote to the brain before it starter/alarm can be used for the first time.

Most likely you disconnected the battery or some how erased the remotes from the "brain" and all it took was a simple relearn..

Glad to help Ya..

jdmcrx
02-17-2004, 10:26 PM
colin is that you? Man you rock. If I'm not careful you will be doing all my installs!