PDA

View Full Version : Nokia busted for faking images for Lumia 920

kenny
09-06-2012, 10:59 AM
In their release video Nokia contrasted images/videos taken with and without Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) to show off their Pureview technology. They implied that the OIS ON versions of the images were taken by the guy riding the bicycle beside the girl when in fact they were taken from a van with a rig.

You can see the van in the video at the 26s mark of this video. Ooops!

cimDfEIEiu0

eblend
09-06-2012, 11:24 AM
They may have faked it, but the technology is really supposed to be awesome, but isn't in its final stage from what I understand. Regardless if the difference is trully as big as they say, I am sure it will still be the best smartphone camera to date

blitz
09-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Haha, if Apple did that you would be up in arms about it.

GTS4tw
09-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Commercials aren't an accurate depiction of products!!?? :eek:

Mibz
09-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by blitz
Haha, if Apple did that you would be up in arms about it. Haha, no shit.

eblend
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Haha, no shit.

No i wouldn't, I would laugh yah, who wouldn't. If apple came out with this cool camera tech that was actually revolutionary, and faked a movie because they didn't have the final product, but were confident in its capabilities, I would still accept the fact that the technology is actually revolutionary. I am a tech person and have been all my life, so I like technology in general, I just don't like it when shit is called revolutionary when its just a new paintjob on an old buick so to say. Maybe I am just not hip enough for this whole apple thing, i don't know. I did rock an iphone for nearly 4 years mind you, until I found something that suit me better, and realized that I am not the one to follow blindly or be brand loyal if something else meets my needs better.

Mibz
09-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Regardless of your preferences, the problem is that you take marketing, and the people who fall for it, too seriously.

eblend
09-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Regardless of your preferences, the problem is that you take marketing, and the people who fall for it, too seriously.

Perhaps, sorry if I offended anyone, isn't really my intention.

Mibz
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Maybe offend people is too strong, but it certainly seems like you're willing to start a fight ;)

sputnik
09-06-2012, 02:08 PM
At least with Apple products, when the inaccurately portray the performance of their products they have the decency to put a disclaimer on their commercials...

in a 4pt font for 2 seconds (see below @ 0:29)

0t-lsULa8ZM

kenny
09-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
At least with Apple products, when the inaccurately portray the performance of their products they have the decency to put a disclaimer on their commercials...

Only after their ads were banned in the UK for being misleading. Can't remember if the "sequences shortned" was added on after the class action suit against them re: 3G or if they just added it on their own.