PDA

View Full Version : Xpresspost refund?

believe
09-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Hey guys,

Has anybody ever tried to file a claim with Canada Post for late parcel deliveries?

According to this link (http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/support/helpcentre/tracking/late_delivery.jsf), if you use one of their expedited services, you are eligible for a refund.

Just wanted to see if anybody has tried this and if its worth my time to go through with the process.

Thanks.

jonsey737
09-06-2012, 04:08 PM
I did it. It was pretty easy. Took a bit but they sent a cheque to me in the mail.

M.alex
09-06-2012, 11:10 PM
I do that all the time - I ship everything xpresspost and I'd say at least 60% of the time it arrives 1 day late. So I call and get my money back.

Don't let them bully you around - sometimes they'll try to say customs this or that, just say 'no - this is my delivery date, you missed it. Gimmie mah money back now'.

roopi
09-06-2012, 11:26 PM
I believe the refund goes to the sender only.

dflamzer
09-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Just remember its business days and doesn't include any time delays for being in customs. They most certainly refund it pretty promptly. It's important to keep all the documentation they provide you at the post office.

clem24
09-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Ya it's fast... I remember I just had to fill out an online form and boom, cheque shows up in a week. It's pretty easy with online tracking to see that they didn't fill their end of the bargain. No hassle at all. It probably takes them like 2 minutes to check out the screen and conclude: yup, it took 5 days instead of 4.