PDA

View Full Version : Whose getting STI

HOK
09-18-2002, 08:25 AM
like the title says... whose putting a down payment on one..?

Ferio_vti
09-18-2002, 09:20 AM
Is that the pug-ugly yellow preza they have out at Centaur?

max_boost
09-18-2002, 10:01 AM
Is it coming over? Are there any confirmation on specs that the NA market will be receiving?

2000impreza
09-18-2002, 10:31 AM
it has been confirmed... no one knows the specs yet. price is ~$48k...... 3 people has aready put downpayments on them. lol.

HOK
09-18-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Is that the pug-ugly yellow preza they have out at Centaur?

no its going to be here in May or around there.. specs are really anyones guess since they are going to have to find out how many cats to put on the thing.. lol but it should be ~260 hp. i just thought the word was out... the dealer was telling me to put down 500 bucks 3 months ago though... they assured me the first blue one... :)

i think because they were feeling sorry for me putting so much money into my car and all i needed was the STi

max_boost
09-18-2002, 11:03 AM
Hmmm......$500 eh?
I might have to swing by and talk to Hubert at Centaur Subaru

nookmumracing
09-18-2002, 11:21 AM
what colors? The Yellow WRX is tight!!!

Peace

max_boost
09-18-2002, 11:30 AM
Courtesy of Edmunds
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/futurecars/articles/44810/page033.html

Subaru
2004 WRX STi (High-Performance Sport Sedan)
Although there's been no official word from Subaru just yet, the likelihood of an STi (Subaru Technica International) version of the WRX coming stateside looks all but certain. With 261 horsepower and 253 lb-ft of torque under the hood, this four-door screamer should bolster the WRX's reputation as one of the world's most exhilarating all-wheel-drive sedans. A stiffer suspension, wider wheels and tires, front and rear limited-slip differentials, a six-speed manual transmission and larger Brembo brakes will also come as part of the STi upgrade.

2000impreza
09-18-2002, 11:34 AM
i "heard" they might redesign the front end too. but who knows. sti sounds like a hell of a good deal. 6 speed, diffs, brake's,...etc. race ready car. lol.

HOK
09-18-2002, 11:39 AM
don't forget the internals.... yummy....

max_boost
09-18-2002, 01:32 PM
If this is what I think it has, I'm all for the new WRX STI

STI Kit
STI headlights with HID
Rear Spoiler
6 speed
Heavy duty clutch
LSD Front/Rear
Suspension
Brakes
Racing seats

All this for $48K and I will buy a WRX!!! Screw the convertible hahaha

HOK
09-18-2002, 01:43 PM
yes to everything.. but what is the STI kit...

2000impreza
09-18-2002, 01:59 PM
probably the front lip, splats, rear wing. lol. if the factory specs are correct of ~260hp than its detuned. think of the potential with basic mods!!!!

Stratus_Power
09-18-2002, 03:40 PM
or u can get a base 350Z :drool:

max_boost
09-18-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by HOK
yes to everything.. but what is the STI kit...

The skirt package kit that is optional on the WRX!!

Man, if the specs are right, I really want one of these babys!!

Zephyr
09-18-2002, 04:18 PM
pictures pictures! my kingdom for pictures!

max_boost
09-18-2002, 06:44 PM
Ok I just talked to Hubert at Centaur Subaru.

The car will be coming over but nothing has been released as to specs, prices etc. He just told me to keep an eye out on the American website because chances are they will be receiving the goodies first.

Prices should be around the low 50's off the lot.

mmmm...

RSeXy
09-18-2002, 06:47 PM
oh my...now it will be yet another potential car that my dear MB will be talking about...ahhhh!!

max_boost
09-18-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
oh my...now it will be yet another potential car that my dear MB will be talking about...ahhhh!!

Back off yoz!:rofl:

max_boost
09-19-2002, 12:05 AM
http://212.134.82.180/imggb/www/subcontactus.nsf/Newsti_enquiry_450x352.jpg?OpenImageResource

spyguy
09-19-2002, 12:12 AM
Even I think that's too much for just a "subaru"

HOK
09-19-2002, 12:19 AM
well i think 40k for a wrx is a joke... 50k for the Sti is about right.... for what you get... the six speed tranny alone is worth 10k....

spyguy
09-19-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by HOK
well i think 40k for a wrx is a joke... 50k for the Sti is about right.... for what you get... the six speed tranny alone is worth 10k....

Well....wrx = 34995 + taxes...
sti = approx 49995 + tax...(which probably will be toned down like the WRX)

thats a huge diff...for mid 50's personally i'd rather spend my money on a luxury car...i mean c'mon 55G's for a rice rocket with cheap interior and paint?

tulit
09-19-2002, 12:55 AM
I guess if you look at it from the point of view of what it would take to convert a WRX to a STi, $45k might not be too much. I'm sure you've spent at least the difference on your car so far Daven ;)

But you're right. Doesn't matter how you look at it. Its still a shitty subaru ;) Will I buy one? I don't know. The EVO still looks mighty good :)

http://212.134.82.180/imggb/www/subcontactus.nsf/Newsti_enquiry_450x352.jpg?OpenImageResource
Thats just a current Prodrive Style STi.
The new one will have a redone front end to repair the headlights.

spyguy
09-19-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by tulit
I guess if you look at it from the point of view of what it would take to convert a WRX to a STi, $45k might not be too much. I'm sure you've spent at least the difference on your car so far Daven ;)

good point...but in a sense im not really converting my car into an sti...im just "enhancing" it so i can beat an sti for cheaper :) plus the money ive spent is a hella a lot cheaper than what you get with the sti....ie coilovers compared to a sti spring/strut combo...

spyguy
09-19-2002, 01:02 AM

But you're right. Doesn't matter how you look at it. Its still a shitty subaru ;) Will I buy one? I don't know. The EVO still looks mighty good :)

and on that standpoint...an evo is just a mitsubishi...unless we start talking about amg's and m3's etc...IMHO all jap cars are generally the same...why would you pay that much for a mitsubishi either!:p

tulit
09-19-2002, 01:20 AM
good point...but in a sense im not really converting my car into an sti...im just "enhancing" it so i can beat an sti for cheaper plus the money ive spent is a hella a lot cheaper than what you get with the sti....ie coilovers compared to a sti spring/strut combo...

Haha. True true. I guess it is intesting to see what equipment it comes over with. But anyone who puts a deposit on it already is nuts in the head. Who knows what your getting into?

and on that standpoint...an evo is just a mitsubishi...unless we start talking about amg's and m3's etc...IMHO all jap cars are generally the same...why would you pay that much for a mitsubishi either!

Cuz I hate Subaru? ;) Haha, but good point. I don't get why their so expensive anyways. They sell for like $30-$40k in Japan for top models.

spyguy
09-19-2002, 01:29 AM

Haha. True true. I guess it is intesting to see what equipment it comes over with. But anyone who puts a deposit on it already is nuts in the head. Who knows what your getting into?

least you can get your deposit back eh?

Cuz I hate Subaru? ;) Haha, but good point. I don't get why their so expensive anyways. They sell for like $30-$40k in Japan for top models.

I like my subaru...its been very reliable other than the fact that it needs a little tuning its great!
you've had some bad luck though...

HOK
09-19-2002, 08:32 AM
yea i would say so... but i think the mitsu is an over built monster... so thats why i would get it.... but its getting awfully close to an S4... maybe just get that... lux... btw its not that easy to beat an Sti... with just open pipes its got a heck of a lot of hp....

spyguy
09-19-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by HOK
yea i would say so... but i think the mitsu is an over built monster... so thats why i would get it.... but its getting awfully close to an S4... maybe just get that... lux... btw its not that easy to beat an Sti... with just open pipes its got a heck of a lot of hp....

nothing a new turbo cant solve :):thumbsup:

but anyway back on topic...who's getting one?

Nay...

4wheeldrift
09-20-2002, 03:38 PM
Sometime over the next month I'll be putting a deposit down on one.

sCream
09-21-2002, 11:25 AM
Actually.. my friend put a deposit on an STi when i put a deposit on my car. Except he has to wait til whenever it comes in next year.. hehe. His dad is buying it for him because he wants him to go to racing school, and he needs a fast car for it :P

Hollywood
09-23-2002, 09:49 AM
2 much. Not worth it IMO. When you start spending that kind of money on a car....it just does not seem worth it. If you have the quest for speed and HP there are so many other/cheaper ways of doing it. If I were to spend that same amount on my car it could have well over 700HP to the wheels. A JUN crate SR20DET is 14K US.