PDA

View Full Version : small steps for ROBERT KUBICA, quality of life improving

rob the knob
09-09-2012, 04:00 PM
good to hear, as i hear too many F1 return rumours, it is good to see that he is doing well

Robert Kubica wins domestic rally on return to competition
By Matt Beer Sunday, September 9th 2012, 17:23 GMT

Robert Kubica took victory on his return to competition in an Italian domestic rally on Sunday.

The event was the first motorsport contest the Pole had entered since sustaining horrific injuries in a rally accident in Italy in February 2011.

Driving a Subaru Impreza World Rally Car with Giuliano Manfredi, Kubica won all four stages of the Ronde Gomitolo di Lana rally to claim victory by nearly a minute over Omar Bergo's WRC Mini.

Before the start of the rally, Kubica told Italian television channel SkySport24 that the event marked the start of "a more active phase" in a recovery that he still hopes will bring him back to Formula 1 eventually.

"Let's hope we can enjoy ourselves, without looking at stage times because in the end it's a matter of re-establishing the way of driving and helping the arm to recover better," said Kubica.

"Having been a driver for 20 years, my body is accustomed to certain things, and I can feel these things only while I drive, so we'll see."

m5art
09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Some pics, sorry text in polish:
http://f1.interia.pl/robert-kubica/news-kubica-zdeklasowal-rywali-wygral-bezapelacyjnie,nId,633865

buh_buh
09-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Good for him. Hope he makes it back to f1, minus the Massa style recovery.

rage2
09-09-2012, 07:48 PM
He's got a bit of ways to go till he's back in F1. His right hand is still mostly immobile. There's a video of him signing autographs with his left hand (he's right handed).

cloud7
09-11-2012, 05:42 PM
It is good to see him racing competitively again. I said this before and I'll say it again, he will not be racing in F1 again because of his extent of the injuries. He will never regain the sensitivity needed in his right arm/hand. He may race in lower categories or rally, but I think F1 is highly unlikely... nevermind being competitive.