PDA

View Full Version : CD stuck in 2004 Santa Fe CD player

Mar
09-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I got a CD stuck in a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, anyone know how to get it out? I looked for a little hole to stick a paperclip into but there doesn't seem to be one. Basically when I push the EJECT button it make some mechanical noises but nothing happens, the CD stays inside. It's the OEM CD player, any ideas?

dj_rice
09-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I know for Nissans, if that happens, there is no repairing and its time to order a re-manufactured unit from either Panasonic/Clarion. By chance, its not a Bose deck is it?

To gauge an idea of how much you might be paying, for Nissan vehicles, a re-man unit costs $349 + the old core back to send back to Panasonic/Clarion so they can repair and re-send to the next customer. If no core is given back, add $1000 onto your bill. Hopefully Hyundai is around the same pricing.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-09-2012, 08:24 PM
With GM its game over, time for a new unit. Seems pretty standard these days.

gretz
09-09-2012, 08:33 PM
take another cd (preferebly one that you don't care if it gets scratched) and stick it into the cd player after you hit eject, but dont let go of the cd... if you look, you may be able to see the other cd. Still holding the one you are inserting, put it above or below the stuck one, push in the direction of the stuck one, and pull out... Ya, it sounds dirty, but it could do it for ya

EM1FTW
09-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Common problem on those cars actually.
Theres no way to get it out without taking the radio completely apart, and even after that it will probably eat the first cd you put in it afterwards.

gram
09-09-2012, 09:03 PM
I used to use this method back in HS(it has been a while since I even had a cd to be honest) It really works.

Take an old credit card/same size of card and find some tape (the wider and stickier the better)

Rip off a small peice of tape (like 3 inches) and put it on the end of the credit card sticky side out. Take that credit card and shove it in to your cd player and try to grab the cd with the tape. As soon as you feel the tape grab pull the credit card out (tape will be stuck to the CD) then just pull on the tape, the cd should come out pretty easily.

It might take you a few tries but it does really work.

Hope that helps,

Hallowed_point
09-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Whenever I've had this happen with my car, all I do is get another CD and just kinda give the stuck CD a little "bump" and it pops out :dunno:

Maxx Mazda
09-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Both of the above suggestions are likely to work, but if not, consider replacing it with an aftermarket deck.