PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run Sept 8 Saddlecreek Way

stacy28
09-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Posting this for a relative. If you happened to witness this, please respond to their kijiji ad: http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-community-other-Hit-and-Run-Please-Help-W0QQAdIdZ412476130

Hello. I am a Paramedic with Calgary Metro EMS, and would like the public's help to identify a dangerous driver in our city.

On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at approximately 11:30PM, my vehicle was involved in a hit and run on Saddlecreek Way near Saddlecreek Cove in NE Calgary.

According to witnesses, an apparent drunk driver rear ended my vehicle, causing significant damage. Unfortunately, no one was able to get the license plate of the offending vehicle, and because of this, my insurance company is refusing to cover the damages to my vehicle, which currently cannot be driven.

The offending vehicle was described as a red minivan with a silver/grey front bumper, and will presumably have some front end damage as a result of the accident. According to witnesses, the driver was an Asian male.

As you probably know, the Calgary Police Service is extremely busy, and understandably, can be of little assistance to me in finding the vehicle in question at this point.

If you have any information, or have seen the vehicle described above in your area of town, please let me know.

Thanks so much for your help. Please share this add on your Facebook, Twitter, email, etc, Cheers!

Ven
09-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Should be covered. Pay deductible and get car fixed no?

CRXguy
09-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear. There were quite a few hit and runs when I lived on Saddlecrest Blvd. There was only one douchebag that managed to get away, while the others were caught shortly after.

Glad I don't live in that area anymore.

Kloubek
09-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't understand how it wouldn't be covered by insurance... especially with witnesses...

rage2
09-11-2012, 10:39 PM
I think with basic 3rd party/PLPD insurance, there's no coverage if you get hit and run, or the other guy has no insurance. That'd be my guess.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I think with basic 3rd party/PLPD insurance, there's no coverage if you get hit and run, or the other guy has no insurance. That'd be my guess.

Bingo. A tenant of mine was parked on the street on New Year's and his car got creamed by a truck. Hit and run, he only had PLPD, insurance didn't give him a dime. Car was a complete writeoff.

DEATH2000
09-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Thats pretty shitty that people just take off, but if he was drunk thats probably why he took off. Sober people are more likley to stick around.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Bingo. A tenant of mine was parked on the street on New Year's and his car got creamed by a truck. Hit and run, he only had PLPD, insurance didn't give him a dime. Car was a complete writeoff.
And thats exactly why I always tell friends/family to get more then just PLPD. My mother in law spent 26 years or so in insurance so that helps too.

Stealth22
09-12-2012, 08:56 AM
^ Damn, that's shitty. Would they cover it if the driver was caught?

spikerS
09-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Stealth22
^ Damn, that's shitty. Would they cover it if the driver was caught?

No. But then the OP could go after the other driver's insurance company for the damages.

revelations
09-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I would take a drive around the neighbourhood. The area is very much a house farm so chances are buddy was coming home drunk to park his shitbox.

Stealth22
09-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by revelations
I would take a drive around the neighbourhood. The area is very much a house farm so chances are buddy was coming home drunk to park his shitbox.
:werd:

Get friends/family to help as well. Just drive up and down the streets and hope that you spot him. That's really all you can do.

That's what the police did with the hit and run in Bowness. But that one involved hitting a pedestrian, so it was a bit higher of a priority for them.