View Full Version : Looking for a job? Like the automotive industry? Let me know!

Pollywog
09-11-2012, 07:28 PM
We are in the automotive parts industry, working at the highest grossing per employee location for the largest automotive parts supplier in all of North America.

Our team has been down a member for months due to losing him while he fights his battle with cancer. We have been through endless resumes of people with little to no experience nor knowledge of the automotive world, and it has become very frustrating. To clarify, this is a permanent position, not a temporary one. It is unlikely he will be coming back.

The store itself is in the heart of the foothills industrial area in the SE. You will see everything from 2012 Ferrari's, Peterbuilts, Bull Moose Cranes, to 1935 Plymouth two-doors. We set the bar for the company, and have a very demanding cliental. The business is about 80% corporate customers, with the remaining 20% being your everyday backyarder.

It is a fast paced work environment, but you couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys to work with, or grab a beer with across the street.

While experience itself is a great asset, a general interest and basic knowledge of vehicles can be worked with. I am willing to train any candidate, and can get you working as soon as possible. If this sounds like something you would like to tackle, please send me a resume to paulrdadams [at] gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Paul

BensonTT
09-11-2012, 07:37 PM
So whats the job? Selling car parts like Auto Value etc?

Pollywog
09-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT
So whats the job? Selling car parts like Auto Value etc?

In concept yes, in execution it is far more advanced. Very little walk-in, very much phone and prolink ordering. Be prepared to have parts from forklifts dumped on your counter and being expected to know what they are or what company to go through to find them. We end up selling more parts and products from companies such as Greggs, Fairview Fittings, Acklands, Fort Garry, Traction etc. than over the counter parts.

We deal with all the big players, Beck/Tervita, Prudential Steel, Arpac, Flynn, CP & CN Rail, etc just to name a few. I've worked in many parts stores, but there is nowhere like this. It can be absolute hell, chaos, but it gets your mind moving.

TLDW, this is not like working at partsource.

PS: Quarterly bonus's based on quota (which our store always exceeds), as well as ridiculous discounts. Be prepared to find your $130 pads for your Dodge only end up costing you $30. In addition, our legendary status in the industrial area yeilds nearly free beer from every customer everytime we ditch across the street. But this is not a position for the weak. You will get told to go fuck yourself daily from our regulars, you will get ignored due to not being recognized by them, and you will have no idea what you are doing for months.

Edit: As intimidating as I make it sound, if you got what it takes or show potential, welcome aboard. Your position will pay in the high-teens to low twenties depending on experience and great benefits.

M.alex
09-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog
Your position will pay in the high-teens to low twenties depending on experience and great benefits.

???? The way you write this posting you should be paying low 6 figures, not low 20s, lulz:nut:

CompletelyNumb
09-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

???? The way you write this posting you should be paying low 6 figures, not low 20s, lulz:nut:

Most entry levels jobs involve low pay and hard work.

chkolny541
09-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

I'm assuming commission as well... hopefully? haha

Pollywog
09-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Position filled. Thank you to the other few who came out.