PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new home for male 3 year old Golden Retriever

asp integra
09-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Posting this for a friend

She is looking for a new home for her 3 year old male Golden Retriever named Huxley.
Unfortunately some recent health problems have made it difficult for her to walk the dog and take him out so she has decided to give up the dog to a good home. She would like to see it go to a family with a bigger house and yard so Huxley has alot of room to play. He is used to 2 walks a day.
Huxley has been fixed and is a great dog. All shots are up to date.

If you are interested or know someone who might be please contact Heather at 403-919-0991 (please do not PM me)

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381017_10150540931638436_1995357848_n.jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/388520_10150540932153436_1908043482_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/400542_10151236312333436_1902725899_n.jpg
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/429054_10150712013868436_735845617_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/387115_10151200484603436_1768917076_n.jpg

rob the knob
09-11-2012, 08:09 PM
nice looking dog

clemmy26
09-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Beautiful animal.

Mar
09-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Why not just let it run around in the yard? I had the same dog for 17 years, it was never overweight. It just ran around and entertained itself.

FixedGear
09-11-2012, 11:05 PM
I hate people that abandon their pets once the novelty wears off. Tell your friend to think next time they have the urge to get a pet, or have a child. You may as well drive it out to the country and shoot it, that's what will likely happen after your friend drops it at the SPCA. I'm sorry, but IMO there are no excuses for that kind of bs behavior.

Jonel
09-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by FixedGear
I hate people that abandon their pets once the novelty wears off. Tell your friend to think next time they have the urge to get a pet, or have a child. You may as well drive it out to the country and shoot it, that's what will likely happen after your friend drops it at the SPCA. I'm sorry, but IMO there are no excuses for that kind of bs behavior.

I don't really post that much but I don't understand why people go into a fit without knowing all the details. I don't know asp nor his/her friend but it sounds to me like they have taken good care of the dog. 2 walks a day, has been fixed and all its shots are up to date. It was never mentioned the severity of her health issues, so therefore you can't assume that the dog was just a "novelty". Nowhere in his/her post did they say they will be giving it to the SPCA off the bat, as mentioned they are looking for a good home.

Perhaps learn to read?

Originally posted by asp integra
Posting this for a friend

She is looking for a new home for her 3 year old male Golden Retriever named Huxley.
UNFORTUNATELY SOME RECENT HEALTH PROBLEMS have made it difficult for her to walk the dog and take him out so she has decided to give up the dog to a good home. She would like to see it go to a family with a bigger house and yard so Huxley has alot of room to play. He is used to 2 walks a day.
Huxley has been fixed and is a great dog. All shots are up to date.

If you are interested or know someone who might be please contact Heather at 403-919-0991 (please do not PM me)

FixedGear
09-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Lol, I read and understood it just fine. People need to realize when getting a pet that they are responsible for it, even if their life changes.

ddduke
09-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Lol, I read and understood it just fine. People need to realize when getting a pet that they are responsible for it, even if their life changes.

What if she has cancer, is likely going to pass away and spending most of her time in a hospital?

Holy fuck, too many bleeding hearts out there.

psycoticclown
09-11-2012, 11:54 PM

You're a fucking idiot :facepalm: Health problems now doesn't mean the novelty is wearing off. If you had a dog and then got hit by a car and was paralysed from the neck down and thus could not walk the dog doesn't mean you are abandoning the dog. According to you, the dog should stay with the owner forever and even when the quality of the life of the dog has gone down due to health problems of the owner, they should still keep the dog? What would you do in that situation? Get off your fucking high horse. As far as I can see, the owner is doing everything to make sure the dog is still cared for. She is taking responsibility for the dog, you just have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Maxx Mazda
09-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Nice looking dog

Seth1968
09-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

You're a fucking idiot :facepalm: Health problems now doesn't mean the novelty is wearing off. If you had a dog and then got hit by a car and was paralysed from the neck down and thus could not walk the dog doesn't mean you are abandoning the dog. According to you, the dog should stay with the owner forever and even when the quality of the life of the dog has gone down due to health problems of the owner, they should still keep the dog? What would you do in that situation? Get off your fucking high horse.

What horse?

His horse ran away due to owner's mental health problem.

msommers
09-12-2012, 08:05 AM
What a terrible horse owner.

lilmira
09-12-2012, 08:09 AM
low mileage bucket for the horse?

darthVWader
09-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Part out the Horse?

CapnCrunch
09-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by ddduke

What if she has cancer, is likely going to pass away and spending most of her time in a hospital?

Holy fuck, too many bleeding hearts out there.

She needs to just break the dogs legs so he won't need to walk, then they can be together forever.

r3ccOs
09-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

She needs to just break the dogs legs so he won't need to walk, then they can be together forever.

:facepalm:

classy

asp integra
09-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Well it looks like the 13 year olds have had their fun, but thanks to those with good comments. She would love nothing more than to keep Huxley as she has owned pets her whole life but as i said, recent health problems are making it very hard on her now. I wont go into specifics as it is no ones business so please keep this thread on topic. Either post something constructive or nothing at all.

clemmy26
09-12-2012, 09:25 PM
One thing I learned from owning a pure bred dog is that the "rescue crowd" are as equally as snotty as the pure bred crowd. Hence, some of the comments here. You rescued a mutt, not some african child.

sillysod
09-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Just FYI the SPCA does not euthanize dogs unless they are aggressive. I have a friend that worked there and we do their scale service (weigh all the dead animals so they don't put too many in the incinerator at once). The animals there are treated better than most are treated at home.

Dogs are almost always adopted out. Worst case scenario if you can't help here out on Beyond I would suggest she go down and talk to them. They are all "animal people"... some "crazy animal people" that treat pets like children, but be assured a beautiful dog like that would definitely NOT be put down, it would probably be adopted out in a few days tops.

Good luck and hope your friend recovers from her illness.

Kavy
09-12-2012, 11:39 PM

http://www.awesomewasteofmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/il_570xN.336516498.jpg

Just added another name.

GTS4tw
09-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Kavy

http://www.awesomewasteofmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/il_570xN.336516498.jpg

Just added another name.

Sometimes I think it is Nonlinear....

JudasJimmy
09-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Beautiful dog. Looks so happy. Do you think moving a dog from the city to a farm is too big of an adjustment? My parents are looking for one but they live on a farm, and no dogs in the house. They had a Norwegian elkhound that packed in it after 13 yrs.

403Gemini
09-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Wow FixedGear, classy... :thumbsdow

Im usually against people giving away their dogs because of a lifestyle change, but I mean health issues is a very legit reason. It's not like she is moving out of a house and into a condo and wants to get rid of it or something like that.

I know if I got sick, giving up my dog would be the hardest decision ever and I know asp's friend likely didn't make this decision in a heartbeat, and I don't imagine she feels good about having to do it either.

All the best to your friend asp, health wise and finding it a good home. I'd love to adopt it but my fiance is scared of bigger dogs (which is a shame, I grew up with a golden retriever and I know how gentle they are for big dogs).