PDA

View Full Version : Weird

Ajay
02-09-2004, 09:36 PM
So yesterday I was using my computer and it tends to slow down quite a bit when I'm using Kazaa. I downloaded what I wanted to download and then decided to restart my computer.

When I restarted my computer it tried to connect to a network device and then brought up a message that my operating system wasn't found. I restarted by pushing the restart button and went into the Bios and there was NO hard drive present in the Bios at all just my DVD drive and my cd burner. After that I turned everything off left it for a good 15 minutes or so. I turned it back on and everything booted up normally and launched Windows XP with no issues.

Any ideas why my computer decided to say "Fuck You" to me for about 15 minutes? It's running fine now but I'm scared to restart it especially any time soon since I have a couple of assignments due for school this week that I need my computer for.

hockeybronx
02-09-2004, 09:43 PM
That time of the month? Did you check either inside the harddrive or on the floor under it for red liquids?

Ajay
02-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Yah I guess so....for some reason it's pissed at me. :drama:

prosh
02-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Depending on how old ur hdd is, theres a chance ur hdd is at the point of going dead. Drive failures happen on both new drives and older drives. I'd recommend next time you get a chance, back ur stuff up and maybe look at getting the drive(s) RMA'd. Another thing it could be is drive overheating.

Ajay
02-10-2004, 01:28 AM
It's a relatively new hard drive.

Seagate hard drive that I bought in August cause my other one crapped out.

t3rry
02-10-2004, 10:13 AM
sounds to me like hardware onflicts, either that or crappy hardware, did you by chance buy this computer form techtronics or some junk like that? its very common in techtronics junk, and some memexpress stuff

Ajay
02-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Nope....it's a Dell computer that's about three years old.