PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Workout?

hockeybronx
02-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Just wondering what everybody's style is. And this doesn't mean sex, or doing a couple sets of push-ups and situps, I mean full body workouts.

I have heard that you should never work the same muscle two days in a row, but that also depends on resting time and protein intake.

Ajay
02-09-2004, 09:42 PM
I think I'm the only one to answer NEVER so far.

girlRACER
02-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
I think I'm the only one to answer NEVER so far.

Nope. Add me to the list :)

ecstasy_civic
02-09-2004, 09:58 PM
5-6 days a week, but I just hit a slump in my workout:(
will be back next mon. 6:30am:)

max_boost
02-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Ideally I would like to go 4 times a week but it seems like I can never meet that schedule.

EG STyLeZ
02-09-2004, 11:47 PM
I work out 3-4 days a week, but i never work out the entire body in one day, nor do i work out the same body part consecutively. Giving your muscles enough time to rest is an important part of working out. It's like the other half of a workout!

legereandrew4
02-09-2004, 11:50 PM
i try to go 6 times I week, though ive missed the past 2 days:thumbsdow ill be back tomorrow though so its all good

Shaolin
02-10-2004, 12:12 AM
I don't lift anymore, I lifted back from grade 9 to grade 11.. now it's all cardio.. but i run 3 times a week.

ryder_23
02-10-2004, 12:13 AM
just started up again....i'll take an average of what its gonna be after a few weeks 1-2days, but last week its been 4 times

AquamosH
02-10-2004, 12:23 AM
I focus on running 3 times a week. I workout afterwards, but I just mainly want to emphasize on cardio and conditioning.

integrahpr
02-10-2004, 12:27 AM
im in the gym about 4-5 times a week.

Melinda
02-10-2004, 01:22 AM
I used to weight train and work out 5-6 times a week in high school but in college i have a lot less time and i've been doing a lot of painful rehab from my car accident last year...we've just started working out again and hopefully with a bit more time I can get back into it

hockeybronx
02-10-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
I used to weight train and work out 5-6 times a week in high school but in college i have a lot less time
:werd:

College life sucks. High stress, hair loss, weight gain.
In high school I would work out 4 times a week SOLID. Now in my first year of college its 1-2 times per week:thumbsdow

nismodrifter
02-10-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

College life sucks. High stress, hair loss, weight gain.
In high school I would work out 4 times a week SOLID. Now in my first year of college its 1-2 times per week:thumbsdow

bah shutup shady haha, hair loss? wtf you been smokin lately?
In high school the only thing that kept us strong was Vitamin-C :rofl:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCC :rofl:

GT2NV
02-10-2004, 09:31 AM
5 times a week, doing diffrent body parts on diffrent days:thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
02-10-2004, 09:39 AM
I work out 5 times a week , but i will rotate what body section i work on.

t3rry
02-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Just wondering what everybody's style is. And this doesn't mean sex, or doing a couple sets of push-ups and situps, I mean full body workouts.

I have heard that you should never work the same muscle two days in a row, but that also depends on resting time and protein intake.

yea, because when you work muscles it makes them expand and it takes them a day to contract a bit and thats what forms the muscle.

rc2002
02-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Wow, there are some very active and then some very inactive people on beyond...

I go every weekday morning before work. It keeps mymetabolism high the entire day so I have more energy and can eat a LOT the entire day!

xkon
02-10-2004, 11:53 AM
i do cardio 3-6 days a week at Talisman, would like to start weights as well eventually

KimberlyTia
02-10-2004, 12:12 PM
I try to do cardio at least twice a
weak, whether it's jogging or dancing...

I've been hearing more and more
about pilates, so I might check that out,
but then again, that may just be a
Southern California fad thing....

all i know is... ya gots to get motivated
to exercise otherwise you get those
cute *oh Sh*t handles* lol :rofl:

civic_rida
02-10-2004, 01:03 PM
actually its not a day to recover 48-72 hours.

t3rry
02-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
actually its not a day to recover 48-72 hours.

that why you are supposed to do heavy workouts mon,wed,thurs, and light on tues, thurs and none on weekends, that is the best workout plan.. gives your body a good break on the weekends to build muscle.

hockeybronx
02-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by t3rry

that why you are supposed to do heavy workouts mon,wed,thurs, and light on tues, thurs and none on weekends, that is the best workout plan.. gives your body a good break on the weekends to build muscle.

Hey that's funny man that's almost my exact workout plan.
It works excellent when I stick to it.

SoSlowDx
02-11-2004, 01:19 AM
5 times a week when school exams are out of the way...

body part each day, doing the bigger muscles beginning of the week and smaller by the end.

Fluidic
02-11-2004, 01:44 AM
Three times a week at the Talisman Centre.

davidI
02-11-2004, 12:06 PM
I usually go 6 times a week when I'm hardcore into it but then I usually go on these lazy spurts where I don't go at all for a few weeks so I put 3-4 times.

rx7girlie
02-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by KimberlyTia
I've been hearing more and more
about pilates, so I might check that out,
but then again, that may just be a
Southern California fad thing....

Nah, that's not a SoCal fad at all, I'm gonna try it out too this coming up week, pickin up the DVD set at Costco. I'll see if I like it enough to continue, personally I think it looks extremely effective!

As of now, I don't work out ever. Haven't done it in ~4 years. I'm so cardiovascularly out of shape I can't even run a flight of stairs without wanting to pass out on the ground after. :thumbsdow

max_boost
02-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Anyone work out at the Talisman between the hours of 9:45-11:00pm? I usually go for the last hour, but kind of hard to find motivation by yourself! My buddy that I usually go with is in Lethbridge finishing up school.

Zephyr
02-12-2004, 12:30 AM
use to be 4 times a week...now i havent gone to the gym in 3 months... im gonna go back.....some...day...

hockeybronx
02-12-2004, 01:14 AM
It's interesting to see everybody's habits.

When I have a down time where I don't work out it's never too long though. There's guys on here saying two or three months, man I get mad at myself for two times a week instead of 4!

I guess it's one of the benefits of me having everything I need in my basement: weights, bench, punching bag, treadmill.
:thumbsup:

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-12-2004, 01:33 AM
7 days a week on NOS

Hakkola
02-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Used to be every second day, but now with all my work and school I'm getting lazy, but I'll probably get back into it, If I do I'll work out heavy on Tues, Thurs and Saturday, light on wednesday and fri nothing on sunday and monday :D

lam-boy
02-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
5 times a week, doing diffrent body parts on diffrent days:thumbsup:

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
I work out 5 times a week , but i will rotate what body section i work on.

:werd: 5 times a week on a rotating schedule.

ApexDrift
02-12-2004, 03:36 PM
5 days a week on a rotating schedule, for 12 weeks then take a week or two off to let the musle grow, and thats the best time to do your cardio cuz if you wanna get big and cut at the same time it strains your body out and you wont see results for a while... then its back it to the cycle...
but you have to have enough protine in take in your diet or your musles wont grow, i usually just eat a can of tuna, the shakes and bars are to expensive

QuA
02-12-2004, 03:45 PM
5-6 times a week. 15 minute cardio everyday, weight training everyday, upper lower ab super set everyday =)

QuA

WSP
02-12-2004, 03:55 PM
I use to work out a ton......u should only work out one or two musle groups a day and only that muscle group once a week...except abs which some say everyday and some say every second day.......ever since i blew out my knee i found drinking....so i havent gone back.:thumbsup:

ApexDrift
02-12-2004, 04:07 PM
dood drinking is the worst... one beer is 300 calories thats = to ahalf hour on the tread mill... oh and i quit fast food as well funny thing is, i still smoke

hockeybronx
02-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift
dood drinking is the worst... one beer is 300 calories thats = to ahalf hour on the tread mill... oh and i quit fast food as well funny thing is, i still smoke

WTF? Smokings bad for your health? Who would have known:nut:

Redlyne_mr2
02-12-2004, 09:05 PM
3 times a week, run for 2KM on the indoor track, the work legs one da,y abs the next and arms on the last day

GT2NV
02-13-2004, 09:43 AM
no chest?:nut:

sunfirechick
02-26-2004, 11:39 PM
i was working out 5 times a week but now i go twice each day five times a week

hockeybronx
02-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by sunfirechick
i was working out 5 times a week but now i go twice each day five times a week

Woh you are hardcore!

If I could give you a little advice, just be smart about what you are doing. There's a fine line between girls that workout so much they look like guys, and girls who are attractive women with good healthy bodies.

I'm definetely not a fan of the muscle-ripped girls.

euro tang
02-27-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Anyone work out at the Talisman between the hours of 9:45-11:00pm? I usually go for the last hour, but kind of hard to find motivation by yourself! My buddy that I usually go with is in Lethbridge finishing up school.

yo I go there at that time too! i try and go every second day but sometimes I feel too lazy.

JAYMEZ
02-28-2004, 11:37 AM
twice a day for 5 times a week is really not a good way to get into shape, your body needs to recover , that puts way to much stress on the joints and muscle fibers

hockeybronx
02-28-2004, 05:40 PM
twice a day for 5 times a week is really not a good way to get into shape, your body needs to recover , that puts way to much stress on the joints and muscle fibers

That's true. The only way I'd see this being healthy is if the person is getting 2 grams of protein for every pound they weigh every day, and also they would have to be getting probably 12 hours of sleep every night.

I doubt this is practical for anybody.

theken
02-28-2004, 08:34 PM
i just recently started but i go 6 times a week, with cardio like 3 times, sometimes go back to gym for cardio

sunfirechick
02-29-2004, 01:40 AM

Woh you are hardcore!

If I could give you a little advice, just be smart about what you are doing. There's a fine line between girls that workout so much they look like guys, and girls who are attractive women with good healthy bodies.

I'm definetely not a fan of the muscle-ripped girls.

thats why i dont lift a whole lot of weight

GorG
02-29-2004, 02:17 AM
I work out every day, my secudule makes sure that i dont fuck up my body(tri's peps, and ab's first day, bi's and back and ab's second, and then legs, shoulders, neck and ab's) this is the pro way to do it, 10-3 for seach set, and then your body gets two days recovery time for everything else, but if you just start this work out it wont work, just cuz your body wont be used to wroking out, you need to start off slow with this style. Who works out at WHC edg anyway?>?>?>?

davidI
02-29-2004, 02:43 AM

Ahnold did it :)

A lot of people do it just so they can have high intensity workouts on each muscle. It also depends on how you split your muscle groups though, personally mine works out so that once a day is more than enough :D

I knew some guys that would do a chest/back split and they'd often hit the gym twice. Personally I do Chest/Tri's and Back/Bi's so it's not worth two trips!

Ben
03-04-2004, 05:15 AM
nothng wrong with working out 5 days a week. just alternate your routine. around so you're not working the same thing 2 days in a row. :) Those of you who work M-F its great to hit the Gym on the way home :) then you got sat and sunday to Veg/Relax

civic_rida
03-04-2004, 12:32 PM
arnold wasnt natural

hockeybronx
03-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
arnold wasnt natural

Enough creatine, mass builder, and recovery pills and you could work out 24-7.

Dope Dealer
03-04-2004, 10:22 PM
I try to go everyday with Sat-Sun only Cardio, and M-F Cardio in morning, then workout late at night when I got nothing else to do.

I do them in 6 week cycles with different resting periods, sets, etc. etc. 5 meals a day :)

ReMiXed lude
03-04-2004, 10:54 PM
4-5 times a week