PDA

View Full Version : Advice - Procurement/buyer

KO22
09-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Just want to get some feedback/information in regards to new grads looking for procurement/buyer positions, how easy is it to secure a position in this field and what kind of salary would I be looking at as a new grad? Any information would be awesome! thanks guys

Amysicle
09-12-2012, 09:27 PM
http://alis.alberta.ca/occinfo/Content/RequestAction.asp?Keyword=purchaser&cmdGO=GO&aspAction=GetTitlesSearchKeyword&format=html&Page=TitleSearch&Results=TRUE&SNT_ID=55

davidI
09-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Lots of positions available for oil sands work these days. Not sure about for new grads, but I see lots and lots of postings.

I'd say procurement and quantity surveying are two of the most demanded professions outside of EGG these days.

hampstor
09-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Lots of buyer/analyst level positions out there right now, and the skills acquired in procurement can be easily transplanted from industry to industry.

For a new grad, your pay will vary between 50-65k depending on what industry you land in.

dj_patm
09-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm a Supply Chain new grad as well but I've got a couple years of experience.

There is a lot of work in that area, in all industries. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a job.

You'll be starting low on the totem pole as far as tasks go. Expect a lot of boring work but the pay should be on the higher end for new grads and I know a lot of people that got a big bump in pay after a couple years with a company. Most people I know that have been in SCM for a few years are making in the 70-100K range.