PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Easy Recipes for One?

trieu
09-12-2012, 08:24 PM
I just recently moved out and have been having a hard time cooking for myself. I'm at school all day and when I get home I just want something quick. I'll start off:

Pizza bagel - Buy bagels and pre made marinara sauce, or you can make your own. Put the sauce on and any toppings you want and put it in the oven. Takes less than 10 minutes and its awesome.

Redlined_8000
09-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Eggs.
Scrambled, omelet, boiled.... om nom nom

natty54
09-12-2012, 08:46 PM
in for the ideas :P

I am in the same boat OP

lellowrx7
09-12-2012, 08:49 PM
KD
Water
1 tbsp Margarine
1 splash milk
6L pot

Full pot half way with water, bring to boil
Turn heat down to medium high
Pour kd noodles into pot
Cook until soft
Drain water
Turn down heat to low
Add margarine and cheese package
Add a splash of milk
Stir and serve to self in pot
(save the dish)

msommers
09-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Prewashed spring mix lettuce, premarinated chicken from coop downtown, premade spicy guac, sliced up a tiny bit of jalapeno havarti and melt, wash some raspberries and bam. Olive oil and pepper to top. Probably 10minutes, not including warming up the bbq.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/431237_822228591357_159228430_n.jpg

schocker
09-12-2012, 08:57 PM
I have been eating a lot of chicken lately. I just get home from work, put some olive oil and spices on the chicken and let it sit in the fridge for a bit. Grab some qinuoa or quick brown rice, chicken takes 7mins per side in the pan on medium heat, qinuoa or rice takes around the same, done. Lettuce or tomatoes or other vegetables in addition also, just quick stuff.

FixedGear
09-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Tortilla pizza, if you're in the mood for some ghettoness. Google it, it's basically like an Italian quesadilla.

trieu
09-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Another good one:

Buy bulgogi marinade, I get it from a Korean market by my house but I'm sure you can find it at T&T. Marinate beef, fry it with onions and eat with white rice. Takes less than 15 minutes.

flipstah
09-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Invest in a George Foreman Grill.

Frozen whatever-the-fuck; grill; watch TV; done.

FixedGear
09-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Get a food saver vacuum thing. Then you can buy and/or cook in bulk, and freeze things in portions without getting freezer burn. You can even just boil the sealed bags in water to heat the portions. Perfect solution for cooking for one.

roopi
09-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Pre-marinated Santa Fe Chicken Breasts from Sobeys. 425 degrees for 22 minutes and some quinoa on the side. Quick, easy and healthy.

ducaudi
09-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
Invest in a George Foreman Grill.

Frozen whatever-the-fuck; grill; watch TV; done.

a social dsease
09-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Spicy Sausage Pasta. Total prep/cooking time is about 20mins.

Ingredients:
Noodles
Spicy Italian Sausages
Store Bought Pasta Sauce

Put pot of water onto stovetop at high.

Take 2-3 spicy italian sausages and slice em up. Throw into frypan on medium-high with some canola oil.

Add noodles to boiling water.

Once sausages are nearly cooked (but not quite fully cooked), add 1/2 a jar of store bought pasta sauce.

Turn frypan with sausages and sauce down to medium, simmer for 5 minutes.

Drain water from noodles once cooked. Add 2 spoonfuls of sauce to noodles, stir (to lightly coat noodles).

Place noodles on plate, add sauce on top.

Garnish with parmesan and fresh ground pepper and serve.

heavyfuel
09-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Get a pre-cooked chicken and rip all the chicken off until all that's left is a carcass. Get some corn tortilla shells and put some chicken on top and top it off with shredded tex mex cheese, chili flakes, oregano and a bit of cumin. In the oven till the cheese melts. Serve with sour cream or guacamole.

For a quick and original salad, get a bag of coleslaw mix, it's shredded cabbage and carrots basically. Add walnuts and blueberries, little bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. It sounds weird I know but trust me it's delicious! I could go on all day, I been on my own since I was 15 and now I'm 37 and haven't lived with a woman in over 10 years and even then she didn't cook lol

jwslam
09-13-2012, 12:15 PM
mine

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/305616/whats-your-bachelor-specialty/

others
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/44405/food-u-can-make-after-school-quick-and-easy/
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/142009/want-to-share-my-good-news/

chibwack
09-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Lots of chicken in this thread... (still taking notes haha)

My go to is just fry up some ground beef with 1 chopped onion and boil KD, half of each and top with ketchup. Ultra ghetto, no skill required, but god damn is ground beef good.

To save on prep time, buy your onions and chop them all up right away, then freeze them. I've got a big tub with probably 6 onions chopped just chillin in the freezer right now from a couple months back.

bleu
09-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Make some meatballs using ground beed, egg, crushed soda crackers, onions and celery, worchestire salt and pepper to taste.

All a couple cans of cream of mushroom soup and a can of mushrooms. Bake or stir until cooked in a pot on the stove.

Serve with white rice.

So easy and filling. I made this the other night. It took about 20 mins prep and 45 to cook fully.

ExtraSlow
09-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Anyone out there that is "too busy" to cook, or just lazy, check out Dashing Dishes.
They do 90% of the prep work for you, and give you easy instructions for the finishing.

Went to this with the wife last night, had 12 meals ready to go in under 45 minutes. Each one is supoosed to be sixed for four servings, so if you want, you can cut each one in half.
I've used them before, and the food is very tasty.

Price is probably about the same as buying ingredients yourself, but a hell of a lot easier and less waste.

cancer man
09-15-2012, 07:44 AM
K-Rations you can by them at the military store in Inglewood.
But don't eat them every day because after a couple of months
your member will not be able to salute.

Chilli con carne is good too and don't for get spam.

cancer man
09-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by msommers
Prewashed spring mix lettuce, premarinated chicken from coop downtown, premade spicy guac, sliced up a tiny bit of jalapeno havarti and melt, wash some raspberries and bam. Olive oil and pepper to top. Probably 10minutes, not including warming up the bbq.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/431237_822228591357_159228430_n.jpg

I'am going to try this tonite looks so good.

DJ Lazy
10-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Slow Cooked Chili! :drool:

My personal recipe:

1-1.5lbs of Ground Beef - Browned in frying pan with a dash of Cayenne Pepper

Add browned ground beef to slow cooker and add:

6-8 dry red chili peppers
1 - Single serving size container of Oliveri Marinara Sauce.
1 - 540mL can of Aylmer Accents Spicy Red Pepper Stewed Tomatos
1 - 398mL can of Heinz Maple Style Beans
1 - small can of Moneys Mushrooms (pieces and stems)
1/3 Bottle of Tony Romas Bold and Spicy BBQ sauce
1/4 Bottle of Franks Red Hot Sauce (Buffalo wing flavour in picture, all I had in the House today)
Dash of Chili Powder and Garlic

Stir to mix!

Let simmer 6-8 hours on Low.

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/DarkFader10/photo1-1.jpg