PDA

View Full Version : FS: D-Link DNS-343 - 4 Bay NAS with OLED Display

jacobhuh
09-13-2012, 04:23 AM
i have one that is unused. I bought it a year ago and have not used it. I am asking $350.00obo

Info:
ShareCenter 4-Bay Network Storage Enclosure

This storage device is the perfect solution for backing up your home or business data. It comes preloaded with four 1TB hard drives and features RAID 5 technology for data protection at the most available capacity, an OLED display, a USB print server port and a management program that allows you to easily set rules and schedules.
Features:
Easily Insert up to 4 3.5" SATA Hard Drives Without Using Tools
Protect Important Files Using RAID 1 or RAID 5 Technology
Access Stored Files Over the Internet

RAID 5 Technology

RAID 5 technology offers the most available capacity with data protection in the case of a drive failure. RAID 5 technology uses an algorithm to distribute your data over 3 or more hard disk drives and, in the case of a hard drive failure, the ShareCenter will continue to function with your data intact.

RAID 1 Technology

RAID 1 is like a backup for your backup. It causes the drives in your storage device to mirror each other, so if one drive fails the unaffected drive will continue to function until the failed one is replaced.

Robust Backup Software

The included feature-rich backup software allows you to create schedules and rules including full or incremental backups as well as set storage quotas for specific users and groups.

FTP and UPnP

For flexible usage, the DNS-343-4TB includes features such as a built-in FTP server to access files over the Internet and a UPnP Media server to stream digital content to compatible media players, such as those found in the D-Link MediaLounge® product line.

USB Print Server

This storage device can also serve as a USB print server, allowing you to share a single USB printer over your network. The USB port can also support a Universal Power Supply (UPS) monitor that supports ‘smart’ signaling over a USB connection. If a power outage were to occur, the compatible UPS monitor would allow the UPS unit to safely shut down the ShareCenter.

OLED Display

With a luminous and vivid OLED display, you can stop guessing what’s going on with your storage device and let it tell you. It displays important information including IP address, hard drive statistics, temperature, RAID status, and server status (FTP and UPnP).

Mac Friendly

Not to worry, Mac users! ShareCenter can back up your data regardless of your computer’s operating system (Windows, Mac or Linux).

D-Link Easy Search Utility

The D-Link Easy Search Utility allows you to locate your ShareCenter from anywhere on the network and map your network drive so it will conveniently appear in "My Computer" on your PC.

Cooling Fans

This ShareCenter features two cooling fans that only come on when hard drives need cooling, saving you power and money.

10/100/1000 Gigabit Port

The 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port gives you blazing fast speeds so you can back up and access your data without the wait.

Jacob
(403) 708-5772