PDA

View Full Version : Intake Install.

Speed_RaSiR
09-18-2002, 11:46 AM
So im getting an AEM CAI for my B16a and installing my old SRI into my friends 99 teg gs. I know it will fit on the engine, but I noticed on my car I have two inserts in the SRI, one for the o2 sensor I believe and the other tube that runs into the head. ( not sure what that does) Will this intake install in my friends ride? He only has one inlet going into his stock airbox, mine has two. WTF,
Also I need to reset to ecu (I think) when I install it. So basically here is what I do to reset to ECU

-Unplug the battery
-let it sit for a bit
-start the car
-let it idle for 5-10 min w\o touching the gas
-turn the car off
-turn it back on

Please let me know if these are the correct steps to reset the ecu, I will do this after the intake is installed. and Thanks!

G
09-18-2002, 12:25 PM
You forgot to reattach the battery....:rofl: j/j

Weapon_R
09-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
So im getting an AEM CAI for my B16a and installing my old SRI into my friends 99 teg gs. I know it will fit on the engine, but I noticed on my car I have two inserts in the SRI, one for the o2 sensor I believe and the other tube that runs into the head. ( not sure what that does) Will this intake install in my friends ride? He only has one inlet going into his stock airbox, mine has two. WTF,
Also I need to reset to ecu (I think) when I install it. So basically here is what I do to reset to ECU

-Unplug the battery
-let it sit for a bit
-start the car
-let it idle for 5-10 min w\o touching the gas
-turn the car off
-turn it back on

Please let me know if these are the correct steps to reset the ecu, I will do this after the intake is installed. and Thanks!

On the integra, all you need to do is to connect the hose into the head. I've never heard of another inlet that connects to an O2 sensor...isn't that on your exhaust? The hose that installs into your head is to allow your head to breathe by feeding air into it through your intake pipe.

Just plug up the second hole you have on your intake with something, and connect the other inlet into your friends head...good to go.

Speed_RaSiR
09-19-2002, 09:03 AM
This thing, maybe not the 02 sensor, or its the air temp sensor, whatever, but my friends car doesnt have this, So I can just plug it up then?

http://www.imagfx.com/sir images/vtecintake.jpg

Weapon_R
09-19-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
This thing, maybe not the 02 sensor, or its the air temp sensor, whatever, but my friends car doesnt have this, So I can just plug it up then?

Yes :clap:

I will pm you a pic of my engine bay when I get home to show you how I did it. Its very similar, except there is only 1 hose, and that goes from the intake pipe, directly into the head.

Illusionsir
09-24-2002, 10:24 AM
your refering to your MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure)
if the teg is missing the "used gas" vaccum tube that connects from the valve cover to the intake thats not a big deal. its actually better if you dissconnect that to begin with and plug the holes or buy breathers for them. as long as the teg has a map sensor it should run fine. however if what you two are saying and the teg doesnt have a map sensor then you dont need to hook anything up. that vaccum line just recycles gases that arnt burned off in the combustion chamber and sends them back thru your intake to be re used. it will cost you 10 dollars to buy a breather from parts source or mopac then your on your way!

P.S. you only need one breather for the valve cover nipple. just plug the outlet on the intake piping.

I do belive the b16a2 SRI has a 3 inch diameter and the teg as 2 and one half. so that would be interesting to see what happens. nothing bad will happen, just i wonder what will happen with power and torque, i have a feeling you might lose torque with the size difference of the pipe. but i guess you`ll have to try it first and find out.