PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a good restaurant!

HNF88
09-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi Beyond!

My 1st year anniversary with my girlfriend is coming up tomorrow. I need help on picking a fine dine restaurant. Picks soo far, The River Cafe, Alloy, and Calgary Tower. Any other suggestions? and reviews on these restaurants?

Thanks a bunch!

I'll also need help on finding flowers and such.

I'm very unprepared :banghead:

Disoblige
09-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Q Haute. 7-8 course meal + wine pairing (optional, but recommended). You won't leave disappointed.

If anyone recommends Rouge, no. They suck.

Tik-Tok
09-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

If anyone recommends Rouge, no. They suck.

wtf? Seriously? That was one of the better dinners I've had in Calgary. They may not be the "best", but they far from suck.

You'll probably get a few recommendations for Jaquilline Suzanne's. It's pretty nice ambience for a quiet dinner, especially the upstairs area, and definitely won't break the bank.

cet
09-14-2012, 11:06 AM
^^ I was just at Q on Wednesday for my Anniversary. I went with the 4 course a la carte option instead of the 7-8 course meal. It was all very good, although I should have just gone with 3 courses. I think I was still full the next day.

You could also look at Il Sogno

Disoblige
09-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

wtf? Seriously? That was one of the better dinners I've had in Calgary. They may not be the "best", but they far from suck.

They suck because they are so inconsistent. I had a great dinner the first time I went. I go the 2nd time, meh.

3rd time, disaster. Easily over $700 for 4 people and left there SO hungry it was pathetic. Main course in the tasting menu was a tiny ass piece of fish where even the ladies at the table were still famished. And every single time I went to Rouge, we go all out. Full tasting menu.

I will never eat at Rouge again. Ever.

Q Haute has been consistent every single time. They even give us a tour of the kitchen. And their kitchen is SO clean.
Amazing experience + food. Worth it.

Quiet10
09-14-2012, 11:07 AM
+1 for Il Sogno, went there randomly one day and met Jarome Iginla and Craig Conroy with their wives. I still have a picture somewhere on my computer at home. :D

Oh and the food was good too...

A790
09-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Quiet10
+1 for Il Sogno, went there randomly one day and met Jarome Iginla and Craig Conroy with their wives. I still have a picture somewhere on my computer at home. :D

Oh and the food was good too...
Yea? Were they talking about how dropping out of charity events to attend PA meetings is the new "thing"?

Quiet10
09-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by A790

Yea? Were they talking about how dropping out of charity events to attend PA meetings is the new "thing"?

Haha, it was actually a few years ago, right after we were mathematically out of the playoffs.

I've gone back to Il Sogno and it's still really good (went on my Birthday).

HNF88
09-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, Ill try Qhaute, hopefully they're not booked on reservations

Kritafo
09-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by HNF88
Thanks for the suggestions guys, Ill try Qhaute, hopefully they're not booked on reservations

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10349456&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|20418|23119&N=4011108&Mo=24&pos=0&No=21&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=23119&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&ec=BCCA-EC10385-Cat22639&topnav=

Costco online has a dine for 2 deal with Qhaute, we had it back in June it was outstanding.

Graham_A_M
09-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Q Haute. 7-8 course meal + wine pairing (optional, but recommended). You won't leave disappointed.

What would be the price on this do you figure? Sounds amazing.

xolemonteaox
09-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

What would be the price on this do you figure? Sounds amazing. I believe it's $125 for the 7 course, $75 for the wine pairing. If you want to go for something smaller, you can take a look at their site.
http://www.qhautecuisine.com/dinnermenu.html

AzNxHyDrA
09-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Q haute is amazing. I was there for the 4 course and I left pretty full.

The 4 course meal is 92/person I believe.

The tour of the kitchen is a really nice bonus.

They also provide you with little treats before your meal and small extra desserts after your dessert.