PDA

View Full Version : CPS-tests/interview Questions

black300
09-14-2012, 03:34 PM
I know there are many threads regarding the CPS careers, but I had some general questions regarding the tests.

A friend of mine got a phone call and is scheduled to write the tests in October sometimes. He was wondering if anyone knew what kind of exams they are, and what type of questions will be asked.

The recruiter told him that there is a book which some people refer to which can be purchased at the local bookstore. I think he is going to go through that and some practice exams.

Any tips or suggestions, ideas etc.

Thanks beyond.

swak
09-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Its general knowledge can't really study for it - I went in and never opened a book (except for school studying) and got above avg.

Don't worry... And the interview, no ones gonna ever tell you those questions as you're sworn to secrecy

FullFledgedYYC
09-14-2012, 06:24 PM
I am sure it's not that hard....

revelations
09-14-2012, 06:37 PM
They post a LOT of detail on the CPS recruiting website section.

I ended up buying Uni/College level grammar books to polish up on mine. Some of the aptitude tests are tough (eg. find a minor grammatical error in a sentence).

FraserB
09-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Some of the aptitude tests are tough (eg. find a minor grammatical error in a sentence).

90% of Beyond would fail that.:rofl:

revelations
09-14-2012, 07:25 PM
^ I would have!

No it was more tricky than basic punctuation and spelling - for example Whom vs. Who (used wrong in a sentence).

clemmy26
09-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Certainly you can aim higher than a CPS officer?

btimbit
09-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by clemmy26

There's the Beyond response I was waiting for. Won't bother asking why, I'll just assume you got a ticket lately and are a little butthurt.

Shlade
09-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by clemmy26

Go fuck yourself you useless twit.

Whats next? You going to say you pay his salary as well?

Cos
09-14-2012, 09:58 PM

FraserB
09-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by btimbit

There's the Beyond response I was waiting for. Won't bother asking why, I'll just assume you got a ticket lately and are a little butthurt.

No, just the latest in a long line of trolls. Not even funny to be honest.

Marsh
09-14-2012, 10:29 PM
CPS Exam : "Can you hold a radar gun steady"

"Yes"

"Welcome to CPS!"

fiveowed
09-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by black300
I know there are many threads regarding the CPS careers, but I had some general questions regarding the tests.

A friend of mine got a phone call and is scheduled to write the tests in October sometimes. He was wondering if anyone knew what kind of exams they are, and what type of questions will be asked.

The recruiter told him that there is a book which some people refer to which can be purchased at the local bookstore. I think he is going to go through that and some practice exams.

Any tips or suggestions, ideas etc.

Thanks beyond.

he needs this book!! it has everything he needs to know and prepare for http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Comprehensive-Guide-Canadian-Police-Officer-Deland-Jessop/9780973515107-item.htm if he gets past the test check the forums at blueline.ca (http://blueline.ca) for info on the interview and everything else!

black300
09-15-2012, 12:37 PM
I can't open the link for the book, can you please tell me the name and author so I can order it for him.

revelations
09-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by fiveowed

he needs this book!! it has everything he needs to know and prepare for http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Comprehensive-Guide-Canadian-Police-Officer-Deland-Jessop/9780973515107-item.htm if he gets past the test check the forums at blueline.ca (http://blueline.ca) for info on the interview and everything else!

:werd: Blueline is very good info for recuits to any of the LEOs of Canada.

510-Trevor
09-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by black300
I can't open the link for the book, can you please tell me the name and author so I can order it for him.
Comprehensive Guide to Canadian Police Officer Exams
by Deland Jessop

fiveowed
09-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by 510-Trevor

Comprehensive Guide to Canadian Police Officer Exams
by Deland Jessop
sorry, that is the correct book! Tell your buddy no worries if it doesn't make it the first time, I know they like to defer you and see how committed you really are.

revelations
09-15-2012, 05:18 PM
If youre friend is also RIGHT out of HS - recommend that he spend some time volunteering at a CPS detachment first. Good for others too.

I worked the Chinook detachment counter for about 6 months and it was a great experience meeting the members and learning how to deal with the general public. Apparently lots of potential recruits get deferred for lack of volunteer/community help.

M.alex
09-15-2012, 11:40 PM
If I say I want to join so I can shoot bad guys, will they defer me? :confused:

Traffic_Cop
09-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Marsh
CPS Exam : "Can you hold a radar gun steady"

"Yes"

"Welcome to CPS!"

LOL!!! Nice:rofl:

dj_patm
09-27-2012, 02:47 PM
So if you come up as a "lie" or whatever on the poly when they ask you if you've ever done drugs then you're done?

lol no thanks.

Imagine if every job was like that.
"Have you ever, in your entire life, done any drug?"

Unemployment would be effed.

KRyn
09-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

90% of Beyond would fail that.:rofl:

90%? Damn, you must be feeling generous today!