PDA

View Full Version : 2 or 6 Panels?

RedDawn
09-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Wanted to checked Beyond's hive-mind about this topic:

I'm doing a house reno right now and all the interior doors will be replaced with two panel doors. I'm also changing the garage entry door on the attached garage and I was hoping to match it to the same style as all the interior doors. However, everywhere I've looked doesn't stock two-panel fibreglass entry doors. It seems like the most popular model is the six panel door for the garage door.

Is it common to have two panels throughout the house and six panels for the garage? I'd really prefer to keep the same two panel style across the whole house. Is it just me that finds it odd to have two panels throughout the house and six panels on the garage? Does everyone else's match or are you also doing six on the garage and two inside?

Six Panel
http://www.biztrademarket.com/User/159712/bb/steel_6_panel_door_fiq.jpg

Two Panel:
http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/2p_door2_4.jpg

masoncgy
09-15-2012, 01:39 PM
I have six panel doors everywhere and I am happy with the look, I actually prefer it to the two panel design.

Everyone's tastes are different, so some people won't care about mixing and matching and others will. No big deal, do what you like.

Can't remember the last time I saw a two panel entry door though.

frozenrice
09-15-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm positive Gienow has the two panel in fibreglass.
It's called the J-slab.

Go to their site : gienow.com > pro > get the brochures > entrance systems > go to page 8-9.

You can either call or visit their showroom.

Weapon_R
09-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Just took a look at my house and all the panels match, interior and garage. That said, you should probably reconsider that two panel style :barf:

RedDawn
09-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Just took a look at my house and all the panels match, interior and garage. That said, you should probably reconsider that two panel style :barf:

Thanks for checking your house for me lol. Six panels throughout?

When you say I should reconsider the two panel style - reconsider in favour of what?

bignerd
09-15-2012, 07:37 PM
To be honest I would not notice if someone had a different style of door inside vs the exterior...

They BOTH look fine.

95teetee
09-15-2012, 08:16 PM
had to look at my doors to remind myself what style they are lol, and my interior doors are two panel, but the top panel is arched rather than straight-they look fine to me.
(my exterior doors are vented, so the panels match either way)

Tomaz
09-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Running a different door for your garage is quite common, only because a lot of home builders don't care. Switching out to matching slabs would be a nice touch IMO. It would be quite rare to find a place that stocks that 2-panel. Most products are built by order to begin with. Expect lead times of about 3-4 weeks.

i'm currently running a 5 panel interior door:
http://www.etodoors.com/images/galleries/c81e728d9d4c2f6/1034069671336_large.jpg
Garage doors are all flush steel (no design).

Alterac
09-17-2012, 04:43 PM
My Main floor is 4 panel, and my 2nd floor is 2 panel arch top.

My entry door, is 4 panel, with a 1/2 circle on the top.

Matches nicely I think.

masoncgy
09-17-2012, 06:25 PM
That 5 panel door is cool... looks almost vintage, I'd say.