PDA

View Full Version : Lost my remote, how do I get my television on channel 3?

Mar
09-17-2012, 03:46 PM
I got an older 42 inch plasma television which I got off Kijiji last year and it didn't come with the remote but I got a universal remote from a Telus Set Top box which works kind of. The only functions on the remote which work are:
- on / off
- volume up / down
- channel up / down

Through the menu on the television buttons, I can do an auto search for available channels but it only has a NTSC tuner which means it doesn't pick up any of the newer over-the-air channels. So whenever I run that, it finds nothing. The only favourite channel currently programmed into the television right now is 16 because that was its default and if I use the channel button (remote or panel) to go up/down, it just stays on 16 because no other channels are programmed. I need to actually hit 0+3 on the remote but the number buttons don't work for this type of television which is a Legend brand. I looked on Ebay for Legend remotes but there doesn't seem to be anything and I've tried every universal code for this remote that I can find online, this is as many buttons as I can get to work.

I need channel 3 to play my NES, it's a top loader and doesn't have RCA outputs. Only the traditional NES has those.

Tik-Tok
09-17-2012, 03:53 PM
If the NES is on when you do an auto-scan for channels, it should find it as there is signal going to Ch.3

If that doesn't work, pick up a Coax to RCA converter for $15 on flEaBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=coaxial+to+rca

Mar
09-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Wow, over a year of trying to get this to work and I figure it out within 60 seconds of posting this. I changed the connection from AIR to CABLE and turned the channel skip off. Duh. Got it working.