02-10-2004, 12:09 AM
What you guys think of the deal atlanta and portland just pulled of

To atlanta
Rasheed Wallace and Wesley Person

To portland
Shareed Abdu-rahim
Theo Ratliff
Dan dickau

I think that portland got the best part of that deal, 2 starters for one.
cant go wrong

MutantBLuE
02-10-2004, 12:30 AM
well, its kinda equal, because Atlanta freed up a pretty good sum of money.
I dont think this trade affects the teams much, still not going to be winning teams

bigboom
02-10-2004, 10:00 AM
this deal really wasnt about the players that got exchanged, it was more the benefits of the trade itself. atlanta freed up salary cap room for this offseason where there are a lot of decent players becomign available. and portland got rid of a thorn in their side as they try and shed their badboy image. i dont think this trade will help these two teams become better or worse for this year.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-10-2004, 11:41 AM
whoa crazy trade! :nut:

should be interesting how portland does

atl will keep on sucking...

Ajay
02-10-2004, 12:11 PM
I think this trade is gonna benefit Portland alot more than it would Atlanta.

Wallace is on his way out ala Vin Baker where as Abdur-Rahim has insane skills.

max_boost
02-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Everyone's trying to free up money to sign......kobe!!! haha

Anyway, Portland's got a pretty dam good team on paper. Z.Randolph, Abdur Rahim, Ratliff, Davis, Mighty Mouse, a good combination of young guys and veterans. Hopefully they can turn it around. Poor Abdur Rahim, the guy has never played on a winning team.

mo_virgin
02-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Wallace is worth more than all three of the Hawks put together... he's awsome

RiCE-DaDDy
02-11-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
Wallace is worth more than all three of the Hawks put together... he's awsome

why am i not suprised...:rolleyes:

shareef is way better player...

A_3
02-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Shareef is amazing, but he is an under performer, if portland can get Shareef to play at 3/4 of his skill every night it's was a great trade. But i can't help but thinking he won't, Portland is a troubled team, sure they got rid of the ring leader in Wallace, but a few of there other players have had previous problems ahem* might mouse. But i would have to agree Portland got the better end of the deal then ATL, Ratliff is a good center and if he stays healthy he may be an all star candidate and Dickau is a solid 2nd year player. Be interesting to see what happens.