PDA

View Full Version : General Cost for Blinds?

funkytuqe
09-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Hello, we are moving into our new home in November and i am trying to do up a budget for new furniture, window coverings and other ods+ends. How much can i expect to pay for window coverings in a 2000sqft home? I know this is a loaded question as there are many different styles/quality thus different costs, I’m just trying to get a general ballpark number for budgetary use. We would likely go to somewhere like Home Depot or Blinds for Less and have proper window coverings put in (not cheap plastic Waymart crap), there is a rather large window in the bonus room and in the Mater bedroom, other than that the other windows are fairly "standard". We would probably want blackout blinds in the bedrooms and some sort of slightly opaque blinds else ware, also no strings hanging down as we have small children.

Would anyone care to share how much they paid recently for something similar? Thanks in advance.

Weapon_R
09-18-2012, 08:46 AM
selectblinds.ca

Rarasaurus
09-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Sounds like you would like honeycombs as they come in both blackout and opaque materials. They are also one of the few styles that offers no cords. They are also however one of the more expensive styles and I would guess around $4000 for something like this. Probably a little cheaper like 3000 to 3500 if you went with cords on them.

Another popular style right now is 2 inch horizontals or roller blinds.

2 inch horizontals in a faux wood would probably be around 2000-2500

Roller blinds might be around 2.5-3.5g.

As you know this all depends on windows, size and material choice so these are very ballpark figures for custom blinds.

TrU-PaK
09-18-2012, 08:53 AM
I did honey comb blinds on a 1900 sq ft house with black out in three bed rooms and "cafe" top down style in bonus room and family room (4 windows). I believe I paid around $2500 through this company Valences for Less.....about three years ago.

But again as mentioned above depends on window sizes etc.

Good luck!

funkytuqe
09-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Great!! Thanks guys, this gives me a ballpark to work with. Maybe i'll budget $4000 or so, then i can work out how much i have left to to spend on furnature and other things.

LLLimit
09-18-2012, 10:22 AM
http://www.blinds.ca/
purchases last week when all Bali blinds were 15-20% off, ~$1700 all in.
All honeycomb blinds, 8 blinds all together I think.
Top down, bottom up + cordless, 3/8" double cells. 1800sq ft house.

looks like the sale is still on
» 15% off Bali purchases up to $595 use code Bali15
» 20% off Bali purchases over $595 use code Bali20
» 20% off Graber brand, use code Graber20

The Bali quality looks pretty good. We found the store models at lowes and tried to tear the fabric apart and it held pretty strong. Other brands of honeycomb blinds didn't fare so well.

JRSC00LUDE
09-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Geoge N. Jackson cellular blinds are great quality.

funkytuqe
09-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by LLLimit
http://www.blinds.ca/
purchases last week when all Bali blinds were 15-20% off, ~$1700 all in.
All honeycomb blinds, 8 blinds all together I think.
Top down, bottom up + cordless, 3/8" double cells. 1800sq ft house.

looks like the sale is still on
» 15% off Bali purchases up to $595 use code Bali15
» 20% off Bali purchases over $595 use code Bali20
» 20% off Graber brand, use code Graber20

The Bali quality looks pretty good. We found the store models at lowes and tried to tear the fabric apart and it held pretty strong. Other brands of honeycomb blinds didn't fare so well.

great, thanks for the tip!