PDA

View Full Version : How To Get It Back

hockeybronx
02-10-2004, 01:27 AM
I'm having trouble with motivation.

I love workout out before I go to bed. I tell myself I'll workout, but I'll waste time and leave it too long so then I'll say sleep is more important since I have to wake up every morning at 6:30am.

So my question is What do you guys use as motivation to get back in your routine. I'm sick of wearing long sleeve shirts:thumbsdow

I have the time, I just don't have the time management

YCB
02-10-2004, 01:55 AM
just go one day... force urself to go... i was like that..

then i just went one day.. and started up again.. u get frustrated cuz u can't do as much as u used to... but u'll get back up there..

as for time management, since u like to sleep.. take a nap before ur work out.. work out for like 1.5 hours.. go home.. eat then sleep.. unless u have school.. with school just do less homework. hahaha... i dunno..

hockeybronx
02-10-2004, 02:03 AM
Yeah I know it's all mental.

My problem isn't re-starting, it's just keeping consistant.

I'll get it back, I'll get it back if it kills me dammit.

GT2NV
02-10-2004, 09:33 AM
if your planning a big trip with guys and girls in the summer it tends to motivate you more.... does for me anyways:thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
02-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Have a goal , and kinda picture yourself what you want to look like.. then one day set a work out day with a friend , so you both go , you finish your work out , the next day you feel stiff but in a way you feel good , wait a couple days then go again ... everytime you go you feel a bit better with yourself. Soon you should be motivated to go.

lint
02-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Get a work out partner who will kick your ass if you don't get into the gym. Some competativeness doesn't hurt either.

davidI
02-10-2004, 08:10 PM
I go through the exact same thing. I started taking my own music with me and that pumps me up for every workout.

SoSlowDx
02-11-2004, 01:17 AM
I force myself basically but also my best friend tells this all the time:"just do it STFU and do it you panzy"

I know it's hard sometimes with time and stuff but working with music or with a buddy helps.

^SkylinE^
02-11-2004, 02:05 AM
Get a friend that will push you. I just started working out like a month and a half ago and so far so good. Also if you have a home work out gym your less likely to work out! Im not sure if you have a pass somewhere but finda buddy and you should both get a pass somewhere that way you have someone to motivate you and you can't get distracted by your car, friends, tv , homework etc.
good luck

hockeybronx
02-11-2004, 02:17 AM
Starting to get a little better. I've had a good stretch of days lately.

It's all about just turning my brain off. I've just been saying okay at this time it's time to start working out and I think only about the workout and maybe some girl at school just to keep me going.

This way I'm less likely to think about time, other committments, homework, or anything else that can suck me out of the workout.

Thanks for the help guys.

pinoyhero
02-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by black94gt
if your planning a big trip with guys and girls in the summer it tends to motivate you more.... does for me anyways:thumbsup:

True.