Vehicle Details
Year : 1999
Make and Model : VW Golf VR6 Turbo
Exterior Color : Silver
Interior Color : Black
Auto or Manual? : Manual
Odometer Reading : 93150
Location of Vehicle : T2K 3Y3
Description : Alright its time to get rid of my baby, I'm going to school and sadly need a more practical car. I have had this car for just over two years and it has been amazing. Absolute blast to drive while remaining relatively comfortable. The owner before me spent close to $65000 upgrading it, and I personally have spent aproximitly $10000 fixing things here and there. I am hoping that it will go to a good home and whoever gets it will take good care of it. It will be sorely missed.

Engine/Performance:

(All internal engine block worked performed by Calgary Autoworks for turbo install – Summer of 2008)
(This started as a Kinetic Motorsport Stage 3 turbo kit, but before it got installed, some things were sold off and some custom upgrades were added.)

-SPA 7000H Turbo (T3/T4, .63 ar, 4” inlet)
-Kinetic Motorsport VR6 Manifold
-Polished C2 Shortrunner Intake Manifold
-TiAL 38mm Wastegate
-Turbosmart Vee-port Blow-off Valve
-3" Stainless Steel Downpipe (Heat wrapped)
-Braided Oil Lines and Oil Pan with fittings
-Silicone Hoses and Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps
-8.5:1 Stainless Steel Head Spacer
-ARP head studs
-ARP rod bolts
-42# Bosch Fuel Injectors
-C2 Motorsports 42# Software
-Walbro 255lph inline fuel pump
-custom 2.5” intercooler piping (by Calgary Autoworks)
-18”x9”x2.5”, front mount air/air intercooler (2.5” diameter for both inlet and outlet)
-2.5” Jetex stainless steel exhaust system (from downpipe back, 1 muffler at rear)
-engine block painted black
-deleted cat
-deleted secondary air injection
-had to remove A/C for turbo install (with the larger turbo inlet, the A/C lines wouldn’t fit)
-billet aluminum MasonTech waterpipe (crackpipe)
-low temp (70 degree) thermostat and new thermostat housing
-low temp (75-82 degree) fan switch
-shorter length serpentine belt (due to A/C delete)
-timing chains done with rebuild
-rear main seal done with rebuild
-All other bearings/rings/gaskets, etc… replaced when motor rebuilt for turbo application (Summer 2008)
-new battery (May 2009)
-oversized red spark plug wires (from Concept-1 VW)
-ATP Turbo oil catch can
-AFE re-useable air filter
-VF Engineering front and rear engine mounts
-VF Engineering transmission mount
-the required quota of black zip-ties

Transmission:

-Quaife Synchromesh, 6-speed, close-ratio gearkit (full transmission originally assembled and purchased from HPA Motorsports)
-Quaife Limited-Slip Differential (originally purchased from HPA assembled with the above transmission)
-Spec Stage 3+ Clutch (new in late Fall 2008)
-Autotech lightened steel flywheel

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:

-K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers (Height, Rebound & 36-way Dampening Adjustable) (installed spring 2009)
-Neuspeed Front Upper Strut Tie Bar
-17x7 Mille Miglia M11 Wheels
-8mm FK spacers (front)
-5mm FK spacers (rear)
-Zimmerman Crossed-Drilled Brake Rotors front and rear (just replaced front rotors – June 2009)
-PBR Ultimate Ceramic Brake Pads front and rear (just replaced front pads, have spare rear pads – June 2009)

Exterior:

-Smoked side markers
-Smoked turn-signals/fogs
-Repainted the front bumper over the winter of 2008/2009 (No accident or anything sinister, just wanted to freshen it up from all the stone chips over the years…)
-FK De-badged front grill (The slats are painted black) (Spring 2009)
-3M Protection on entire front bumper and new grill after painting (Professionally installed by Fifth Ave VW)
-3M Protection on headlights / turn signals / fogs (Professionally installed by Fifth Ave VW)

Interior:

-Very good condition black leather interior with “puffy” doorcards. (approx. 60,000kms on the seats)
-Just installed new Redline Goods black leather shift and e-brake boots (w/ red stitching) (June 2009)
-Recently replaced steering wheel with OEM Driver’s Edition Wheel (w/ red stitching) (Spring 2009)
-AEM Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
-Greddy Profec B Spec II Electronic Boost controller
-Autometer Boost Gauge
-JVC KDAVX11 DVD deck with ipod hookup routed to center counsel. (30gb ipod if your interested.)
-2 x 10” JL subwoofers
-Soundstream Amplifier
-Aluminum door pins
-Momo pedals

The Bad:

-Fog light on driver’s side is cracked.
-Unfortunately, I had to winter drive this in the early years of ownership, so it’s got some rust bubbles starting in the usual MK3 Golf locations (rocker panel, rear quarter panel and hatch)
-Other than the front bumper and grill, it’s all original paint… so it’s got what’s expected for ten years worth of rock chips and minor scratches.
-Passenger side rear quarter has some slight scratches on lower portion due to someone scrubbing past it with their bumper in a parking lot years ago. (No dents, just surface scratches)
-Odometer is wrong. Was replaced and couldn't be set to the old odom reading.
-Wheels have a few nicks and scratches on them.

The Good:

-At Euroquake 2008 in Red Deer, dyno’d 392 hp / 344 lb torque at the wheels. (@ approx. 18psi)
-Award winner!! It took home the dyno-queen title for its above performance at Euroquake and also won second place that year at the same show for the MK3 category. A few years ago, when the car was still supercharged, it won the Das Volks Show drag racing title at Race City in Calgary.
-Yes, the car has been tracked and yes, it has been driven the way a car like this should be driven to be appreciated… BUT, it has also been very well cared for and well maintained.
-Oil and all other fluids checked and changed regularly.
-Since I’ve owned the car, I’ve only used synthetic oil.
-Claybared and waxed about a month ago.
-Calgary Autoworks has done any and all of the recent service on the car and know it very well inside and out.
-I’m the second owner and I’ve had the car since June 2000; purchased from South Centre VW with approximately 15,000 km’s on it.

Extras : I have an extra sunroof if anyone wants it, also some other stock parts.
Asking Price : 10,500 OBO Serious inquires only, NO TEST PILOTS.

Contact Information
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone : (403) 540-5784 Text preferred but calling is ok.

Pictures :http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/i20i3/library/

dubcity
10-01-2012, 12:16 PM
seems that car hasnt changed besides the hood and maybe subs? what have you put 10,000 into fixing and changing?
just curious i wanted it then and still do now just would like to know what that 10k went into
you should revise the ad aswell seeings how thats the one that was posted 2 years ago

g_wagon
10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
ill just leave this here....http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/showthread.php?16977-FS-1999-MK3-GTI-12v-VR6-TURBO&highlight=1999+gti+turbo

jonfoo
10-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by dubcity
seems that car hasnt changed besides the hood and maybe subs? what have you put 10,000 into fixing and changing?
just curious i wanted it then and still do now just would like to know what that 10k went into
you should revise the ad aswell seeings how thats the one that was posted 2 years ago

I know the owner personally, he put a ton of money into fixing wiring issues that the car had as well as replacing the front end rad support bumper etc due to it being illegally modified. The grill was painted by screaming paint works. 10k goes fast when you get all your work done by top end companies. He wouldn't sell it without the car being 100% so hes taking a huge loss

I20I3
10-09-2012, 12:17 PM
*Bump*