PDA

View Full Version : Now that Demonoid is gone..

funkedelic2
09-23-2012, 05:22 AM
What torrent site do you use to download movies or tv shows? I loved Denonoid. Before that, I used piratebay but I never liked it.

I have a ton of shows to download, which site do you guys recommend?

brucebanner
09-23-2012, 06:24 AM
I use pirate bay to search and vuze to download. Works well for me. :dunno:

Darell_n
09-23-2012, 07:35 AM
TorrentDay for the last few years. Great speeds and no crap to sort through.

C_Dave45
09-23-2012, 07:49 AM
I still use isohunt. The review icons help weed out any bad torrents. I don't get the fastest speeds. 500- 1mbs, but I'm also on Shaw's slowest package. Works for me.

WhippWhapp
09-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
I still use isohunt. The review icons help weed out any bad torrents. I don't get the fastest speeds. 500- 1mbs, but I'm also on Shaw's slowest package. Works for me.

Isohunt and tpb serve all my needs, the reviews are the best part.

jacky4566
09-23-2012, 10:56 AM
http://torrentz.eu/
all in one search engine that doesnt actually have any files they just show you where to go. Really easy to use.

natty54
09-23-2012, 01:00 PM
I use www.speed.cd

Its invite only though. Sometimes they have a free sign up or give out invites. Other than that I can donate $10 and get 1 invite

nonofyobiz
09-25-2012, 08:18 PM
+1 TorrentDay . awesome site. private trackers are the shizz

schocker
09-25-2012, 09:33 PM
I switched to usenet, it will change your life :rofl:

v2kai
09-26-2012, 03:06 PM
anyone have a torrentday invite they could PM my way? TIA:thumbsup:

quick_scar
09-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by v2kai
anyone have a torrentday invite they could PM my way?

This...... If anyone has one, please send one my way. Thank you.

Gman.45
09-29-2012, 04:07 AM
I have one Torrentday invite available. Shoot me a PM if anyone wants it.

Edit- given away to a good beyonder. Always happy to return one of the many favors I have received from a remarkable local community, excepting FraserB of course.

FixedGear
09-29-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm looking for a torrentday invite if anyone has one. I see that one can also pay for a membership, which I would totally do, but I'd really like to see what it's like before I pay for it. They should offer free trial accounts, or at least let you see what torrents are available before you buy. Anyhow, if anyone has an extra invite, I'd appreciate it! :thumbsup:

funkedelic2
09-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Would also appreciate a torrentday invite over here! Pm me, thanks! :D

DeeK
09-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Also looking for torrentday invite. TIA

nonofyobiz
09-30-2012, 03:58 PM
I have one invite for TD, first one to PM their email gets it.

EDIT: gone!

I'll post again if I get anymore

nagooro
09-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Would also like an invite if someone has one. Thanks

codetrap
09-30-2012, 09:01 PM
kat.ph and ISOhunt.

Dirty_SOHC
09-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Anyone have a torrentday invite they could PM my way?

JMaj7
10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
I got a revolution invite (one of the best trackers out there) i'd like to trade for a torrentday..or any tracker that has rare torrents like demonoid did... pm me with what you got

rated_R
10-01-2012, 12:59 PM
www.h33t.com to search and Vuze to download :thumbsup:

spikerS
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
I would be happy to get another revolutiontt invite. I went on vacation and my account got deleted due to inactivity.

And you don't have to worry about my ratio, as I donate to get upload credits.

I just need to find a good place to get PBS kids torrents to load on the media player in the truck to keep the rug rats quiet in the back seat.

taemo
10-01-2012, 01:28 PM
I have 3 revolutiontt invite if anyone wants them.
PM me your email address

spikerS
10-02-2012, 08:47 AM
thanks for the rev invite Taemo, and true to my word, already donated for GB upload credit so you don't have to worry about my ratio, your account is safe good sir! :thumbsup:

spikerS
10-02-2012, 08:50 AM
and now that demonoid is gone, I am having a hard time finding some torrents. If anyone can find me the following, please let me know.

PBS kids "Chuck Vanderchuck"
imagination movers
wild kratts
PBS kids "electric company"

aaronck
10-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Bump, would love an invite to a decent music site if anyone has one, I may be able to repay with a preto.me if I can figure out how to do it

Gman.45
10-29-2012, 11:00 PM
I have another TorrentDay free invite for anyone that wants access to this site.

I've found it to be surprisingly decent, and not once have I gotten a bum torrent or virus warning. They seem to do a fairly decent job of vetting their content, and was well worth the modest fee I had to pay to join up, and they've given me 3 free invites so far to boot. Speed wise, every single torrent I've selected to download has gone to full blast on my ISP, which is only 2.5 dsl right now, but I'm getting 600k or very close to it for single d/l. I'm sure once my sasktel fiber gets here next month and I get the 100mbit it'll be much faster, I'll report the results then.

Anyhow, first come, first served, just shoot me a PM. I'll also need your Email address as that's how Torrentday does it, I enter your email in a box in my account, and then THEY send you the invite. I have no idea on how much if any stuff they will send you, I so far have received absolutely NO spam or email of any kind from their site. As I said, I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

EDIT*** - Free invite is on the way to the winner. I'm joining premium for a few months, so I'll have about 6 more to send out next week. I'm keeping the names of those 5 guys who didn't get one this time, and I'll PM you in order received to see if you want one still before I advertise free ones again.

ExtraSlow
05-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Bump from the dead let you all know demonoid is back. I haven't tested it yet, just got this email:

We have all read the same news stories: The Demonoid servers shut down and seized in the Ukraine. The Demonoid admin team detained in Mexico. The demonoid.me domain snatched and put up for sale. The Demonoid trackers back online in Hong Kong, but then disappearing.

We all wanted to believe that Demonoid would be resurrected once again; but it seems that these events have spelled the end of Demonoid as we have always known it. We all waited to see if Demonoid would return, though its now clear that this time its really gone.

Now for some good news: The heart and soul of Demonoid lives on!
Through an amazing sequence of unlikely events, the data on those Ukrainian servers has made its way into the safe hands of members of our community and has now been re-launched as d2.vu

Invitations to return are being sent out only to existing Demonoid members, which is the reason you have received this email. For the foreseeable future d2.vu will remain a semi-private site and no new invitations to join will be issued until we are certain that the system is stable. To login, click here and authenticate using your old Demonoid username and password.

Demonoid may be gone, but the community lives on at d2! Welcome home!

Sincerely,
admin

schocker
05-11-2013, 08:26 AM
I thought they shut it down again because it was a phishing thing

ExtraSlow
05-11-2013, 08:56 AM
I dunno, the site looks legit. I haven't downloaded anything yet. Seems like they don't have a huge selection of torrents yet.

schocker
05-11-2013, 04:13 PM
I had just read something on reddit about it, can't find a link right now. I still just use piratebay or isohunt for stuff I cant find on usenet.

st184
05-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Torrent day invite here too if anyone can spare one. I gave away many demonoid invites to beyond back in the day.

schocker
05-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by st184
Torrent day invite here too if anyone can spare one. I gave away many demonoid invites to beyond back in the day.
Torrent day shows you must donate to get an invite now. I can invite you to xspeeds.com if you want

Tej.S
05-12-2013, 08:32 PM
If anyone has an invite code to some good torrent sites, I'd really appreciate it if you could send one my way :D I know back in the day, I used kickasstorrents (http://kat.ph/)

schocker
05-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Tej.S
If anyone has an invite code to some good torrent sites, I'd really appreciate it if you could send one my way :D I know back in the day, I used kickasstorrents (http://kat.ph/)
Well I can send you an invite but you have to see otherwise you get banned

jacky4566
05-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I have invites to PreToMe if anyone wants. Super awesome private community. PM for an invite.

Gman.45
08-23-2013, 02:30 AM
I have 2 Torrentday Invites available if anybody wants/needs them. Just PM me your email address you want to use, as that's what I have to enter on their site in order for them to send you the access info.

First come first serve.