PDA

View Full Version : Donate old sporting equipment

A|pine
09-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Hey guys,

I have some out of date equipment I'd like to donate (roller blades, shoulder pads, etc.) Do you know where in Calgary they accept these? I don't want to deal with the hassle of Kijiji but would like to have the 'feel good feeling' knowing someone who needs it will be putting it to good use.

Thanks!

swak
09-23-2012, 12:55 PM
*Subscribed!

I'd too like to know if theres an organization that deals with this!
Id be strongly interested.

TomcoPDR
09-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Value village would be my closest suggestion. I remember in the old days there was sports swap, you pretty much get a chance to consign it with them. Then after a year (if it hasn't sold) I just kinda take it as a loss and let the store keep it in their inventory.

Guess there's Play Again Sports or something

calgaryrally88
09-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Try Calgary GoodWill before VV or Play it again.

SKR
09-23-2012, 05:14 PM
I plan on giving whatever I can to my local minor hockey association. I have some stuff that's in good shape, but probably not worth trying to sell. Might as well give it directly to someone who is going to use it, if you're not looking to make any money off it yourself.

Edit: As long as it's not just old junk. I got a basically free pair of pads when I first started playing goalie, and I think they probably held me back and made me develop a lot of bad habits.