PDA

View Full Version : Establishing LLC in the USA

Feruk
09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Anyone have any experience seeing up an LLC? Any tips? Basically I need to get an EIN number or Social Security number. Not sure how else to go about it. Looking to find a cheap way to do it (cheapest I've found is ~$750ish). As well, if you register an LLC in one state, can you do business in another?

Feruk
09-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Anyone?? Nobody here has a business that sells in the USA?

e36bmw///
09-27-2012, 01:25 PM
nm

roopi
09-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Feruk
Anyone have any experience seeing up an LLC? Any tips? Basically I need to get an EIN number or Social Security number. Not sure how else to go about it. Looking to find a cheap way to do it (cheapest I've found is ~$750ish). As well, if you register an LLC in one state, can you do business in another?

$750.00 is definately on the high side. After searching for a few minutes it seems like $125 - $250 is the norm. As for registering in one state and doing business in another this is ok to do however there are certain limitations to this. Here is a quick read to give you an idea of what you should be aware of and what to look into.

http://www.zimbio.com/Hector+Barreto+-+Small+Business+Administration/articles/5/Shoudn+t+Set+Up+LLC+Nevada+Delaware

e31
09-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Do you already have a business in Canada? What's the reason for registering in the US? I deal with American customers all the time without much problem (other than the language barrier sometimes).

Feruk
09-28-2012, 09:27 AM
No business in Canada, no business in the USA. I need an EIN number. LLC seems like the easiest way to get it as well as providing some liability limits.

thetransporter
09-30-2012, 11:17 PM
my friend started up a few companies in the US.. from Calgary. its easy.. he even gets to have US insurance on his car since he is in the US a lot.....

dont waste your time just phone up the IRS and get a EIN . or a tax id.