PDA

View Full Version : Priceless Kijiji Ad

Lubu
09-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Thought I would share this with you guys. Has to be one fo the funniest Kijiji ads in a long time :rofl:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-other-Worth-a-Try-lol-W0QQAdIdZ416750547

Wanted: Worth a Try lol
Watch | Share | Print | Report Ad
Date Listed 24-Sep-12
Price Free
Address Calgary, AB T3J 4N9, Canada
View map
Looking for someone who loves cars and has way, way, way more money than me. No I am not looking for a date! No hard luck story here or soppy reason why's, just looking for someone with an extra $35K to give so a guy can get his dream car. No Ferrari's or 'Vettes just a Pontiac G8 GT, GXP would be cooler if you are being generous. I love the car and being a garage Hot Rodder I figured I would at least try to see if someone is feeling generous could give me one or the cash to buy one.

Not looking to meet or get 3 M'd (mugged/molested/murdered) however if you are serious you could interac email me the money or tell me where to pick it up.

Again if you have the extra cash, love how cars make you feel and want to see a grown man have a perma grin on his face forever please help buy me the car. Ps afterwards we can work on our cars together and do the cruise down the strip.

Many Thanks.

This ad was posted with the Kijiji mobile app.

Canmorite
09-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Funniest part: Pontiac G8 GT :rofl:

Tik-Tok
09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
For some reason while reading that, I had a newfie voice over in my head.

blitz
09-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite

The G8 GT GXP are 400 HP+ RWD with 6spd manual...

civic_stylez
09-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Is this the low brow hillbilly version of a nigerian email scam?

ka-t240sx
09-25-2012, 12:10 PM
haha did you see where the map address is...
taradale LOL.

no offense to anyone who lives up there..

Graham_A_M
09-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Those cars are fucking sweet. 400hp LS2, with the 6speed T56 tranny. That engine can do wicked HP with just bolt ons, and that tranny can handle 700hp/TQ bone stock. Yet it can still get over 30mpg easily.
Basically Canada's version of the Pontiac GTO, only a 4dr version.
I'd love to have one as a daily driver.

artieg30
09-25-2012, 03:25 PM
I have quite the respect for the G8 GT, it's funny how people are so quick to dismiss the car being it's a domestic or that it's simply a pontiac....

Just a refresher for all of you, this car is a Holden Commodore re-badged with Pontiac emblems. I believe car and driver did a review of this car a long time ago and said that it had very similar handling characteristics of the BMW 5 series for literally half the price.

Both power and handling are terrific traits of this car and i think it'd be the perfect sleeper!

corsvette
09-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Next year Chevy's coming out with the SS sedan, this is a version of the freshened Commodore, so if you missed the boat getting a G8 GT you'll have another chance. I agree the G8 had pretty awesome performance for the money.

94boosted
09-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Guy I work with has a white G8 GXP, totally a sleeper until he puts his fut down :burnout: I'd take one over the previous gen 300C SRT-8 or Charger SRT-8 any day of the week.

7thgenvic
09-25-2012, 05:13 PM
What a ad! Someone should respond!

btimbit
09-25-2012, 06:13 PM
My next car will probably be a GTO/Monaro. Like said, people are too quick to dismiss these cars because it says Pontiac on it

90_Shelby
09-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Those cars are fucking sweet. 400hp LS2, with the 6speed T56 tranny. That engine can do wicked HP with just bolt ons, and that tranny can handle 700hp/TQ bone stock. Yet it can still get over 30mpg easily.
Basically Canada's version of the Pontiac GTO, only a 4dr version.
I'd love to have one as a daily driver.

The Pontiac G8 GT was only ever offered with an automatic and a 360hp LS2.
The G8 GXP was however offered with a 6 speed manual or auto and a 425hp LS3, unfortunately they only made approximately 1800 GXP's and only 6 were made for Canada. Not sure how many have been imported from the states though.

Graham_A_M
09-25-2012, 07:10 PM
^ Thanks. I never got too much of a chance to look into them. Great to know.
:thumbsup:

corsvette
09-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby

The Pontiac G8 GT was only ever offered with an automatic and a 360hp LS2.
The G8 GXP was however offered with a 6 speed manual or auto and a 425hp LS3, unfortunately they only made approximately 1800 GXP's and only 6 were made for Canada. Not sure how many have been imported from the states though.

Theres a red GXP down the street from me, I knew they were rare but did not know only 6 came here. I think this ones from the states anyway as this guy has a few other neat cars with Arizona plates.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-25-2012, 07:30 PM
I know of one customer at work who has a G8 GXP.

ExtraSlow
09-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Avis in Calgary got a couple Pontiac G8 GT's back in 2009. Not sure if that was some kind of mix-up or what. I sweet talked the folks there into renting me one for a weekend for an economy price.
Bagged the snot out of it with two trips to the mountains, numerous burnouts, and one memorable trip down the Sibbald road in a snowstorm doing my best rally dorifo impression. Thank goodness the stability control kicked in on several of the corners, or I'm sure my corpse would be at the bottom of some ravine. I ain't no Colin MacRae.

In short, fun cars, and not something to be sneered at.