PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Gyms

shakalaka
09-27-2012, 11:10 PM
So, this question is for guys that are from Edmonton, or at least know enough about Edmonton to help me out here.

I moved to Edmonton about 6 or so months ago and had membership at the Terwillegar Rec Centre when I lived in Terwillegar.

I recently got my own place and moved downtown at 104 ave and 105 st. I am looking for a good gym to join around this area. I guess it doesn't need to be right beside here as I can drive around, but I would prefer something not too far. I am right opposite to Grant Mac, but not sure if non-students can join their gym and if they have particular hours reserved for public use and all that.

I am open to whatever other options that I might have at my disposal. Thanks guys!

lil*tymer
09-28-2012, 01:22 AM
Downtown YMCA is alright, but has a lot of kids and they tend to clog up the flow.

I like Kinsmen, Just across the river under the High Level Bridge. Probably similar to Terwiliger, Large track, tennis courts, pool, and 2 weight rooms.

dj_rice
09-28-2012, 06:42 AM
Theres a World Health on Jasper Ave.

Markll7
09-28-2012, 07:39 AM
Which one has the hottest chicks ?:poosie:

ipeefreely
09-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I recently got my own place and moved downtown at 104 ave and 105 st. I am looking for a good gym to join around this area. I guess it doesn't need to be right beside here as I can drive around, but I would prefer something not too far. I am right opposite to Grant Mac, but not sure if non-students can join their gym and if they have particular hours reserved for public use and all that.

Grant Mac open to the public... Membership Rates (http://www.macewan.ca/wcm/CampusServices/SportandWellness/GeneralInformation/MembershipRates/index.htm#1)

If you live right next to it might as well just go there. I haven't been in a few years but it pretty nice... lots of eye candy too! :love:

I'd suggest going in the evening as it gets pretty busy during the peak hours (like most gyms).

littledan
09-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Definitely go to gmac if you want to scope on hot chicks! There is also a WHC at the city centre mall. That is where I go as they have an executive locker room available with a pimpin steam room. But it is expensive ~$60/mo reg and ~$100/mo executive. There's a whc on jasper and 103st as well, but it is older and run down. Gmac is currently undergoing a nice renovation, and they also have different courses avail such as muay thai if you are interested.

shakalaka
09-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Grant Mac is deff one of the options I am considering as it's literally right across the street. I am thinking of long run, once it starts snowing, it would be a lot easier to just drop in.

Only concern is though if Grant Mac has only certain times that they are open to public and reserved at others for various teams or whatever? Can't find that info on their site.

ipeefreely
09-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Only concern is though if Grant Mac has only certain times that they are open to public and reserved at others for various teams or whatever? Can't find that info on their site.

I believe you can go at any time (I think I did or just at lunch you might not be allowed :dunno: ).

I'd call and ask though, it's really busy so you’re better off going in the evening anyway.

shakalaka
09-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I'd most likely be going in the evening regardless, after getting back from work, or really early in the morning, like 5'ish.

I think I need to go there and talk to them to get all the details.

ipeefreely
09-28-2012, 05:19 PM
I'd most likely be going in the evening regardless, after getting back from work, or really early in the morning, like 5'ish.

I think I need to go there and talk to them to get all the details.

That a good idea... better than going off my information from when I went there regularly 14 years ago! :rofl: