PDA

View Full Version : free/cheap parking, for sait students?

Ali20
09-28-2012, 12:27 AM
i was planning on finding out wear the sears is and park there since I heard everyone does it but found out that people started getting ticketed.

where should i park? im willing to walk to campus a bit, doesnt matter if i gotta park far.

My_name_is_Rob
09-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Pretty much anywhere is free north of 24th ave, and its only about a 10 minute walk. 15 some days. :zzz:

RNB11
09-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Home Depot

Lex350
09-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Ok the word you are looking for is "where". Perhaps a bit more school before going to SAIT.

Anyway....yes, Sears does give people tickets for parking on their lot. They seems to do it in waves though. You might get away with it for a month and then they go crazy with it for a couple of weeks.

.jl-
09-28-2012, 08:49 AM
I parked at the $3 parkplus lot south of the Jubilee parking lot down the hill when I went to SAIT

ducaudi
09-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Go up 10th ST North and turn left on either 18th, 19th Ave. Free 2hr parking there. Should be plenty of space.

Ali20
09-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob
Pretty much anywhere is free north of 24th ave, and its only about a 10 minute walk. 15 some days. :zzz:

that sounds good, but what is it specifically? is it a mall where i'd park or what?

Originally posted by RNB11
Home Depot

I've read on this site, that people were getting ticketed there too, any more info?

Originally posted by ducaudi
Go up 10th ST North and turn left on either 18th, 19th Ave. Free 2hr parking there. Should be plenty of space.

2 hr parking? i wish. My class will be from 9-4 pm M-F.

bignerd
09-28-2012, 03:26 PM
21 Avenue and 9 Street NW, in behind the little school that is on 10 street there is lot of parking that does not require a pass or limited by hours. If this block is full sometimes you have to go down to 8 street.

Just watch how close you park to fire hydrants and driveways etc...

Again a 10-15 minute walk to SAIT.

Also depending how you drive to SAIT, if you come up the 10 street hill through Confederation park, watch your speed in the school zone, the cops ALWAYS sit at the top of the hill, either at the church and catch speeders going up the hill, or behind the pizza shop and catch speeders in the school zone.

RNB11
09-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Ali20

that sounds good, but what is it specifically? is it a mall where i'd park or what?

I've read on this site, that people were getting ticketed there too, any more info?

2 hr parking? i wish. My class will be from 9-4 pm M-F.

Home depot has been safe this year! Not too bad of a walk, just go over the overpass and through the mall.

Ali20
09-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
21 Avenue and 9 Street NW, in behind the little school that is on 10 street there is lot of parking that does not require a pass or limited by hours. If this block is full sometimes you have to go down to 8 street.

Just watch how close you park to fire hydrants and driveways etc...

Again a 10-15 minute walk to SAIT.

Also depending how you drive to SAIT, if you come up the 10 street hill through Confederation park, watch your speed in the school zone, the cops ALWAYS sit at the top of the hill, either at the church and catch speeders going up the hill, or behind the pizza shop and catch speeders in the school zone.

thanks a lot man, im a new driver so am not familiar with the address but will definitely try to GPS it and see where it is.

Originally posted by RNB11

Home depot has been safe this year! Not too bad of a walk, just go over the overpass and through the mall.

Thanks, is the home depot on the way before the sait campus?

swak
09-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Home depot is west of Sait. 16th ave (highway 1) and 19th street.

I'm guessing you're new to the city? Welcome!
But, just gotta check out the area - drive around look at parking limitation signs in the communities surrounding (I know you'll find something).

Originally posted by rotten42
Ok the word you are looking for is "where". Perhaps a bit more school before going to SAIT.

Anyway....yes, Sears does give people tickets for parking on their lot. They seems to do it in waves though. You might get away with it for a month and then they go crazy with it for a couple of weeks.

Perhaps this would be like the pot calling the kettle black...

schocker
09-29-2012, 10:50 AM
If you have to keep driving further and further away it might be better to drive to the train since you already pay for it :dunno:

speedog
09-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by swak
Perhaps this would be like the pot calling the kettle black...
Good catch there, but the OP would still appear to be lacking somewhat in their spelling and sentence structure skills.

I mean really - when exactly did "im" become a word?

Example - "where should i park? im willing to walk to campus a bit, doesnt matter if i gotta park far" could have read "Where should I park? I'm willing to walk to campus a bit, doesn't matter if I have to park far away."

Really, if one's ability to express themselves in print has degraded to this point, then how does one expect to pass a class at SAIT or even get a decent job - I know that your chances at getting hired at our shop would be nil if this is how your resume looked. People should be able to properly express themselves in both an oral and written fashion, no?

Power_Of_Rotary
09-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by speedog

Good catch there, but the OP would still appear to be lacking somewhat in their spelling and sentence structure skills.

Example - "where should i park? im willing to walk to campus a bit, doesnt matter if i gotta park far" could have read "Where should I park? I'm willing to walk to campus a bit, doesn't matter if I have to park far away."

Really, if one's ability to express themselves in print has degraded to this point, then how does one expect to pass a class at SAIT or even get a decent job - I know that your chances at getting hired at our shop would be nil if this is how your resume looked. People should be able to properly express themselves in both an oral and written fashion, no?

I would not hire someone who takes internet grammar to seriously. Wouldnt be very fun to work with IMO

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Home Derpot

Ali20
09-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by speedog

go away, sir.

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Home Derpot

thanks, someone else in this thread also said home depot, so i'll definitely get the address for it.

ipeefreely
09-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Check out the area on Google Street View.... that would be the easiest way IMO... :dunno:

speedog
09-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Boo hoo, the kiddies don't like being called out.

Canmorite
09-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ipeefreely
Check out the area on Google Street View.... that would be the easiest way IMO... :dunno:

That's what I did when I went there. Easiest way I think :dunno: