PDA

View Full Version : "Vinny Ten" discusses tuner shops and shitty customers - Good video

Sentry
09-30-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.thatvideomagazine.com/newyork/autos/vinny-ten-racing

He makes a good point about asking questions to make sure he ends up working on vehicles of responsible customers, and not just customers with money who will displace blame at the first problem they encounter. Lotta shit bags out there, and they don't make running shops like these easy.

Hallowed_point
09-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Awesome post Sentry!! I really enjoyed that. :thumbsup: :burnout:

I'm surprised that Toma doesn't have a video similar to this!

Redlyne_mr2
10-01-2012, 01:19 AM
so true

eglove
10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
nice share

Jsen-DC2
10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Makes me proud of what i do :clap:

Disoblige
10-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Love it. Thanks for sharing.

sputnik
10-01-2012, 02:19 PM
take a shot when you hear...

"and at the end of the day"

rage2
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Funny how he bitches about taking 3 days to get a call back from a vendor, and yet he does the same thing at the end of the video, bitching about phone calls. :rofl:

He's got a bit of a point, but he's just bitter and angry, and doesn't know a thing about internet marketing, because he's too stubborn to embrace it. I see tons of skilled guys that lack online marketing skills rant about the same stuff.

Cos
10-01-2012, 08:40 PM

HO2S
10-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Funny how he bitches about taking 3 days to get a call back from a vendor, and yet he does the same thing at the end of the video, bitching about phone calls. :rofl:

He's got a bit of a point, but he's just bitter and angry, and doesn't know a thing about internet marketing, because he's too stubborn to embrace it. I see tons of skilled guys that lack online marketing skills rant about the same stuff.
It's not about internet marketing, it's about poorly educated customers that make poor decisions with their cars and try to pass the blame off. A lot of people don't understand how labor rates are formulated, its not a number pulled out of a hat. Its usually a good indication of how knowledgeable and how equipped a shop is. You cannot pay a good tech $30 to $40 an hour and have up to date equipment and charge $89 door rate.
So some one calls around and finds the cheapest bidder then gets pissed off because his shit gets fucked up. It sucks dealing with some hacked up pos so when you finally take it to a good shop they charge you out the ass because the tech doesn't want to touch it. Its not just tuning shops, its in any type of automotive shop.
This guy speaks the truth, and im positive every tech on this plant will agree with him.

Maxx Mazda
10-02-2012, 08:41 AM
I actually liked that video. Agreed with it.

:dunno:

AA2001
10-02-2012, 10:31 AM
awesome vid. Thanks for that!