PDA

View Full Version : Silvia

Mike09
02-10-2004, 06:43 PM
HAHA, I finally got my Nissan Silvia, it's awesome. I don't have fresh pic's to post but here's a link to some. I'm so excited. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100008/
BTW. Prop's to Import Concern for getting me this Car.
Awesome people and if I imported another car I'd definatly use them.:thumbsup:

EK 2.0
02-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Congrats Bro...enjoy the Nissaness...

sxtasy
02-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Awesome...congratulations, get some pics up here quick:thumbsup:

Idratherbsidewayz
02-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Thats awesome... Props to you, first S13 Silvia in Calgary?

hjr
02-10-2004, 06:53 PM
shhhhhhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Too bad your missing 200cc's and a blowdryer. haha. just kiddin ya dude.

Mike09
02-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Na I'm going to Get a CA18DET throw'n in there later this year.

Redlyne_mr2
02-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Nice man congrats, hehe careful on those left hand turns

LudeRoca
02-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Thats awsome man. Congrats. How is it to drive a RHD car

illeagle
02-10-2004, 07:17 PM
bring a buddy when you go in the drive thru

finboy
02-10-2004, 07:26 PM
might also want to be careful on 2 lane highways, passing'll be a bitch.

congrats

Mike09
02-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
Thats awsome man. Congrats. How is it to drive a RHD car Easy, not hard to get used to at all. A few small thing's like signaling and trying to look threw the rear-viem mirror only to see an A-pillar cause I keep looking right.

Originally posted by illeagle
bring a buddy when you go in the drive thru
NA just go threw in reverse.

Hollywood
02-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Mike09
Na I'm going to Get a CA18DET throw'n in there later this year.

Whats the point of that? Seems like a waste to me, why not import the a silvia with CA18DET already in it?

Mike09
02-10-2004, 07:54 PM
For the money I had it just wasn't possible at the time.

nosegrindR
02-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

Whats the point of that? Seems like a waste to me, why not import the a silvia with CA18DET already in it?

true true, or better yet, should bought it preswapped with an sr20 and swapped your Q's bumper with a K's bumper.

blinkme_210
02-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Nonetheless, a Silvia is awesome already in my books :D Congrats, and get those pics up fast.

Hollywood
02-10-2004, 09:10 PM
For the money I had it just wasn't possible at the time.

Ya but you said u are going to swap later this year? It will end being more money in the long run, not to mention Hassel and vehicle downtime.

It's your own money and it's too late now but, really it was a silly choice to do it this way. You got the car from japan might has well imported the "right" car.

You might say why is this guy being a dick about this, it's because I have gone through the swap first hand and if I had the choice to get my car imported with the SR stock.....then it would have saved a lot of annoyance.

blinkme_210
02-10-2004, 09:16 PM
:werd:

mx73someday
02-10-2004, 10:07 PM

Ya but you said u are going to swap later this year? It will end being more money in the long run, not to mention Hassel and vehicle downtime.

It's your own money and it's too late now but, really it was a silly choice to do it this way. You got the car from japan might has well imported the "right" car.

You might say why is this guy being a dick about this, it's because I have gone through the swap first hand and if I had the choice to get my car imported with the SR stock.....then it would have saved a lot of annoyance.

You might as well tell anyone who bought a 240SX that they wasted their money when they could've just bought a Silvia K's or 180SX. How many 240SXs can you find that have under 100,000 kms?

And don't tell me about how RHD is a hassle and how the CA18DET sucks.

redbaron303
02-10-2004, 10:14 PM
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the car Mike. It was a sweet looking/feeling ride for the whole ~40km we put on it.

Save the tires for summer, I want to see a JDM smoke show ;)

Mike09
02-10-2004, 10:22 PM

Ok but i can do the swap myself, the downtime is not an issue as it won't be long, and I'd rather a CA turbo over an SR, And the price I paid was great anyways as it was only $300 more than my first 240sx. So i'd say it was well worth it!!!

Hollywood
02-10-2004, 10:44 PM

Ok but i can do the swap myself, the downtime is not an issue as it won't be long, and the SR motor is not the best motor IMO, and I'd rather a CA turbo over an SR anyday. And the price I paid was great anyways as it was only $300 more than my first 240sx. So i'd say it was well worth it!!!

All I said was said to get a CA18DET over the DE. I never said the SR was the best motor, thats just what I was compairing to my car which i swapped it in. But since you brought it up. The SR is a better motor for many reasons, some mechanically some logistically. To say otherwise is a lack of knowledge.

But I would be happy with a JDM silvia CA18DET, nothing wrong with that.

Mike09
02-10-2004, 10:46 PM
OK, either way.:thumbsup:

cappachihngo
02-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Yo congrats man. and have fun wit the engine swap...:clap:

awddrifter
02-10-2004, 11:19 PM
Even though its not a K's, I've always liked silvias. Nice car :thumbsup:

nosegrindR
02-10-2004, 11:38 PM

All I said was said to get a CA18DET over the DE. I never said the SR was the best motor, thats just what I was compairing to my car which i swapped it in. But since you brought it up. The SR is a better motor for many reasons, some mechanically some logistically. To say otherwise is a lack of knowledge.

But I would be happy with a JDM silvia CA18DET, nothing wrong with that.

sr20 = 5050 weight ratio

Hollywood
02-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday

You might as well tell anyone who bought a 240SX that they wasted their money when they could've just bought a Silvia K's or 180SX. How many 240SXs can you find that have under 100,000 kms?

You can not import a s14. So what are you talking about.

thich
02-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by nosegrindR

sr20 = 5050 weight ratio

so is a ca18det... :rolleyes:

mike, keep us updated on the swap later on... good stuff man :thumbsup:

kevie88
02-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Nice car Mike! :bigpimp:

Mike09
02-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Thanks all:thumbsup:

heavyD
02-11-2004, 10:57 AM

I'm glad the guy is happy with his car as that is what really counts but honestly I don't see what the deal is with these cars. They are all ugly inside and out, only the SR engined ones are quick (not fast). If you really want RWD, why don't yo get a Mustang?

Akagi Redsuns
02-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Reminds of people that buy a NA RX-7, NA MR2, NA Supra and NA 300ZX with plans to swap in a turbo motor. Nothing wront with that, but I prefer just get the tubo model of the car that I want. Mind you with the Silvia, it's hard enough to get so I can understand that.

You are comparing a Mustang to a Silvia? Sure it's faster in the straight line, but wait till you get to a corner.

ninjak84
02-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Nice ride!

I hope the car sees some aftermarket now that you have it :D

ExtremeSi
02-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I'm glad the guy is happy with his car as that is what really counts but honestly I don't see what the deal is with these cars. They are all ugly inside and out, only the SR engined ones are quick (not fast). If you really want RWD, why don't yo get a Mustang?

Well like you said all that really counts is that he's happy with it. I know I wouldn't mind ownind a RHD drive car for the novelty of it, not to mention he probably got it at a killer deal.
Ugly is subjective, I think Mustangs are ugly inside and out. Plus Mustangs and SR20s both have huge potential to be fast, but as Akagi said 240s are known for their handling with 50/50 weight distribution. But in the end it all comes down to what you really like. I can bet there's no way you'll ever stop liking the Mustang and no way Mike09 will stop liking silvias.

heavyD
02-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi

Well like you said all that really counts is that he's happy with it. I know I wouldn't mind ownind a RHD drive car for the novelty of it, not to mention he probably got it at a killer deal.
Ugly is subjective, I think Mustangs are ugly inside and out. Plus Mustangs and SR20s both have huge potential to be fast, but as Akagi said 240s are known for their handling with 50/50 weight distribution. But in the end it all comes down to what you really like. I can bet there's no way you'll ever stop liking the Mustang and no way Mike09 will stop liking silvias.

Actually, I hate Mustangs more. All 90+ versions are ugly inside and out, the 4.6L V8 is a crappy truck engine, reliability is poor and most importantly; it's a Ford! It was just an example of a cheap & readily available RWD car. I just think for all the shit you have to go through just to bring a car into the country from Japan you should shoot higher than that.

ZorroAMG
02-11-2004, 05:03 PM
You don't understand people's admiration/love/desire for a certain car i guess. It's not about having a RWD car, it's about having a Silvia, for these people. They want the car so they buy it, kinda a cult car that is well respected and sought after by many nissan fans.

I myself would love to buy a 1992 500E Mercedes because of it's many rarities, you would look at that car next to mine and not realize that brand new the 500E cost 50,000 more than mine. For true MB performance enthusiasts, that is a top car to own.

Same thing in Nissan's world i guess...

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-11-2004, 05:05 PM

he didnt mention an s14 any ware in his post... unless you think he was talking about an s14 when he said Silvia K's... lol:rofl:

jdms13rhd
02-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey man thats cool that you got a silvia, I drive one myself, real fun cars. So now your known that you got the first one in Calgary and me for lethbridge. We should meet some time and exchange ideas. It would be nice to know someone else that has a Silvia. We are having another one shipped to Lethbridge in 3 weeks. My names Allen, pm me:burnout: :burnout: or e-mail me at [email protected]

Ben
02-11-2004, 05:15 PM

blah blah blah

Almost all of your posts thus far on this forum are based on practicality to make power and go fast, however, not everyone likes the looks of the cars you do and vice versa, and not everyone is out there to run the fastest 1/4 mile in history, some people have other goals in mind, so if you cant accept this, then "get your walk on".

There are reasons that peple buy cars that are not IDEAL for power, because they can, because they like the looks better and because its different.

A real car enthusiast would understand and appreciate that, not insult and belittle them on a choice of transportation.

nosegrindR
02-11-2004, 05:17 PM

k's silvia is not an s14, what are you talking about

habsfan
02-11-2004, 05:40 PM
sweet ass silvia mike. one question though. how much ~ did it cost to import it, cause a rhd silvia would be a dream come true for me.:drool:

Mike09
02-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
sweet ass silvia mike. one question though. how much ~ did it cost to import it, cause a rhd silvia would be a dream come true for me.:drool:
Talk to import concern, they will hook you up.
That's who I used.

Mike09
02-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi
. But in the end it all comes down to what you really like. I can bet there's no way you'll ever stop liking the Mustang and no way Mike09 will stop liking silvias.
True true, Third Nissan 240sx/silvia. Two previous were 240sx's.

Mike09
02-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Almost all of your posts thus far on this forum are based on practicality to make power and go fast, however, not everyone likes the looks of the cars you do and vice versa, and not everyone is out there to run the fastest 1/4 mile in history, some people have other goals in mind, so if you cant accept this, then "get your walk on".

There are reasons that peple buy cars that are not IDEAL for power, because they can, because they like the looks better and because its different.

A real car enthusiast would understand and appreciate that, not insult and belittle them on a choice of transportation.
^^^ thanks

Hollywood
02-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9
he didnt mention an s14 any ware in his post... unless you think he was talking about an s14 when he said Silvia K's... lol:rofl:

Originally posted by nosegrindR

k's silvia is not an s14, what are you talking about

You guys are dummies. Read and understand.

You might as well tell anyone who bought a 240SX that they wasted their money when they could've just bought a Silvia K's or 180SX.

He said "anyone who bought a 240sx" (which then represents s13's and s14's as they are both 240sx's)

What I was convaying is how would I be wasting my money because I bought a car that currently can not be imported ie:I own an s14 240sx and one cannot import a s14 silvia.

Mike09
02-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Can we please end the arguing in this thread. :drama:

/////AMG
02-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Nice ride man! Congrat son a successful import!

method
02-11-2004, 08:54 PM
way to be.
glad it worked out.

DeathBy240
02-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Nice car man. Hope to see you around this summer at some Nissan meets.

redbaron303
02-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Hollywood, you seem like a good guy from when I've talked to you before, but don't let the fact that you have an SR powered 240 go to your head. I respect you and your car, there is no need to be putting down anyone in this post about a choice they made or could have made, it was their decision, they're happy with it, and we're all enthusiasts aren't we? Can't we all just get along?

I think what MX73Someday was refering to is the comment you made about how much more downtime and costly it would be to do what Mike09 is planning, which is where the comment about the 240sx came up & I know he's well aware that you can not import an S14 at this point. It's a silly argument really though.... I just feel buying JDM will typically save you the time and efforts of a swap on some models (like our 240sx's vs silvia/180sx) or be a little bit cheaper than local models (SW20 & Z32 TT) for cars in just as good of shape if not better shape. Maybe that's just my opinion though, but hey I'm just happy that there are other people that share a passion for cars out there like I have for mine!

Mike09.... So Mike, when will we get to see you melt your JDM tires ;) in a smokey drift....? haha Keep me up to date on the ride....

http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100008/24.jpg
---> I still like this photo, I have a couple others of the Mercedes and it was entertaining trying to take some photos in the downpoor that was going on while we were in Vancouver! OF course the day we leave it's sunny and +10, would have been better for better photos!

Mike09
02-11-2004, 10:58 PM

Actually, I hate Mustangs more. All 90+ versions are ugly inside and out, the 4.6L V8 is a crappy truck engine, reliability is poor and most importantly; it's a Ford! It was just an example of a cheap & readily available RWD car. I just think for all the shit you have to go through just to bring a car into the country from Japan you should shoot higher than that.
What shit? That's why You get a broker/importer. I pay Import Concern They do all the shit at a great price and I just pay the cash and wait. Didn't go through much "shit".
^^^^^
Yea, I just love the projector headlight's. Espescially next to the benz.lol

Hollywood
02-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303
Hollywood, you seem like a good guy from when I've talked to you before, but don't let the fact that you have an SR powered 240 go to your head. I respect you and your car, there is no need to be putting down anyone in this post about a choice they made or could have made, it was their decision, they're happy with it, and we're all enthusiasts aren't we? Can't we all just get along?

I think what MX73Someday was refering to is the comment you made about how much more downtime and costly it would be to do what Mike09 is planning, which is where the comment about the 240sx came up & I know he's well aware that you can not import an S14 at this point. It's a silly argument really though.... I just feel buying JDM will typically save you the time and efforts of a swap on some models (like our 240sx's vs silvia/180sx) or be a little bit cheaper than local models (SW20 & Z32 TT) for cars in just as good of shape if not better shape. Maybe that's just my opinion though, but hey I'm just happy that there are other people that share a passion for cars out there like I have for mine!

I am a good guy, but it does not mean I do not have an opinion.

redbaron303
02-11-2004, 11:20 PM
I know, I never said you couldn't have an opinion.... You gave your opinion that you thought it was have been less hassle to purchase a turbo car instead of swapping... no need for an argument with someone else though, just let it ride! :)

And Mike... you should get an HID kit for that car, HID & Projectors look great!

Hollywood
02-12-2004, 06:40 PM
I... no need for an argument with someone else though, just let it ride! :)

I'm Italian....Arguing is in my blood!:D

blinkme_210
02-12-2004, 08:01 PM

Mike09.... So Mike, when will we get to see you melt your JDM tires ;) in a smokey drift....? haha Keep me up to date on the ride....

http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100008/24.jpg
---> I still like this photo, I have a couple others of the Mercedes and it was entertaining trying to take some photos in the downpoor that was going on while we were in Vancouver! OF course the day we leave it's sunny and +10, would have been better for better photos!

:werd:
I kinda think that the rain adds some cool effect to the picture. I especially love how the headlights are bright, and reflecting off the wet pavement :P

redbaron303
02-12-2004, 08:22 PM
I hope the photos are half decent.... I got all wet taking them but I'm glad my camera survived! hahahaha :)

DonJuan
02-13-2004, 12:19 PM

If you don't like my $0.02 then don't read it. Your $0.02 doesn't mean shit to me. Shouldn't you be cleaning ashtrays in the rental fleet?

Ha ha it took a couple days but he finally came in. BTW: I'm a supervisor and I RENT out the vehicles, I don't clean or service them, that's another department. I do however get to drive em around! Oh and in case you didn't notice your 2 cents don't mean shit to ANYONE, period. Only because you never have anything useful to say; if you'd like to change that and for people to start paying attention to you post sumthing useful and coherrent (refer to the posting guide for Newbies). Moving on...

So is the weight dist 55/45 or what? Oh and Mike 09 why don't you PM me back?

Hollywood
02-13-2004, 12:37 PM
The 95 s14 is 53,47, nost sure about the s13. The 95 was the lightest of all s14's. They made special provisions to lighten the chassis. Then they decided the lightening was too expesensive so it changed after that.

mx73someday
02-13-2004, 09:02 PM
The de-registration certificate for an 88 Silvia Q's says the car weighs 1090kg, 580kg front, 510kg rear. The de-registration certificate for an 88 Silvia K's says it weighs 1180kg, 640kg front, 540kg rear. I don't know how accurate the de-reg's are.

The 95 s14 is 53,47, nost sure about the s13. The 95 was the lightest of all s14's. They made special provisions to lighten the chassis. Then they decided the lightening was too expesensive so it changed after that.

Mike09
02-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Entertainment:

Hey HeavyD, I think eclipses are for stupid chicks who can't handle the intricacies of driving cars without awd, and are ugly inside and out!:rofl: So please if you have nothing useful to add shut up and find a thread titled: "My name is Brian Earl Spilner and my green Eclipse with the best $10,000 spent under the hood broke when I hit the stage 2 NAWSSSS on my laptop during a street race and welded the manifold causing the floorpan to fly off blah blah i need sr20's for my civics blah wah wah all cars suck but Eclipses blah blah":rofl:

Now just wait for the 13 year old to respond.:rofl:

Oh and isn't the weight ratio of Silvias with either C18 or SR is 55/45 and not 50/50?
Sorry Bro PM,ed back!

pulse_crx
02-17-2004, 12:37 AM
Wow, this thread turned to shit. So anyway Mike, whats first mod to the Silvia?

kevie88
02-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Yeah, this really sucks.. I'll clean this thread out if Mike asks me to.

We should really cut down on the flame wars around here, We're all car enthusiasts and I wish people wouldn't be so quick to jump down each other's throats everytime there's the slightest provocation, it just kills these otherwise great threads that start out with so much enthusiasm, just to get blown up due to people fighting.

Have you got your baby on the road yet Mike? I wanna come by and see it at lunch sometime!!

Mike09
02-17-2004, 06:47 PM
First mods are intake and exhaust.
Yes please Kevin clean this thread.
And No it's not on the road yet but not much longer.

Hollywood
02-17-2004, 07:09 PM
First mods are intake and exhaust.
Yes please Kevin clean this thread.
And No it's not on the road yet but not much longer.

Cleaning is for women Mike09.

Yes for 4000.00 dollars you got a good car.

Mike09
02-17-2004, 07:17 PM

Cleaning is for women Mike09.

Yes for 4000.00 dollars you got a good car.
Thank you.

DonJuan
02-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Wow he's finally gone!:thumbsup: Good job Kevin (hey that's me too!) BTW mike you got that car for 4 g's? wow that is a hella sweet deal! Maybe I can take a look at it when I come by to pick up the NX! I get paid tomm!

Mike09
02-18-2004, 06:42 PM
yea sure. just call first.

Mike09
02-18-2004, 06:58 PM
And yes I only paid $4G- shipping and all. I'm call dat a good deal.

ExtremeSi
02-18-2004, 07:42 PM
I second that. $4gs is a great deal! Are you regretting buying RHD at all, or is it just as good once you get used to it?

pulse_crx
02-18-2004, 10:39 PM
So for 4G's you got that. Now image what 8000-9000 could get you. Hmm, maybe 2?

redbaron303
02-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Or a heavily modded turbo one :D

I liked Mike's car, it was a good choice on his part.

statick
02-27-2004, 01:48 PM
:werd: im lookin 2 get a silvia aswell. maybe RHD, maybe not....

is RHD illegal in calgary ???

jdms13rhd
02-27-2004, 01:57 PM
you CAN have a rhd car in Calgary. No prob!

blinkme_210
02-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Not just Calgary, all of Canada.

Idratherbsidewayz
02-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Its funny that a Silvia with decent kilometers costs less than a 240sx.

kevie88
02-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Its funny that a Silvia with decent kilometers costs less than a 240sx.

heh, that's exactly what I was thinking!! I'm going to look at some 240's today, but I'm seriously thinking about just getting Import Concern to hook me up.. time to start writing some e-mails!!

redbaron303
02-29-2004, 01:41 PM
:D

I think you can find a good deal in Japan especially compared to typical local pricing of similar nonturbo cars in the same or worse shape!

Plenty of options out there, just depends on ones budget :)

jdms13rhd
02-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Yes Silvias are a very good deal in Japan but have you ever seen the prices on a 86. Geeze ther can go for 10 grang with a few goodies.

Redlyne_mr2
02-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by jdms13rhd
Yes Silvias are a very good deal in Japan but have you ever seen the prices on a 86. Geeze ther can go for 10 grang with a few goodies.
Yah those damn 86s go for way too much you can get a nice 5 series of even 7 series bmw for much less

kevie88
02-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

heh, that's exactly what I was thinking!! I'm going to look at some 240's today, but I'm seriously thinking about just getting Import Concern to hook me up.. time to start writing some e-mails!!

Went to look at two 240's today but both were absolute rust buckets... I'd like to talk to you guys at Import Concern, can I call you guys on Monday? I wouldn't mind chatting with you in particular Redbaron, can you PM me your number?

awddrifter
03-08-2004, 12:13 AM
sorry to revive this thread from the dead... but who bought this Sileighty in Edmonton? http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100011/

They go to these forums??

One of my buddies is contemplating on getting a 240sx... but i'm trying to point him in the direction of a Sileighty (s13 projectors > flip-up's IMO). Would be cool for the owner to post here :)

redbaron303
03-08-2004, 03:08 PM
The owner posts on 780tuners.com :)

He's a pretty cool guy, if you wanna pm him there I can give you his login privately.

Kev - check your PM's :)